Screenshot analysis!

I played Chieftain, thank you very much. :p

I said "almost nobody" not "nobody" ;)

I want a game speed between Epic and Marathon. Anything faster than Epic is just uncomfortably fast, but Marathon feels like it creeps along painfully. :(

Yeah, the jump between epic and marathon was ridiculous. Turn limit jumps of difficulties were
330->500->750-------->1500.
Marathon was unplayable for me.

Marathon is too long. Quick is too short.

Epic is perfect for me.

Standard is way too quick, marathon feels like slow motion.

Epic still feels too quick for me, but marathon does indeed feel like slow motion. Hence my plea for something in between. :(

Epic with a marathon science speed mod.

It tends to overpower the things that give you free techs, to be frank.

Heresy!!! Heresy I tell you. Marathon is the only way.

I'm with you.
I tried playing normal speed recently to adjust for a multiplayer game, and....I don't know if I even want to play the game now! Not a fan of every war being a hundred years!

It was mentioned what "Prince" level is the one without bonuses. So, based on early civ games we'll likely see something like this:
1. Chieftan. Heavy human bonuses.
2. Warlord. Small human bonuses.
3. Prince. No bonuses.
4. King. Small AI bonuses.
5. Emperor. Heavy AI bonuses.
6. Deity. Insane AI bonuses.

Of course, there's still possibility what we'll have more than 6 levels somehow.

There could easily be a "0" difficulty level where no bars at all are displayed, making it 7 in total.

There could easily be a "0" difficulty level where no bars at all are displayed, making it 7 in total.

Yes, that's possible.

Didnt they say in the press videos, that no matter what you took it was all prince, because the difficulties werent in yet? ^^"

Didnt they say in the press videos, that no matter what you took it was all prince, because the difficulties werent in yet? ^^"

I don't remember at which point it was said, but clearly by now difficulties should be implemented already. Also, one of the early screenshots showed +2 difficulty level bonus for player, which meant some testing of different difficulty levels was started long ago.

I just noticed something that I don't think we've talked about before. When you are a suzerain, it says that you can use your builders to improve the tiles of the city-state. That's pretty cool!

I just noticed something that I don't think we've talked about before. When you are a suzerain, it says that you can use your builders to improve the tiles of the city-state. That's pretty cool!

Also there are those trading posts again

Also there are those trading posts again

Confirmed for a while now. Basically they're invisible buildings that get built when you establish a trade route with another city. They provide extra gold to trade routes going to or going through that city.

That is a very important feature. No more waiting for city states to finally connect their iron or coal!

In Civ V you could just pay gold to connect those resources for city-states, which was especially good for those far-flung city-states...could be hard getting a builder half way across the world just to have him build a mine for some coal.

Confirmed for a while now. Basically they're invisible buildings that get built when you establish a trade route with another city. They provide extra gold to trade routes going to or going through that city.

They are likely visible with specific lenses. It's possible the lenses will be activating with selecting a trader unit.

Top Bottom