Screenshot analysis!

There may also be modifiers for each leaders. Monty has always been portrayed as the most irrational leader in Civ Franchises.

It could be that some leaders react less to their agendas than others.

acropolis is a cultural district since it comes with the drama civic. at least that's what I concluded.

acropolis is a cultural district since it comes with the drama civic. at least that's what I concluded.

It's either a replacement for the cultural district, or the amphitheartre, as they are both unlocked at Drama and Poetry.

Well, Ed did say that there are only three civilizations with unique districts, all of which we already know: England with the Royal Shipyard, Brazil with the Street Carnaval and Germany with the Hansa.
Therefore, Acropolis is, most likely, an amphitheater replacement.

Well, Ed did say that there are only three civilizations with unique districts, all of which we already know: England with the Royal Shipyard, Brazil with the Street Carnaval and Germany with the Hansa.

I thought he said 3 civs with 2 unique units, which so far is America and England.

awww. I hoped for a unique one of each district.

I thought he said 3 civs with 2 unique units, which so far is America and England.

I think you are both wrong :D You are right that he was talking about unique units, but he said "couple more" civs, not 2 more civs. I am not a native speaker, but I am pretty sure that meant "a few more" (like 2-4), not specifically two.

Both are unrelated statements that have been said in different occasions. There are only 3 civs with unique districts and 3 civs with a second UU.

Acropolis is almost certainly a district replacement. The real Acropolis is not a building, it's a location where other buildings are built. If it was a building, they would have named it something else.

Both are unrelated statements that have been said in different occasions. There are only 3 civs with unique districts and 3 civs with a second UU.
Don't know where you're getting this from.

Acropolis is almost certainly a district replacement. The real Acropolis is not a building, it's a location where other buildings are built. If it was a building, they would have named it something else.
I'd also add that replacing the amphitheatre for Greece, from whence the amphitheatre originally comes and on whose amphitheatres the building is modeled, would be very strange.

I'd also add that replacing the amphitheatre for Greece, from whence the amphitheatre originally comes and on whose amphitheatres the building is modeled, would be very strange.
Caravels were invented by the Portuguese, yet in every single game since Civ III Portugal never had access to the caravel because they replace it with the Nau.
So this is nothing new.

Unique districts and improvements are a lot more 'sexy' than a uniqe building. They fit a lot better with making the map feel and look special. I think that all our most of the non space/neighborhood/aqueduct/airport dictrict will have a unique version of it.

So we have unique:

CAMPUS :
Could be A MADDRASHA for Arabia, gets adjances bonus from holy site and Comercial district.

CULTURE :
Definitely Greece Accropolis.

COMMERCIAL ;? Bazar for Arabia or Roman forum for Rome

INDUSTRIAL ; Hansa, Germany

HARBOR : England

ENTERTAINMENT : Brazil

ENCAMPMENT , Roman special?

HOLYSITE : Spanish perhaps?

Unique districts and improvements are a lot more 'sexy' than a uniqe building. They fit a lot better with making the map feel and look special. I think that all our most of the non space/neighborhood/aqueduct/airport dictrict will have a unique version of it.

So we have unique:

CAMPUS :
Could be one of the great leaders trait, or maybe gilgamesh gets that.

CULTURE :

COMMERCIAL ; Hansa, Germany

ENCAMPMENT , don't know have anyone a idea?

HOLYSITE : no idea?

The Hansa is a Industrial Zone replacement, not Commercial Hub.

The idea of Arabian Madrasas as a special district (in place of Campus?) someone mentioned earlier seemed very plausible.

EDIT: By the way, totally agree that they'll want as many speciality districts as possible.

I like the maddrasha idea: Could get science from neighboring holy cites and commercial district. Might provide some faith as well?

So we have unique:

CAMPUS :
Could be one of the great leaders trait, or maybe gilgamesh gets that.

CULTURE :

COMMERCIAL ; Hansa, Germany

ENCAMPMENT , don't know have anyone a idea?

HOLYSITE : no idea?

Maybe a Campus Martius encampment replacement for Rome?

Top Bottom