SevoMod 3

Sevo said:
A few minutes, as it turns out.

I finally understand what's going on. If there's a SINGLE text info in the entire /XML/Text/ directory that doesn't have all the languages they become unavailable. When I added CivGold the Brazilians had only <english> tags, so english became the only available option.

I've uploaded a patch to fix this and it seems to be working here. D/L & install the patch and let me know if this fixes it up for you.

No, I'm afraid there is some more missing. You have some more minutes then.

EDIT:
I found out that some files (e.g.Sevomod_techchanges.xml) have also tags for russian, japanese and chinese, while most files only have English, French, German, Italian, and Spanish.
Could that be the problem?
The Civilization4.ini only mentions the five languages, however.

hey sevo, or anyone with a mac, or general mac knowledge, tell me exactly how i would go about installing this? i do have a pc to work from, my cousin is the one with a mac and i'd like to play this mod with him on multiplayer instead of just the vanilla version of civ4 (which sucks compared to sevo mod). thanks for any help in advance.

-blisk

Titule said:
No, I'm afraid there is some more missing. You have some more minutes then.

EDIT:
I found out that some files (e.g.Sevomod_techchanges.xml) have also tags for russian, japanese and chinese, while most files only have English, French, German, Italian, and Spanish.
Could that be the problem?
The Civilization4.ini only mentions the five languages, however.
As far as I can tell, as long as there are translations for Russian, Japanese, Chinese for all the tags, there shouldn't be any problem. However, should you choose any language for which one tag is missing, the whole mod would be screwed up.
In your case (German I believe), I think some lines are not translated (mostly for leaders if I remember correctly), which is the reason for the problem.

Hi Sevo,

Long time lurker here, I've been following your mod since it's infancy. Great stuff, thanks so much for making mine and others gaming a better experience. Anyways, I'm really enjoying the new version and wanted to point out a couple of oddiities I noticed.

1) If I'm not mistaken, Kamehameha should have the Seafaring (More) promotion in addition to the Seafaring promotion.

2) Ukranian Empire and Vietmanese Empire are swapped (out of alphabetical order) on the main civilization select screen. I know this is minor, but thought you would want to know for consistiencies sake.

Again, thanks for your efforts!

ripple01

ripple01 said:
Hi Sevo,

Long time lurker here, I've been following your mod since it's infancy. Great stuff, thanks so much for making mine and others gaming a better experience. Anyways, I'm really enjoying the new version and wanted to point out a couple of oddiities I noticed.

1) If I'm not mistaken, Kamehameha should have the Seafaring (More) promotion in addition to the Seafaring promotion.

2) Ukranian Empire and Vietmanese Empire are swapped (out of alphabetical order) on the main civilization select screen. I know this is minor, but thought you would want to know for consistiencies sake.

Again, thanks for your efforts!

ripple01

Right you are. I'll fix both.

darkedone02 said:
hey Sevo, where did you get the theme song from?

The theme song is called "Inama Nushif"; it's from the Children of Dune soundtrack by Brian Tyler and one of my favorite songs. Actually, the whole soundtrack is great--it seems to make the deserert all the more...epic.

@German speaking fans: I don't know what's up--might be another file missing some texts.

Wait a minute...

Got it. It just occured to me: you have to delete another file. It got left in on accident...um...I'll fix it with a patch. Download patch B! (Available in a few minutes...)

Unfortunately not.
It doesn't works even patch b installed.
Understands right? Problem is that XML schema validation results that there isn't any text when the language tags incompatible?

Sevo said:
@German speaking fans: I don't know what's up--might be another file missing some texts.

Wait a minute...

Got it. It just occured to me: you have to delete another file. It got left in on accident...um...I'll fix it with a patch. Download patch B! (Available in a few minutes...)

No. Try again. As long as there are characters left, we have hope.

I'm not that expert for XML, but isn't it possible to define a schema (XSD) and have a XML-parser check the file? I mean it is hard to check all entries in all files manually...

:mad: drat.

Time passes...:hammer: :whipped:

Okay--Now I'm convinced I got it. I switched to German text on my system and didn't have any either. I found ONE more tag I had missed in the brazil file and fixed it, and now I have german working.

Patch C will fix it. For real. Really.

Sevo said:
:mad: drat.

Time passes...:hammer: :whipped:

Okay--Now I'm convinced I got it. I switched to German text on my system and didn't have any either. I found ONE more tag I had missed in the brazil file and fixed it, and now I have german working.

Patch C will fix it. For real. Really.

You're really right. It's working (at least at the first screen :D )
Thank you very much,:king: .

darkedone02 said:
I have found a bug! Somehow my holy city and other holy citys are being removed. I don't know what's causing this and my holy city did not have any other religion in that city, can you fix that bug for me please.

Is anyone else seeing this? That's really odd. What happens? What do you mean "removed?"

Sounds like he's confused your mod for total realism.....
Which has that feature, unused holy city's loose there holiness and the holy city moves after a 10 turn lapse..

Then again it could be a legit bug, played 3.1 no patch using the 18 civ original earth map and did not see this bug...

no, i played his game, somehow my holy city have been removed and it's no longer a holy city, i have no holy city and i cannot use my great priest to use him to make them unique religion buildings (church of the navity, the Dio Miao, etc.) I don't know why this is happening, no other religion have been spread on my holy city place. this also happen to my AI was well.

Hey, Sevo!
Thanx a lot for adding Brazil!!! You are the reason why many of us are still playing civ. One question: when I extracted your mod I noticed that there was a rar folder inside it. What do I do with it?

i don't get a pop up at anything about losting my holy city at all, it's somehow disappear, no holy city, and i was playing your mod, i was playing Iroquious as well.

oh, and that's patch B, not C on the download, and i also got a bandwidth exceeded on that one too.

Top Bottom