Alright, here we go:

Turn 0:
Send tank to ther continent via airfield
send two transports and destroyer to southern coast

IBT:
Russians head back to Russia
Mongol Guerilla shows up outside Orenburg

Turn 1:
Mongol Guerilla is bombarder down, and executed by one of the newly-arrived tanks
Position tanks for ssualt on Ottoman Swazi, the last AI city on our continent

IBT:
Tank left exposed witholds to Mongol cavalry, becomes elite
Yekaterinburg flips

Turn 2:
Constantinople The Internet>United Nations
Two tank armies blow up seven riflemen in Karakorum, and capture it.
Cavalry army kills one rifleman and dies to the second at Kazan
Elite tanks is redlined by crusader on a hill outside Almarikh

I inform Osman of the Ottomans that Swazi is rightfully ours. He rejects, and since I feel bad
declaring war on a friend, I insult him until he is furious.
Tanks is redlined killing elite rifleman, and Swazi, along with the entirety of our continent, is
ours

We are at 50% land and 67% population, so I'm not concerned about domination

Tanks army outside Ta-Tu kills two riflemen and a guerilla, and a cavalry army kills a conscript,
taking Ta-Tu

Never mind! russian Kazan' is still outstanding.

For the record, on top of owning our entire continent, I have made every wonder in the world a
personal goal. Knight's Templar in Mongol Kazan and Leonardo's Workshop in Istanbul remain.
My hope is that Mongolia will take Istanbul and give it to me for peace after Kazan has fallen

IBT:
Russia DoWs Ottomans
Mongolia puts some units near Ta-Tu

Turn 3:
Rocketry>Genetics
Unload 5 tanks outside Dalanzadgad
After extensive naval bombardment, Dalandzadgad falls

Since it seems victory will come next turn, I DoW Russia
Kazan' Infantry retreats one tank but succumbs to the next.

Now we actually own our entire continent.

Turn luxury slider up to 100%

Hit end Turn...

IBT:

Get to watch a bunch of cities enter WLTKD
Russia invades with some infantry
Mongolia captures some exposed workers

And...

Turn 4:

Coming from Miss Inquisition!

And because it ain't over 'til the caveman whacks the button:

Final score was 3551, and the final save is attached, if anyone can manage a double-Kazan turn.

It was a pleasure, everyone. Everyone should feel good about the win.

Attachments

• Victory.jpg
    Victory.jpg
    423.3 KB · Views: 369
  • Victory2.jpg
    Victory2.jpg
    327.8 KB · Views: 377
  • Victory3.jpg
    Victory3.jpg
    315.8 KB · Views: 409
  • Victory4.jpg
    Victory4.jpg
    370.2 KB · Views: 400
  • SGFN-09_1570AD.SAV
    220.1 KB · Views: 171
Great job, everyone! Not a bad score for a Monarch level game. When I get back into Civ3, maybe we'll do something different, maybe an AWE on a 60% ocean pangaea with a rarely used tribe for military games. The goal would be 1000 AD victory. England might be a good challenge, Aztecs maybe too easy. If anyone is interested, I think we could start within a few weeks.

First off, way to go for finishing the game off after I left CFC for a few months! :goodjob:

I'd be interested in an AWE game, but a Science victory could also be interesting as I haven't had one in a while (people keep declaring, I keep killing).

Huzzah! Good game everyone! My favourite part was the bloody rampage at the end with the aim of winning maybe a couple of turns early. And it seemed that my economic stimulus package to build airfields in Greece did the trick, we finished with a 95% approval rating.

Oh, that's where all those airfields came from? I was wondering why we had way more airfields there than we could have possibly used. I'm still dissapointed that I didn't get my double-Kazan turn (Kazan, Mongolia; and Russian Kazan' on our continent), but it probably could have been done were it not for my apparently needless evacuation of the main worker stack to former Aztec lands.

I am also dissapointed that I failed in my quest to own every wonder, as there was still the Knight's Templar in Kazan and Leonardo's Workshop in Istanbul, but I guess that couldn't be helped, unless Mongolia had gotten to Istanbul.

The airfields were to get the workers to Aztec lands for railroading to speed up our rampage.

Bowsling, you could have rushed some transports in Old Zulu-land for an amphibious invasion...

Also: Now it's time to rename the capital to Istanbul. Why'd they change it? I don't know.

Well, Kazan was simple enough -- there were two Cav Armies fortified in nearby cities that could do the job. That said, I can see that Istanbul would have been more of a problem. I think the solution would have been to land at Uskadar on the second turn, take the city, and route transports through the city to land at Istanbul. It would have been close.

Only one...he was elite, and he gave the army kind of a beating, but he fell eventually.

:eek: at the rifleman killing a Cav army! That doesn't usually happen unless you attack with a half-strength army :(

Top Bottom