1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Screenshot analysis!

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Camikaze, May 11, 2016.

1. MistyRonin

MistyRonin Warlord

I was expecting drones as an upgrade of the balloons, pity.

2. Josephias

Josephias Emperor

I guess it's true. Still could be possible, but it should be then paired with some other minuses - i.e. when in "square" (that is, when you accompany a support unit), you lose ZOC.

Then, the "hold back" would be useful only at real choke points.

3. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

So, England's Sea Dog is a Renaissance Submarine that captures ships. It has the same note about only being visible to adjacent units as the Submarine does.

4. leedss

leedss Chieftain

Philip agenda.

5. Josephias

Josephias Emperor

I like it's not so crazy as the usual "hates you if you are a different religión". Of course he likes you if you are the same, but he only hate you if you try to spread a different religión into his lands. So, as long as you don't try to outwin him for a Religious Victory, you can remain quite peaceful :)

6. Olleus

Olleus Deity

Finally watched it. His insistence on reading absolutely everything is annoying as hell. Anyway, I screenshoted the most interesting/newest stuff.

Nuclear weapons appear to be stored in silos or nuclear subs, not actual units. Air combat is very different, bombers have much much larger range than fighters, so I assume the mechanics are very different to Civ5. Also cant build any air units without an airstrip district.

Spoiler :

Attached Files:

7. Lesser Ajax

Lesser Ajax Chieftain

Spoiler :

Figured it might be convenient to collect the other new agendas besides Philip's in this thread.

Also, Tomyris's Leader Ability is called Killer of Cyrus.
    Spoiler :

8. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

Hmmm, so you can pillage a Missile Silo to prevent launches? Do you capture the nuke if you capture the city with a silo in its territory? Could a spy steal a nuke? So many questions.

9. Denkt

Denkt Left permamently

Sewers only provide two housing and cost like 500 production, that can not be correct there has to be something hidden here and Im not talking about democracy insperation.

10. Cerilis

Cerilis Not Warlord

Maybe they improve over time with bonuses in other techs/civics?

11. Sansa_Stark

Sansa_Stark Prince

Small icons on the right upper corner of Agoge and Ilkum, indicating that those two are new. Seems that devs are really reading these forums :D

Spoiler :

12. KrikkitTwo

KrikkitTwo Immortal

Well it gives you housing without taking a tile

13. Guandao

Guandao Rajah of Minyue and Langkasuka

Anyone seen Gandhi's Agenda yet?

14. Seek

Seek Deity Supporter

I doubt any spear will see this promotion. In fact, probably won't see any unit with it until mid-late-game due to how slow experience is accrued.

15. KrikkitTwo

KrikkitTwo Immortal

If you had an early AT with that promotion it would be literally invincible.(except maybe to nukes)

16. ThomasClark

ThomasClark Warlord

Actually, it's only level 2, and it looks like you can get to at least level 2 by fighting city-states. I haven't figured out how many XP you need for level 2 or what the caps are, but you get level 1 after only 2 offensive melee attacks.

You do have to tech to battering ram, build a battering ram, maintain it, march it across the map, etc, but still...I have a 3 Hoplite, 1 Battering Ram, 1 Great General formation all queued up.

17. Seek

Seek Deity Supporter

Oops, thought it was tier 3 or 4 - should have double checked!

18. ThomasClark

ThomasClark Warlord

Here are the ranged promotions. A little less exciting, which is probably for the best. If you can get to level 4, you get double strike as long as the unit hasn't moved.

I saw that after level 1 vs barbs you only get 1 xp per attack from a ranged unit, which is about what I expected.

Spoiler :
    Ranged Promotions.jpg

19. Sansa_Stark

Sansa_Stark Prince

This is how you swap tiles apparently...

Spoiler :

And if you hover over other civ's city in trade menu, you can see which districts it has.

Spoiler :

20. elitetroops

elitetroops Deity

Crossbow->Field Cannon is kind of interesting. There's a very straight beeline path through the middle of the tech tree from Stirrups and Military Engineering to Ballistics. The Eurekas along that path are all easy to grab, except the 2 forts for Ballistics require a detour. Unless you are playing Rome... Roman Field Cannons could potentially become one of the deadliest weapons in this game.