OK, I am done. Here is the log of my turnset:
685 BC: Open Borders with Khan, Moved Chariot to Uppsala, El Dorado Settler Chop completed – sent worker to mine gems at Uppsala, moved Work Boat west
670 BC: Sent worker to pre chop pyramids, work boat kept moving but found nothing interesting
655 BC: Worker started mining gems, work boat kept moving but found nothing of interest, chariot found Khan cultural border 4 squares south of Uppsala
640 BC: Moved Work Boat west. Found Old Sarai guarded by 2 archers, plus another land mass with an intact goody hut. Moved Chariot south and found New Sara guarded by 1 archer. Moved Nidaros citizen from corn to hill to slow down growth and get more hammers for Pyramids.
625 BC: Settler completed in El Dorado Sala. Started Spearman (10 turns). Moved Settler north with Axeman from Nidaros. Moved Work Boat north and found some stone in Khan’s land. Moved Warrior south, found Chehalis guarded by 2 archers.
IBT: Advisor suggests Library in El Dorado Sala
610 BC: Moved Settler/Archer north. Moved Chariot south, found Karakorum on river hill guarded by three archers with horses connected. Moved Work Boat north, found Khan’s trireme. Sorry – worker finished chopping forests for Nidaros! I forgot to turn it off last turn.
595 BC: Spotted Barbarian Axe sitting on iron to North. Sent our axe ahead without settler, just in case. Hmmm, we need our Chariot back. Chariot and Work Boat found nothing this turn.
IBT: Uppsala grows to size 4.
580 BC: Work Boat completed navigation of Mongolia. Decided to send back south to new land rather than risk destruction at hands of misunderstanding Indians.
IBT: The Oracle has been built in a far away land
565 BC: Moved Work Boat south and Chariot back north. Moved El Dorado Sala warrior to Nidaros and Nidaros warrior (still unpromoted) to Settler in case Barbarian axe comes pillaging. Moved Nidaros citizen back to corn. Nidaros now to grow in 7 turns and Pyramids to come in 21.
550 BC: Barbarian axe and archer in north move toward our axe on a hill. Gem mine completed, started road to link it to empire.
IBT: Our axeman survived attack from Barbarian Axe and Archer. We discovered Mathematics.
535 BC: Started research of construction (17 turns). Alphabet was 14 turns.
520 BC: Uppsala completes library. Started production of barracks (5 turns). Workers sent to chop forests north of Nidaros. Spotted a Barbarian city 3 squares north of proposed city site.
505 BC: Spearman completed in El Dorado Sala (left unpromoted). Started work on another one. Forest chopped by Nidaros. Pyramids now 14 turns away.
490 BC: Warrior found fish in sea but too far from any iron city sites. Founded Iron Sheep on iron hill. Set to build Library (45 turns) Fortified axe in Iron Sheep.
475 BC: Clearing forest gave 44 hammers to Nidaros.
460 BC: Work Boat discovers new civilisation to the west, but don’t seem to be able to make contact. Nidaros grows to size 7.
445 BC: Barracks completed in Uppsala. Started Axeman. Western warrior sights an Indian swordsman.
430 BC: El Dorado Sala grows to size 6. Western warrior sees Bombay, guarded by one archer and one spearman. Worker starts chopping a forest for Iron Sheep.
IBT: James Cook is born in a far away land
415 BC: Clearing forest created 36 hammers for Nidaros. Worker build road to Iron Sheep. Exploring units find nothing interesting.
400 BC: Uppsala grows to size 5 and borders expand. Worker started farm for Iron Sheep. 6 turns to Construction. 2 turns to Pyramids.
Summary of key points to take forward:
1) We explored Mongolia looking for Khan's Weapons of Mass Destruction. We didn't find anything (other than Archers and a Trireme), but we know he has them so, godammit, we are morally bound to bomb him to the Abyss before he uses them.
2) We found the traces of an orange or red civilisation to the west but could not make contact.
3) We are 6 turns away from Construction, running at 80% science for +1 gold
4) Pyramids are 2 turns away. Hope my illtimed chopping does not cause us to miss by 1 turn.
5) We now have 4 cities to Khan's 7. Khan has no copper hooked up, but he does have lots of sheep.
6) There is plenty of work for our 3 workers as our cities have grown to be working some unimproved tiles.
7) The issue of the Barbarian city to the North to be dealt with.
8) We need to decide what to do with our work boat next.
9) We built a barracks and a spearman in that turnset and lost no units. Another spearman and an axeman are on their way.
This game is loads of fun and is at a fascinating stage. The floor is now yours, Thrallia.