Discussion in 'Civ4 - Modpacks' started by embryodead, Aug 6, 2013.
Well it crashes when I try to start a new game. I can't figure out why.
Screenshot with error attached.
Got a nameless warlord afterwards.
Multiplayer option is greyed out
Great to see this mod released - Thank you!
Looking good and downloading today.
The siege option sounds very interesting!
I'm gonna be honest. I've played a third game with a modified CIV4UnitInfos.xml. With all I said. Only for testing another type of fight.
· penalty on forest/jungle (-25%), except samurais (Teppo and Yumi).
· More bonus to archers on city (25% -> 50%).
· They can shoot (AirRange, AirCombat, etc).
· Added tag UNITAI_COLLATERAL, so AI knows how to use.
· Guns can do collateral damage, but less damage to 1 unit than a archer (capped to -30%)
· Archers can do more damage (-40%), but without collateral damage.
· Added to guns a little bonus vs melee (10%).
· Archers can not bombard defenses, only the guns.
· Added bonus vs archers
· Teppo and mounted samurai can shoot. Added tag collateral to AI too.
· Mangonel can shoot. More damage (-50%), more collateral damage(2 units).
· Mortar, capped to -60% and 3 units.
· A evil idea: Added the tag <FeatureImpassables>. They can not pass through forest or jungle. The IA can not resolve the problem, but with humans are an important tactical decision (to use boats and to choose the moment and the place to put them, or shoot directly from boats).
- Mangonel is almost useless to attack. It is necessary a very good fleet to transport. It's logical, the siege weapons are built when the city is besieged, they never built before (as it occurs in the civ), and obviusly, transported. And, if we have siege weapons after a battle, they are abandoned (or used to do a good bonfire). To cross a forest in real life, impossible. But, in game, it is impracticable, no siege weapons really.
- Archers. A Yuri, with general, city raider III, etc, and a good amount of shoots, it's a 99% odds to kill the unit. When city is on hills, more difficult (90%). When the archer is a Yumi samurai with hills promotions, very difficult (80%, with a highly promoted general). Even shooting before. The AI shoots too.
- No more armies stationed indefinitely in our territory. Mangonel, with the 50% damage, and 2 units with collateral is very effective to becomes weak the enemy. The AI, as it cannot move them, has a good defender.
- No more unbeatables units. Especially, the rebels. The archers can do a good job: 2 o 3 to shoot a 1 to kill the enemy unit.
Maybe, it's easy, compared with previous games.
I promise you I'll play a fourth game, and I'll use the original xml, with the tacticals that you have related (the spy and courtesan).
I think all units must have their counterpart. To avoid unbeatables units. The only one counterpart is the pikeman (yari and upgrades) against mounted. All melee units have bonus vs other melees. And they have a 5 . Unit on hills+forest=unbeatable (spy only works in enemy territory).
It's difficult to take a city with only defensive units.
Other, we gain all upgrades to units too fast. It's not necessary to research late techs.
Inflation grow up too fast. It's very hard to have a big army without money.
And civics, yes, they need a rework too.
It sounds very good. It seems RTW. I'm a RTW player too. This is a idea I had got. I'm expectant. If you can do without to use the dll, only python, I will be eternally grateful.
Espectacular and brilliant mod. Thanks for all.
In my game, at turn 258, doesn't work. I'm already waiting the others daymos...
I'm trying know what's the matter.
Bye and thanks for the mod.
-Checking food calculation is impossible, for Dam
-When attacking you can immeatidely see the result from the unit
-Mangonels don't lose their movement after attacking (and winning)
-I suggest changing tile defences +25% forest & hill and +50% forested hill
-Does field attack work? At least you don't see the bonuses?
-Road missing next to Oko, Tosa
-Crabs next to Hagi, Nagato 1E
-Teppo cavalry is really sucky
-How to build Nanbue Quarter?
-Sundered Realm: the Alliance members are willing to sign peace treaties too quickly. Make the Sundered Realm penalty higher. Otherwise winning is really easy.
-Trade yields are quite low
-Morale 2-4 don't affect army, shouldn't they?
-Are seafood near Funai and Kitshuki supposed to be just out of both cities reach?
-When other competitors are close to you the legitimacy limit should rise.
Yes, there won't be a multiplayer version.
Could you post the savegame please? (i.e. attach it to the post). Without it there's no way to find the error.
Well, it's possible to count manually... it does work.
Can you elaborate? I don't understand. Is the second one a suggestion?
That's a very good idea. Done.
Yes it works, and it's included in combat odds, just not below in bonuses. I might be able to make it show there as well, will see.
It is. It's meant to be a fast defensive unit... but more of a flavor unit really. I'm not sure what to do with it because this was an extremely rare unit historically only used by Date and Tokugawa, rather experimentally, with very little impact. Having it as an upgrade to heavy cavalry or musketmen would be just very very wrong.
Use a Great Merchant.
It's rather difficult to do but I'll see.
This really depends on the clan. Clans like Otomo can get 6-7 gold per route.
No, this one is a bit special - every unit has its own morale bonus while in the army.
Yes, so that they don't grow too big while having resources to trade. Same with crabs near Hagi, Nagato.
Not sure if I understand that one. What was the actual problem? I know one is that currently it's possible to avoid Sundered Realm event by keeping Fame as low as possible, though that should be fixed on the SVN.
Yes, it does. It would just be nice to see the bonus.
When you attack with animated combat, you can immeatidely see your units strength after the combat, although the combat is still active. No, I really mean that after attacking and winning (withdrawing), catapults still have all their movement left.
I see. It is just that it is in the end of the tech tree and you would expect something more.
I mean that there would be diplomacy penalty that kicks in at the Sundered Realm event that nobody wouldn't negotiate with you for 10-20 turns. Because otherwise when the war declarations begin, you can sign peace treaties really quickly; especially if you were already at with most of the members, which is usually the case.
Hagi can grow to 3 currently.
I had a game where I was at maybe 90% Legitimacy and Togugawa could've been around 60-70%, but I won without ever facing him on the battlefield. So my suggestion is that if a competing clan is above 50% legitimacy the legitimacy limit would rise, so that you can't win unless you deal with them as you realistically should.
Sorry, for the misunderstandings, those were my notes and maybe I didn't write them out as well as I should have. I have played maybe four games and so far I like it, although economy seems to be a constant problem.
Another question: why doesn't anybody vassalise to Ikko ikki?
I also got this:
And the attached save crashes on the next turn.
How do you go to war with a "Minor Daimyo"?
Looked and looked. Read everything. Can't find out how.
Just move into their territory, as you would against barbarians.
I did exactly that. About 19 times. My troops will NOT cross the border.
Details; Playing as Oda Nobhide (sp? the first leader of the Oda clan) attempted to move into territory of the minor daimyo northeast of Oda home territory. The game simply would NOT allow me to cross the border there.
Then there's something wrong with your installation or your settings.
I just tried both 1.0 and latest svn versions, difficulty Daimyo, balanced: in my first turn, as I tried to pass the border of Iwamura with Oda Nobuhide and a troop of three I was asked if I would declare war. I answered yes and entered the minor daimyo's territory.
Try moving the unit into Minor Daimyo borders with arrow keys, not mouse. It should then ask you to declare war.
Sorry for lack of replies and activity, I should get more time for Civ4 this week and I'll get back to you.
This looks really good.
As someone who loves this time period and has made a few mods for various Civ incarnations (2,4,5), I am very impressed.
Why no multiplayer? It wouldn't need to be perfect, but just being able to have multiple humans on this map would be really cool.
Also, are your images from the Nobunaga's ambition series? Some of the images look like they may be from "Iron Triangle".
This mod are one of the bests
Separate names with a comma.