Scout and City States

Whiterussian

Warlord
As i am Swiss i could only play the Demo.

But something that really annoyed my is that the scout keeps on intruding into City State areas. And therefore pissing them off ...
Is this a bug or just stupid? Or am i missing something? Or only the Demo...??

they'll probably fix it eventually if enough people complain

you might want to control everything yourself for now... automated scouting usually fails anyways

it happened to my scout and caravel when i put them on auto explore, hopefully that can get fixed

I agree, this intrusion penalty is a pain in the ass. Just one more annoyance from citystates, in addition to the endless requests to wage war on the other side of the world.

I agree, this intrusion penalty is a pain in the ass. Just one more annoyance from citystates, in addition to the endless requests to wage war on the other side of the world.

I don't think there is a problem with the penalty itself; personally I like it. But I agree the pathfinding should take it into account.

Well but with these 1upt i had already so much work on my hands... Moving all these units manually...
Where is the time to build city's?

The penalty is not a problem, the probably is that the scout AI is too stupid. This is definitely a bug and needs to be fixed.

Right i am not complaining about the penalty! But the Scout AI is the problem...
Also i had it once where a pirate ship kept on shooting at the scout, but the scout just keep on standing at the same spot until it was dead... how smart is that??

It doesn't matter if you go in city state territory so long as your back out again a turn or two later as the negative influence decreases quite quickly back to 0.

Top Bottom