SGOTM 04 - Geezers

The knightmare is over I would say. :lol:

Nevertheless it was great to play with all of you. Good discussions. :goodjob:

I know mark, I just wanted to let you all know that it wasn't an easy decision to make, and truthfully...I didn't realize when I made that decision that the game didn't start until July 19th lol

Glad to see that there'll be some good competion with you guys at least :)

Despite the late-game drag, this was a great game, and if we had been playing to win, I think we would have had a pretty good launch time! :goodjob: Great discussions everyone! I'll try to get that promised spoiler done still...I've got lots of schoolwork to get done by Tuesday, but after that I should be able to put the finishing touches on it and show it to all of you here.

I can't face reading through everyone else's threads. Can someone tell me what they already have found out about the other teams' performances?

CRC got Gandhi to launch in 1891AD, Murky Waters got him to launch in the early 1900s.

CDZ gave up, and as far as I can tell, no one else is done.

1947 I think for Murky Waters.

That's relatively early 1900s isn't it ;)

Well done Geezers - you managed to get an earlier launch date than we did.......

Looks like you won't be getting the Bacon Laurels this time tho' - good luck in SGOTM5 (at least those of you who are staying Geezers.... :p

Surely there is a prize for having Hannibal launch. He's a bit like Gandhi, isn't he? Marching all those elephants over the Alps is pretty Indian thing to do.

Well done, Geezers, i just thought that you really outplayed strong Murky Waters team (according to Big Pig's last message :) ). Seems Gandhi wasn't good boy this time as he always is. We just captured Hannibal second (realized how beautiful his lands:) ), right after Khan.

Well, good luck next time and see you in SGOTM5.

Team Updates:
Real Ms. Beyond has quit as well

VQ just had Gandhi build the Apollo Program, but Brennus is only 4 parts away from launching and is about as powerful as Hannibal was in our game

Smurkz is in the late 1400s and hasn't eliminated the Mongols:???: And is losing a military campaign against Mongolian Cavalry/Rifles.

Fifth Element has a Gandhi that is actually competing in the Space Race, but Hannibal is winning it right now...they also didn't get rid of Khan.

Trash Team somehow managed to get Brennus vassalled to Gandhi. They took out Washington, Izzy, and Hannibal. Then gave up some of Hannibal's land to Gandhi(I think accidently). Gandhi is building stuff for them, but it appears they are more worried about him winning a Time Victory because he's researching so slowly. They are at 1965 and he has the 3 most expensive parts to research toward still.

XTeam got Gandhi to build the Apollo Program in 1991AD, but he won't have enough time to research/build all the parts for them.

3rd place might go to whoever got Gandhi to build the Apollo Program fastest of those who didn't have him launch.

As I already mentioned earlier on we made the mistake going for Brennus instead going from South to North on the other continent. It was quite a pity that Hannibal vassalized Washington that early in our game, so we would have faced Gandhi on our direct Westside and two enemies on the other continent.

Congrats to the teams that met the objective. :hatsoff:

Yes...its also a pity that Hannibal didn't make a culture bridge to our continent, delaying our contact with them and removing our ability to jump over there faster than he coulda vassalized Washington.

I must also say that the teams that got Gandhi to build the Apollo Program, and even moreso the ones that got him to launch, did an excellent job.

I think we would have been on a good way, too if we would have warred differently. Maybe not winning the competition, but meeting the objective. We made the right decision going for Khan early on, but then we missed the momentum, although I think it would have been tough to turn on Hannibal and Washington being Hanni's vassal. However it was still a lot of fun.

Of the couple of threads I looked at, it seems the safest strategy was to eliminate or severly carve back all the AI's, then leave the complete homeland for Ghandi. Our biggest failing was to get behind in techs so that the foreign AI's got ahead of us. However, I agree that our Ghandi seemed disinterested in teching, not sure what made him behave differently with different teams. Maybe it was a function of relative power. :confused: I.e. if we had dominated in tech and taken over the other continent in total, maybe he would have decided we were too powerful and switched to a space strategy.

Well for me it seemed the only way getting Gandhi into space was getting rid of all other AIs or at least cripple them hard. Gandhi was no 1 in landmass. Pop I do not remember exactly, so normally he should have teched alright in our game. Generally I think it is always difficult to make an AI do what a human wants.:)

Well at least you've finally finished that game team. :goodjob: I was dreading the thought of having to play yet another turn. :crazyeye:

I've signed up for Geezers btw. Nice to see The-Hawk back in the team. :)

Nice signup, Sam. Noble, pfft. Quite an understatement. :lol: Made me laugh.

Our current team for SGOTM05 :

Harbourboy
Andronicus
Sam
The-Hawk
Mark

I sent a PM to DynamicSpirit asking whether he likes to join us. That would be an interesting team.

Top Bottom