Sevomod: Support & Bug Reports

Sevo

Leaf on the Wind
Troubleshooting and Bug Reports

Please post all of your questions and requests for help in this thread and myself or one of the many civfans will help sort things out. Please be sure you've read all of the installation instructions and troubleshooting in the main download thread, as many of the frequently encountered problems are addressed there.

Also, please report bugs in this thread and I'll attempt fixes as quickly as I can get to them.

Please note! Because of the variety of add-ons for Sevomod, I can only offer support on the main mod. If you've installed any of the other add-ons please direct your questions to the modders in their threads!

Current Known Bugs:

1) Multiplayer LAN problem -- Sevomod games aren't appearing to one another over LANs. I've been working on this one and don't have much to show for it. Help for anyone with suggestions in this area is appreciated.

2) Stack Attack: Attacking with large stacks of units is often causing a crash to disk. I'm sure the problem is with my incorporation of Dale's combat mod. Until I get it fixed you'll have to attack one unit at a time. :p

edit: It seems this only freezes when you lose the battle and/or when you attack with a stack of identical units.​

Near top in thread 1 of installation forum, Post 2 refers to add-ons, but I find no references to add-ons in post 2.

For ease of follow-up, I will continue the bugs list with the last number used by Sevo (PDBEL's post is not actually a bug report).

3) Militant: the TXT_KEY_MILITANT_STRATEGY tag is missing (I added it in Civics_Change.xml, but only typed "militant" - details about their strengths and weaknesses should be included.)

4) Great Wall: instead of the expected explanations, the text "TXT_KEY_BUILDING_GREATWALL_STRATEGY" shows up when you choose the tech leading to this wonder (I believe it's masonry). I don't think it is a bug I created with the translated XML files (I should be more affirmative tomorrow).

I suffered my first freeze when initiating a stack attack - to the best of my memory this is the first time I used all Chariots when attacking. It has never happened before, when I used all kinds of combinations to attack. I noted I also lost that Chariot attack. I'm sure I must have lost a stack attack with mixed units, but it has never frozen before. And yes, this was a freeze, not a CTD...

The savegame should be attached - I intiated a war with Rome and attacked the city immediately to the left of my capital. I just played the savegame and attacked with the two cataphract in range, same result. They both died, game froze...

Sevo,
I have been a long time Sevomod user. Your MOD is just plain great! I just recently loaded GIR's add-on on top of yours. This enhances my Civ4 experience even more. I was just curious if you recommend any other add-ons/MODs that you have seen/used that aren't in your MOD? For the time being, I can't see how it could get any better with Sevomod 3.2D and GIR's add-on 3.2a loaded and working (I followed GIR's recommendations to have his version work with your latest version). If you have any other suggestions please let me/us know. Any information would be appreciated.

Thanks so much for all of your hard work!

When you change to Free Religion it does not change your religion to no state religion, I suspect this has something to do with the Legal Civics that also work off of the state religion, not sure if this is intended or not.

sidwannabe said:
I suffered my first freeze when initiating a stack attack - to the best of my memory this is the first time I used all Chariots when attacking. It has never happened before, when I used all kinds of combinations to attack. I noted I also lost that Chariot attack. I'm sure I must have lost a stack attack with mixed units, but it has never frozen before. And yes, this was a freeze, not a CTD...

The savegame should be attached - I intiated a war with Rome and attacked the city immediately to the left of my capital. I just played the savegame and attacked with the two cataphract in range, same result. They both died, game froze...

Same happened to me, and believe, it was a CTD, if you waited 15-30min you would know that :) And this problem is already known by him and its even in the list of known bugs ^^

hey sevo!

bout the stack attack - disable the option completley from your mod - its no good, trust me.

and bout the lan,

well this problem can only be solved, if you remove all options changed in your 3.1 patch c, then youll be able to see the problem.
cause there wasnt any prob with 3.1b

PDBEL said:
Near top in thread 1 of installation forum, Post 2 refers to add-ons, but I find no references to add-ons in post 2.

Actually, do several of the links refer to the old forum? Some just go to a post that says "You're silly!". Now as :lol: as this is, maybe it should link to the lower post in the new installation thread?

I have not installed anything since 3.0, so after I install 3.2, do I just have to install patch D, does this patches include A-C? Thanks Sevo!

Can't wait for the warlords conversion.

Awesome idea on the WinAmp support! Love it :goodjob:!

5) AI_DIPLO_FIRST_CONTACT_LEADER_NAMPOINA_1 shows up when you first meet the Malagasy civ. I found out there's no such tag in Civ2GoldDiplomacy.xml (and since there's this bug, I'm quite sure it's not in any other XML file).

I got a "cant find slave text blablabla" msg 1 time when I won a battle..Never happened before or after it and the slave was there anyway, so minor bug, but weird :p

I have encountered a problem not with installation but once installed and showing that it is installed does not display the expanded civs,leaderheads etc just the vanilla 1.61 civIV

I have installed into the main civ folder cleared the cache but still to no avail.

This is such a great mod to the original and I am so frustrated that i cannot play it.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Titi said:
4) Great Wall: instead of the expected explanations, the text "TXT_KEY_BUILDING_GREATWALL_STRATEGY" shows up when you choose the tech leading to this wonder (I believe it's masonry). I don't think it is a bug I created with the translated XML files (I should be more affirmative tomorrow).
The correct tag is actually "TXT_KEY_GREATWALL_STRATEGY", and it's got nothing to do with any translation: it's just missing in the XML files!

As everybody knows it is cool and feels more like home, using the colours of your homeland. .

So I tried to insert custom colours in the flag that my units are carrying.
This is what I did:
In Sevomod\Assets\Art\Interface\Buttons\Civilizations
1) I replaced an optional civ’s FlagDECAL_civname.dds with my own color flag .dds file, renaming it as the original civ’s file.
2) edited the file XML Civilization art infos.xml, changing this: <bWhiteFlag>1</bWhiteFlag>

I got partly my desired flag colours, but also the original country’s colours blended with it. :cry: How is it possible to get pure colours in the flag?

Second question, what do the buttons in civilization_sevomod_atlas.dds do, and why isn’t there a button for all the civs that are included?

Best greetings
KK :king:

Thankyou, thankyou. In this my first foray into publishing kid's books, I hereby contain a snapshot of my first book, "My First Ever.... Bug Report".

(From 3.2d)

1) Cruise Tac Nukes can be built before Manhattan is built.
2) AEGIS Cruisers don't seem to be able to range bombard.
3) When a Civ adopts Free Religion, they still have a State Religion, and still have the same hearty dislike for anyone who's state religion isn't the same as theirs...

That's all for now folks... Stay tuned for more previews for Uncle Anton Publishing's new children's books such as "The Popup Book of Human Anatomy", "Let's Draw Betty and Veronica without their clothes on", and "Clifford the Big Red Dog eats his owners and is put to sleep".

:goodjob:

Doobzski said:
I have encountered a problem not with installation but once installed and showing that it is installed does not display the expanded civs,leaderheads etc just the vanilla 1.61 civIV

I have installed into the main civ folder cleared the cache but still to no avail.

This is such a great mod to the original and I am so frustrated that i cannot play it.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

I noticed that GIR's add-on wasn't recognized by Sevomod 3.2d, and found that there was a ) that had nothing to do in line 112 of GlobalDefinesAlt.xml, in ..\Sevomod\Assets\XML. Removing it solved the problem!

I'm not sure if you've got the same error in the file, and if yes if removing the ) would be enough to fix it. But I thought I should let you know, just in case...

Uncle Anton said:
3) When a Civ adopts Free Religion, they still have a State Religion, and still have the same hearty dislike for anyone who's state religion isn't the same as theirs...

I see I am not the only one to encounter this. I can't think of any way to get them to adopt no state religion, can anyone provide some assistance?

Other than that, this MOD totally whips the llamas ass! Keep up the good work Sevo and crew.

i am curently playing with sevomod 3.2c and gir for that version, what happens is that eve tough i can trade tech in diplomacy advisor and in diplomacy dialoges there are no tech available...cant figure out the problem
any toughts? tnx

Top Bottom