Screenshot analysis!

But city placement is supposed to matter, and if you could just ignore water for housing and luxuries for ammenities, a big part of that would be gone.

I'd argue that one of the hallmarks of civilization (humanity) is its ability to use engineering to compensate for the weak side of trade-offs. You only get 36 tiles - using 2-4 additional, and paying for them both with production and gold, would be an interesting decision for the player to make.

Like this?

Spoiler :

Sure, I've seen old aqueducts in several cities as a historic monument. The Carioca Aqueduct in Rio is very impressive for example. Also there are of course modern aqueducts built to cities like LA and New York, but they look completely different.

But the fact is that most old aqueducts are obsolete as a water supply today, and I wonder if that will be reflected in the game by upgrading or changing appearance to a modern pressurized pipeline aqueduct for example (because I doubt it will become obsolete in terms of in game effect). As I said, it's not a big deal, just a possibility.

Looking at that video, the toolbar looks similar to BNW where you could check what era a civ was by looking at diplo screens. Here it's just on the tree itself, which makes some sense.

The scale suggests there is more than one position in a given era, but can't confirm that until can get two tool tips within the same era.

Ok, I've found an example to show that the markers at the bottom of the tech tree are more granular than just the era. This is from Turn 81 in the Spain livestream.

The bar at the bottom has a sun on the left, 7 dots and then a star on the right. Ancient Era is the sun, the boundaries for each of the subsequent eras are the dots and the star is after Future Tech so can never be reached.

The indicator with the compass rose and turn counter is the player's civ (if there were other civs at the same point there would be a number like 2 on top of it). To the left of that one is France and the one with 2 civs is Teddy and Qin.

The Classical Era and Medieval Era dots are to the left of everyone. The Renaissance Era dot is between France and Spain. So Spain is in the Renaissance having learned Cartography and all the rest are in the Medieval. However, France is separate from the other two so I expect that is because their most advanced tech is from one column to the right of the other civs (Medieval only has two columns). I believe this is an indicator of how advanced a civ is in the tree and not a reflection of how many techs they have researched (i.e. total science completed).

Spoiler :

Just want to say that these are some juicy yields (at least for medieval era) :D

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

I believe it's a bug what Mine didn't remove Rainforest. It should be only 1 Food.

Just want to say that these are some juicy yields (at least for medieval era) :D

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

I expect late game yields to be significantly higher than in Civ5, where yields didn't increase much at all. A non-resource farm or mine only yielded 4 in Civ5 late game.

I do expect that it is tied to the gossip system for at least for knowing which Civ it is. When the player mouses over the circles, it has a tool tip (but I don't have a timestamp in a video to point at). I can't recall if that shows unmet civs or not.

The Great Person screen of the Spain walkthrough indicates that there were several unmet civilizations in that game. They had met France, China and America and those were the only ones showing up in that slider at the bottom of the tech and civic screens.

So I'd say that supports the interpretation that knowing the position of other civs is tied to the gossip system.

In the devs play religion I've taken closer look at the main menu:

Spoiler :

The bottom icons seems to be:
- Civilization.
- Leader (+1 to multiple leaders).
- Difficulty level.
- Speed.

Interesting is the background of difficulty level icon with filled bars. Based on the icon, it's clearly fifth difficulty level out of 6. That's the number we've seen in CivBE, Civ3 and Civ2 - it's less than Civ5 (8) and Civ4 (9).

Attachments

• temp.png
    temp.png
    225.7 KB · Views: 2,808
The confirmation of double leaders has been around since steams Civ 6 page was released... It talks about whats in the deluxe edition, here's the direct quote.

Expand your empire further with the Civilization VI Digital Deluxe which includes the full base game, the 25th Anniversary Digital Soundtrack, and access to four post-launch DLC packs* that will add new maps, scenarios, civilizations and leaders for a bundled discount.

If it was just one leader, then the "and leaders" part is completely redundant and wouldn't be included in the line.

Spoiler :

The bottom icons seems to be:
- Civilization.
- Leader (+1 to multiple leaders).
- Difficulty level.
- Speed.

Interesting is the background of difficulty level icon with filled bars. Based on the icon, it's clearly fifth difficulty level out of 6. That's the number we've seen in CivBE, Civ3 and Civ2 - it's less than Civ5 (8) and Civ4 (9).

It is also missing the indicator of the map type that was present in Civ V.

When I talked about that screen here and here I was curious what speed people thought it was with the game speed at 15 past the hour. Quick or standard?

When I talked about that screen here and here I was curious what speed people thought it was with the game speed at 15 past the hour. Quick or standard?

Sorry, I've missed your posts.

If there are 4 speeds, the most logical display to me is 15-30-45-60. But it's completely up to devs.

Based on the numbers we've seen, it looks like quick, IMHO.

Good catch stealth_nsk

I'm not very fond of the new menus, not that such a thing matters much, of course.

The lack of a map size/type indicator is probably just an oversight on their part. Having 6 difficulty levels rather than 8/9 is puzzling.

The lack of a map size/type indicator is probably just an oversight on their part.

Or different approach to map generation where map scripts have much more variety and freedom in map size. But most likely an oversight or icons not ready.

Having 6 difficulty levels rather than 8/9 is puzzling.

Actually only Civ 4 and 5 had more difficulties, so it's not much problem.

What bothers me here is - Ed seem to be handling himself relatively well on 5th difficulty. Even if he's a good player, the game should be under heavy balance now, so it should be impossible to develop efficient strategies. I remember in August of 2010 we've seen dev let's play of Immortal level in Civ5 and the guy showing it was beaten pretty badly. And we all know how difficult those difficulties turned out to be.

Hope it all is under balance now.

As it looks now, it seems to have only 6 difficulties and the 5th one doesn't seem to be too hard.
But there may be other options why that is this way:
- it's only a placeholder, and so far every difficulty is more or less the same (a bit late for that)
- it's not a real game, it was build in a world builder as it is and thus the AI cannot benefit from the difficulty.
(- Ed wanted to look cool and used a build in which 5 is actually pretty easy for showing off)
- there are more than 6 difficulties, but they are displayed in another way. Something like 6 is emperor and then the circle is filled completely. Immortal/Deity are 7 and 8 in a different color to make the system look like a "easy to hard" is regular, but on top of that we have 2 for the very brave. I remember seeing that in some games.

Or different approach to map generation where map scripts have much more variety and freedom in map size. But most likely an oversight or icons not ready.

Possitive as always stealth_nsk :lol: I really hope that is the case.

Actually only Civ 4 and 5 had more difficulties, so it's not much problem.

What bothers me here is - Ed seem to be handling himself relatively well on 5th difficulty. Even if he's a good player, the game should be under heavy balance now, so it should be impossible to develop efficient strategies. I remember in August of 2010 we've seen dev let's play of Immortal level in Civ5 and the guy showing it was beaten pretty badly. And we all know how difficult those difficulties turned out to be.

Hope it all is under balance now.

Let's wait and see, I'm sure they know what they are doing.

I just find it puzzling because it reduces our options, and being able to craft our own experience is something this game excels at.

Something like 6 is emperor and then the circle is filled completely. Immortal/Deity are 7 and 8 in a different color to make the system look like a "easy to hard" is regular, but on top of that we have 2 for the very brave. I remember seeing that in some games.

Good point.

If Immortal/Deity are meant as special challenges, you might even have to unlock them first. (Sorry, first-game-is deity-folks) I would not like that, though.

It is possible that there are more then 6 difficulty levels. The bars could change color for the levels beyound 6.

Maybe they use the bars to show if these are normal or challeging difficulty levels.

Top Bottom