[SDK] Dale's Combat Mod!

CASA = Combined Arms Stack Attack.
Sounds like he made it switchable in the options menu.

Same seems to be with the defines. Sounds like he made certain values within the Defines alterable by the player through the game options.

Dale, good to see all those bugs getting squished, but I've got to ask, what about the "waiting for other players..." stall that is happening to a bunch of ppl here? That's really the biggest reason I am not playing your mod right now. Having to kill civ4 and then load it back up again a huge map really makes me not want to play anymore.

Also I am guessing the melee units not being able to attack and wasting their turn because of only one melee attack against each defender by a stack at a time...that's pretty much set in stone and won't be fixed somehow? Or are you waiting on firaxis or something else before making another version where it works?

Okay, question answered here. :)

In the Civ4 version because adding new game options do not work properly (IE: they don't show up in the custom game menu) I have enabled stack attack as a game option but to turn it off you have to open /mods/dales combat mod/assets/xml/gameinfo/civ4gameoptioninfos.xml and change the last gameoption so the default is 0 (zero). This will turn off stack attacking in your games. In the warlords version you do not need to do this as game options show correctly in the custom game menu and can be turned on/off whilst setting up your new game. :)

The "waiting for other players" this time appears to be occuring when the AI puts a ship at the head of a stack that will perform land combat. Obviously this doesn't work and causes a stall. This is what the first bug in the ToDo list refers to. However, I cannot guarentee this will completely elliminate the stalls. It should get rid of AT THE LEAST most of them.

Yes, melee combat (and the entire process of stack attack) is set in stone. Firstly, the graphics engine does not accomodate multi vs single attacks and secondly I do not have the time to investigate. I have to wrap this up in the next week or two.

Dale

upstart said:
Also I am guessing the melee units not being able to attack and wasting their turn because of only one melee attack against each defender by a stack at a time.

Just to clear it up. The melee units that do not participate in the attack dont waste their turn. see 446. They can still move - maybe make a second wave attack. Thats make a great difference to me.

When can we expect a new version of the Combat Mod (with the changes/bugfixes you already mentioned), Dale?

Just cant get passed year 440, was playing as China.
Log and Saved game are attached. Let me know if this helped??(stalled)

Well i tried to send game but is too big for forum.
This is CIV4 not Warlords.

Thanks for the reply Dale, sounds like the mod will be nearly perfect when you are done with it. Hopefully at that point some other talented modder/programmer(tried it myself for awhile but never found enough patience for the stuff) will come along to investigate the few remaining quirks and maybe make some detailed refinements or expand upon it. Anyways thanks for the work you have put in for us all on this project!

strategyonly:

Before ending your turn (so when the "Press ENTER" is flashing) press CTRL-Z (works only if you have "chipotle" cheat code in the ini file) which'll show the entire map. Press ENTER to end turn. When it stalls and has the "waiting for other civs" flashing press ALT-Z which will move you to the next player. If this AI player has finished its turn all the units will have moved and "Press ENTER to end turn" will be flashing (there may be one or two units that the AI didn't finish moving but still ended its turn). If the above is true and the AI has done its turn, press ALT-Z again to the next player. Continue on until you come to the first AI player with most of its units requiring moving/orders. This is the AI causing the stall (as the attacker). Take note of who they're at war with and look for potential battles. You're looking for a city where this AI will attack the enemy FROM and that there is a ship in the city. Once you find this city, reload the save and before ending your turn press CTRL-W into the Worldbuilder, go to the city you found and delete the ship from the city. Press CTRL-W to exit the worldbuilder and press ENTER to end your turn.

If your turn ends, then you found the unit that stalled (and what the particular bug I'm working on now). If it doesn't, there could potentially be another situation like above. Hence repeat the above. Eventually you should narrow it down to the unit/s causing the problem. I bet they're all ships in cities where the owner is attacking from in a land battle. :)

This is the process I use. Takes me up to half an hour for each save to isolate the instance that it occurs. From there I can recreate the situation in a new game to confirm the bug. But if you don't have time for all this, don't worry. :)

Dale

Dale, Questions about missiles...
What are Missiles unit catagory?
What i am looking to do is to make Smitty's Aegis Crusier capable of transporting only cruise missiles and the same with bommer subs, battleships & Missile Frigates.

strategyonly:

When you were trying to bombard where they wouldn't, was that within your own borders? If so that was a reported bug from 1.02 and the latest DLL I posted yesterday fixes that. :)

Klyde:

The missile unit categories are two new categories I created specifically for the cruise and cruise-nuke missiles in the modpack. Basically they help to differentiate from standard air unit categories. If you look in Civ4UnitClassInfos.xml you'll see the new categories listed in there.

Keldath:

Sorry, didn't think anyone would want the source code for this test. :)
http://users.tpg.com.au/thesdale/civ4/dcmcode.zip

rockinroger:

Thanks mate. :)

Dale

Dale we noticed a CTD on TheLopez's MAD implementation and it may effect yours, you may want to test this out.

1) Multiple Nuke Target A City
2) Raze City either through normal or non normal methods
3) End Turn
4) CTD

year 1200, report. attacking mansa musa with stack of, 2 horse archers, 2 gallic warriors, 1 archer, 3 catapults. mansa has 1 long bowman, 3 skirmishers. city reduced to 2% defence

Top Bottom