SevoMod 3

Dzhel said:
heh, no worries. Just venting a small bit since insomnia's got a hold of me & I was kidding anyways. :D

Gotta love the free services, they make the world a better place. I can't wait to go to work in 3.5 hours. Sleep, why do you deny me?! :crazyeye:

Or: I'm too tire to be an insomniac. lol

File Not Found

We're sorry, but the file or directory you requested could not be found.

Chances are that the URL you used to get to 3D Downloads was incorrect or old, and that the file you wanted has moved or was deleted.

how big is that file? (sevomod.exe)

and

a BIG thank you to sevo (and to the developer of the org. mods) ! for this nice work...

Can't believe how good this mod is! It just kills me that it crashes everytime i play it!
The game gets to about the 30th turn and then it says "199 added to.....(a city name). as soon as this happens i get the "waiting for person" message. The game just sits there forever with the little egg timer going round and round.
Any ideas?

I get it a lot, without the 199.. on much higher turn count.
So I save often and load two or three turns back.
Loading the last turn doesn't help.

Its all about how many units I can produce and not how many I can maintain.

Solution: Increase maintenance cost for late era units, like stealth bombers for one, IRL there to expansive really! And only US can afford buy them (But other nations will not get to buy it even if they could afford it)

Now I’m just massing air units and tanks to overrun the enemy. That feels kind of "cheap". Airpower in large stacks is a game breaker!

Solution: Can there be a limit on the amount of Air units in each city?

Keldath
I think so. I just downloaded it. coundn't find any others so i assume it is the newest

yep.
the mod works well and looks really good...up to the point when is says 119 added. it kept happening with the scottish city so i kept them out of my last game - same thing happened just with a turkish city!
aaahhhh

Has anyone, other than Sertorius, downloaded Sevomod 2.9z (file of 10th of May 2006)?

I'm still getting that annoying :twitch: "file's not here, nope, just looked, still not here".

Really would like to try it out. :drool:

Anybody out there? :cry:

Sertorius,

I think you probably have a copy of the 2.90 version of the mod, which was pulled to make way for 2.9z, which is still in internet limbo. The reason your game keeps crashing (the "119 added" is a giveway [see first pages of this thread]) is that you had to download a patch (2.9e) along with 2.90 to overwrite it and make it work correctly. I'd suggest holding on a few hours (?) and starting over from scratch when the 2.9z comes out.

edit: Yeah, if you downloaded "http://www.3ddownloads.com/Strategy/Civilization%204/Mods/SevoMod/Sevomod.7z" that is the old, initial, buggy version. Unfortunately for your next few hours, the patch 2.9e is not located on that server.

AAAARGH !!!!

We're sorry, but the file or directory you requested could not be found.

AAAAAAAARGH!!!!

Chances are that the URL you used to get to 3D Downloads was incorrect or old, and that the file you wanted has moved or was deleted.

AAAAAAAARGH!!!!!

SEVOOOOOOOOO!!!!:cry:

Pilotis said:
AAAAAAAARGH!!!!!

SEVOOOOOOOOO!!!!:cry:

alancsilver said:
Sevo,
how big is the mod? I may have a place you can upload to that I can then serve up......al

I KNOW! I KNOW! What the crap!?! I uploaded the frellin thing two days ago and it was approved. Initially the file link didn't work so I assumed it was some delay issue in the server or something, but still nothing. There's no easy way to contact 3dDownloads, so I'm going to re-upload the file to a couple of locations this morning (I was at work the last 24 hours so I couldn't do much...sorry).

I'm hitting 3dDownloads with another copy as well as an email asking for help on the first, but they have 24 and 48 hour turnarounds, resp., for each. They do have the fastest downloads, though, and this file is now 200mb, so that's going to be important for everyone!

But as a backup I'll upload to FileFront as well. :mad: They're slow, they're down about 75% of the time, but at least it will put another copy out there in the ether.

AlanCSilver has been generous in the past and mirrored the file on his server; @alancsilver: if you can download one of the versions and mirror it that would be awesome.

Sertorius said:
Can't believe how good this mod is! It just kills me that it crashes everytime i play it!
The game gets to about the 30th turn and then it says "199 added to.....(a city name). as soon as this happens i get the "waiting for person" message. The game just sits there forever with the little egg timer going round and round.
Any ideas?

Yeah--you guys are definitely playing with the old, unpatched version. Delete it and download the new one! ('course, with the file serving problems that's easier said than done!...)

Drogear said:
Would it be possible to ad certain graphics to certain promotions?

Say I have a promotion that grants desert fighting abilities for my modern armour. Would it be possible to link that promotion to a change in the units graphics into a desert camo?

Yes...might be a pain the butt with Python alone, but you could do it with the SDK. It would require a pretty good size graphics library, tho...imagine how many reskins you'd need for all promotions x all units!

rflagg said:
Sevo,

Absolutely love the mod, works great in MP!!

Might sound like a silly question, but here goes:

Soldier units required to capture cities, mounted and armor units can't do it? I can see the 'realism' aspect, but I'm worried it'll take away a part of the 'fun' aspect - just kind of curious how this has been in testing or what others think of this. Otherwise wonderful!!

-m.

Well, I don't know for certain, but I'm guessing after a little adjustment it won't be bad. In earlier eras it won't be a big deal; cities are usually captured with Axemen and Swordsmen, Rifelmen, etc. If you're lucky enough to have knights/cavalry, you can still kill every unit in the city with them; you just have to be sure to bring along ONE infantry unit (you could use that warrior you built in 3020 BC that's been guarding your capital for the last two-thousand years--he's not doing anything) to capture the city. After that he can leave and your knights can hold the city.

I think it's really not going to be all that oppressive a change, but it will require just a bit more forethought and involve the infantry more in the game. Like I said, I'd like to shift the focus further, but one thing at a time.

sniperm13 said:
I swear that sounds just like HALO ^_^.

Yeah...weird coincidence.:mischief:

(I wondered when someone would recognize it...I do love me some HALO...:sniper:)

So where do i find the good version? can someone write up thelink again so we don't download the wrong one again
cheers for all your help

Sertorius said:
So where do i find the good version? can someone write up thelink again so we don't download the wrong one again
cheers for all your help

File is (finally) available on 3dDownloads.

Sevomod-2.9z

:goodjob:

:) :D :) :eek: :lol: :goodjob:
YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
3D download link now working !!!!!!

now downloading !!!!

Sevo said:
File is (finally) available on 3dDownloads.

Sevomod-2.9z

:goodjob:

Thanks for the mod update Sevo - look forward to taking her home for the weekend and enjoying some quality one on one time together. ;)

It looked like the download started (after only 6 minutes wait, that's fair).
However I didn't get it, and now the link gives me an apache tomcat errormsg...

HTTP Status 406 -

type Status report

description The resource identified by this request is only capable of generating responses with characteristics not acceptable according to the request "accept" headers ().
Apache Tomcat/5.0.28

Uhm. Help?

Guess we brought the server down, or is it just my end?
:eek:

Ok, nevermind! For all those that get this message: it means the download has started and will finish, but you just tried to start the download a second time, and that's the problem :rolleyes:

Anyway: Are there plans for:
- Range 3 cities?
I guess this might be a bit niche, but on bigger maps this makes for a far more playable game. This is the link:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=169847
At this moment the mods can be used together (although I must still check 2.9z), but as soon as you start using the SDK it might not be anymore...

- New resources?
I'd love new resources! Think of:
- Boabap (luxury, as in tropical hardwood. Or perhaps strategic)
- Chickens (food resource. In modern times perhaps unhealthy for cities right next to the resource)
- Clear Spring (food resource, as it increases health. In later times adds trade)
- Cotton (luxury for temperate regions, requires plantation)
- Crystal (luxury, needs mine)
- Dodo's (food resource. It went distinct *because* it was a really good food resource...)
- Geyser (food resource as it increases health. Perhaps good for a geothermal world wonder in later times?)
- High Oaks (Really good for boats and siege engines. Perhaps strategic for the better/bigger ships and for trebuchets?)
- Natural Gas (well, we've got coal and oil...)
- Papaya (I don't like it the 'farm' type food resources are predominantly temparate and the 'plantation' type foods are mostly tropical. This could be a tropical resource gained with a farm.
- Pineapple (Same as papaya)
- Reefs (luxury)
- Rubber (Civ3 had it, and it makes for a good strategic resource in tropical areas)
- Salt (food resource, see civmore for example)
- Seaweed (food resource)
- Strawberry (food resource, needs plantation in temperate areas)
- Sulpher (strategic, for the earliest gunpowder units and the artillery wonder)
- Tobacco (luxury resource, needs farms as indigenous peoples used tobacco before being 'discovered')
- Tomato (food resource, needs plantation in temperate areas)

Ah well, just shooting off some ideas...

Top Bottom