Sengoku-mod - Feudal Japan Mod/Scenario

- Platy Scoreboard patch

If there's a mod that needs this, this is it.
Platy improved his scoreboard and I adapted it a little better.

- Vassals with silver start below Masters
- 2 more added buttons to adjust scoreboard width to display more/less details
- Ashikaga always on top, showing nothing but religion icon
- Can still Shift-Click to find Players' capital
- etc

Unzip inside the mods folder.

I never find myself defendin... I'm always on the offense

Just took the laptop on a week away and since I was up at 4AM everyday while the family slept until 7-8, I played a game of Sengoku Mod (the only mod I've played for C4 besides FFH2 and RFC Vanilla). Wow! Amazing mod :goodjob:

• I'm usually a builder but became a consummate warrior :devil:, just like Royal Tenenbaum was always on the offensive. Led the Nagao -> Uesugi clan to dominate all of eastern and northern Honshu and Hokkaido before using a pincer move on Azai/Tokugawa and then Kyoto to banish the shogun (by that time my legitimacy was >150%). I was really never on the defensive (except for silly Date, Nanbu, etc who tried to hold out and attack, and of course after getting Sundered Realm). I just read about the history of the Uesugi clan and their famous feud of Uesugi Kenshin versus Takeda Shingen...Takeda was a my first casualty. I had intended to get the independent city SW of my capital but Takeda looked at me funny and had his cities relatively undefended, so his empire became the core of mine.
  • Love the soundtrack.
  • Diplo is great separating out military and trade access. No one ever wanted to exchange hostages with me though.
  • The permanent forests was annoying at first (considering I had all cities build workers first...which worked out in the end with all the pillaging bandits)... but I liked the forest preservation in the context of this mod. Maybe chop a few forests and build a few roads but overall nicely played here.
  • Likewise the huge granary storage requirements = slow city growth also was nice for this mod, where it was a challenge to get to size 6 for a castle-town, forgetting about all the -25% food events I got from a poor harvest.
  • Generals/retainer system was excellently implemented.
  • SuperForts mod
  • Promotions - a lot of work was put into this by ED and it was very enjoyable from gameplay.

I spent about 20 hours on one game (medium difficulty). I think I might try again, not sure of which clan but since I was in the north/central region I might try a southwestern clan to have more influence with foreign trade and Christianity.

Kudos, ED on a superb mod.

Interturn CTD May 1570 playing as Miyoshi, Daimyo level.
I apparently don't have Ctrl-Z debug mode on - that's the only info I found searching the forum.
Save attached (but at 2.03 MB exceeds forum limit of 2.00 MB for a save so zipped)

Attachments

• Miyoshi Chokei AD-1570-May.zip
    1.5 MB · Views: 148
Interturn CTD

Using WB and putting all warring factions at peace allowed the interturn to pass. Couldn't narrow it down further (needed Mori, Imagawa, Hojo, and Tokugawa I think all to have all their wars cancelled). And I could never get the interturn to pass but one time despite putting everyone at peace. weird.
/guess this mod is not too active but maybe this will help someone in the future

Is there anyway to prevent rebel spawn? It's annoying to not be able to conquer in the early game because I need my forces to kill rebels

This mod is awesome! Almost finished with my first game, and it has worked without a hitch. To all those who are looking at this wondering if they should download it, I say Yes! This is a very entertaining, and also a very thoughtfully made mod.:hatsoff:

So this Mod looks awesome! Unfortunately, after I download the zip file, extracted it, and placed it in the BtS Mod folder, and launched the mod from the Load Mods screen, I got these messages:

XML Load Error

Failed Loading XML file xml\text\civ4gametext_aiautoplay.xml.[/AspyrBuild/depot/Civ4/Source BTS/Win/FirePlae/FireWorks/Win32/FXml.cpp:140]
Error Parsing XML File -

File: xml\text\civ4gametext_aiautoplay.xml
Reason: (null)
Line: 0, 0
Source: (null)

And this one:

LoadXML call failed for xml\text\civ4gametext_aiautoplay.xml.
Current XML file is: xml\text\civ4gametext_sengoku_names.xml

Does anyone know what I should do? I got the game through Steam and I have a Mac. The game goes through to the loading screen for the Mod and lets me select the scenario/faction/balance but then crashes right after the loading screen.

Thank you

I am not sure what you can do about this error, but this mod is no longer being actively developed (sadly), and the creator is no longer around to help. :( However if I come up with a solution I will let you know.

Thanks. It seems like the issue is only with this one file. I checked the file within the folder and tried to recreate it by just taking the text and making a new file but that didn't help. I'm trying to figure out what file calls the file that's having issues to see if there's a problem there instead. I haven't found it yet.

Well for starters you can have a look at my copy of the file and see if there is any difference. Remember that this in a text format so it can't be used as is. Also I added some notes at the top that are not necessary to be ported over to the XML file.

Attachments

• CIV4GameText_AIAutoPlay.txt
    8.5 KB · Views: 110
The file is the same and I still get the same error. Do you have any idea which file calls that one up?

Ok so I fixed the issue with the XML errors. Apparently the file was missing the encryption tag. Still, though, I can't play the mod because it crashes after choosing a faction.

Ok that was the next thing I was thinking of. I'll try it on parallels with the windows version then. Thanks

Ok loaded the mod on parallels and it works perfectly. Thanks for all of your help guys.

I know this mod isn't being worked on anymore, but how come I crash the moment the game loads? ( It passes the loading screen but doesn't go any further then that )

Top Bottom