1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Screen doesn't fit...

Discussion in 'Civ 6 - Consoles' started by Hansiso, Nov 23, 2019.

1. Hansiso

Hansiso Chieftain

Hi!

I'm new to Civ and just bought Civ6 for PS4. I have been really excited for it, and everything looked good in the menus, but when I started the tutorial I suddenly realized that all the edges of the screen was cut off. This obviously means I'm not able to see the panel-information and so on.

I am living in a temporary apartment atm. With a Sanyo LCD-TV. For some reason the menus on the TV won't let me fix the aspect ratio, and the ps4 screen adjustments are set to the smallest.

Does anyone have any tips on how to fix this?

Socrates- likes this.
  2. Alex12345

Alex12345 Chieftain

I have the same issues! I even tried to switch to another tv and that didn’t help. I haven’t experienced this problem with other games..

3. Hansiso

Hansiso Chieftain

Still no one here that wants to help or know if there will be a setting for this in an upcoming patch?

4. Petek

Petek Alpha Centaurian Administrator Supporter

I'll move this thread to the Civ 6 - Consoles forum. Perhaps someone there can help. Good luck!

Moderator Action: Moved to Civ 6 - Consoles forum.

5. Maximus Prime

Maximus Prime Chieftain

The screen fits, i am 100% sure it does. The settings are in your TV, i cant for the life of me remember where exactly but it is in the display. You need to change some display settings in your TV.

I have done this in two instances and all worked. In one instance i had to adjust a Hisense tv settings, a budget tv that could not even pick up hdmi signals unless i changed the source. Thus , i presume any decent tv out there should be able to be adjusted.

6. Socrates-

Socrates- Chieftain

Got the same issue here. Can’t seem to find the solution (so-called ‘overscan’ option) on my tv.

I did however got in touch with the technical team about the issue. They told me this issue was already known to them. Sadly no concrete answer on when it will be fixed through a patch.

hopefully it’ll be soon

7. Draco84

Draco84 Warlord

In my experience each of my tvs had a different way to deal with this but they all could adjust.

Tv one (Sony) I had to change the input icon to a computer monitor, when I did that problem solved

Tv two the setting was called something like pixel perfect

Tv 3 I had the zoom option of direct feed (or something similar)

Good luck

Socrates- likes this.
  8. neonshaker

neonshaker Chieftain

This is exactly what fixed mine. Took me a while to find it though. I'm on a Panasonic if it helps anyone.

Socrates- likes this.
  9. Hansiso

Hansiso Chieftain

Thanks for the help so far, but unfortunately my TV has blocked any possible way to change the size of the screen. The only setting-category I cannot reach in the TV-menu is a symbol with a magnifying glass above a screen. Also when I click the "Point to Point"-button on my TV-controller nothing happens, almost like the button is completely broken.

I've also tried fixing the resolution on my ps4, but that doesn't work either. Please 2k, patch this game! I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one with this problem.

10. Socrates-

Socrates- Chieftain

Did you try adjusting the input-settings? This is what eventually fixed it for me!

Hopefully you’ll be able to solve the issue cause the game is awesome!