SGOTM 04 - Geezers

Now that Khan is gone we do not have much ww, so I think it may be worth once it kicks in again, but at the moment I would prefer to stay in representation. Once we set a target I would say we get into heavy whipping business for the military buildup.

I did not get any response on my post of last week, so I repeat my question : if we whip our cities to small pops this will reduce resistance for Gandhi, right ? Does anybody know whether he gets the whipping unhappiness in this case ? Would be unlogical, but who knows ? :crazyeye:

I did not get any response on my post of last week, so I repeat my question : if we whip our cities to small pops this will reduce resistance for Gandhi, right ? Does anybody know whether he gets the whipping unhappiness in this case ? Would be unlogical, but who knows ? :crazyeye:

I believe that whipping unhappiness is only carried over when cities are gifted and not when they are captured. However I cannot say this for definite.

So do you want me to found the city, or only if I see someone else approaching?

Good point about the cavalry resource requirement.

So the focus of the next 10 turns is mainly:
- build troops
- squeeze a bit more our of economy
- obtain military techs
- don't get wiped out by anybody

I would not found the city, yet as it will have very high maintenance and our research rate is already down. If somebody else approaches maybe I would consider it.

My comments on your points :

- build troops : I like it ! :thumbsup:
- squeeze a bit more out of our economy : Great ! :whipped:
- obtain military techs : I love it ! :trouble:
- don't get wiped out by anybody : Oh, yes ! :woohoo:

I can't seem to get to the main SGOTM page to download the save. Is anyone else having that problem? Not much I can do until I can download that saved game file.

Harbourboy said:
I can't seem to get to the main SGOTM page to download the save.

It's a known problem. This thread refers. It was still down at the time of my post.

OK, it seems that the server is back. I plan to play in 11 hours time, so you have until then to get the rest of your suggestions in, to limit the damage I might cause in the next 10 turns. ;)

Well finally Khan is out of the picture. :D

But we should discuss as to how long we are going to hold Gandhi back from settling land that is within in influence. Are we going to wait untill we have a foothold in the other continent? That might be a little too long. Lets allow him to have a city or 2 on our side. We can out build him and if need be we can go in and reduce the city to last defender and walk away. He has crappy land now and his advancement is going to be limited unless he get a few new cities.

Is there any reason why we haven't popped the Tribal Village near Tiflis?

What are we doing with the Great Scientist in Nidaros?

Is there any reason why we haven't popped the Tribal Village near Tiflis?

What are we doing with the Great Scientist in Nidaros?

At this stage of the game I do not know how huts work. Can it still give anything useful other than barbs ? :dunno:

Chemistry is due next turn. You should check then whether Mehmed has Scientific Method already. If not it might be good to use the Great Scientist on that. It halfs the costs and the tech would be quite valuable for trading. Otherwise I would just continue towards rifling.

If we've still got a caravel or so left then it would be worth sending one or two to scout Brennus' north coast. The city on the south coast is on a hill so I don't think we want to attack that first.

Brennus City 1502 AD.JPG

As requested, Brennus's north coast.

Attachments

• Brennus 1502 AD.JPG
    Brennus 1502 AD.JPG
    164.6 KB · Views: 86
Summary: Perhaps the most uneventful turnset ever. Most interesting things that happened were the reduction in maintenance from Project Justice and some reconnaissance of the Celts. Also the end of the current Celtic war.

Details:
IBT: Lord MacAuley has completed his work on the Largest Civilisations!
1) Geezers the Glorious
2) Brennus the Great
3) Hannibal the Fine
4) Mehmed II the Mediocre
5) Gandhi the Puny
6) Isabella the Pathetic
7) Washington the Hopeless

Moses (Great Prophet) has been born in Bombay (Indian)

1466 AD: Chemistry => Steel (25 turns). Traded Chemistry to Hannibal for Education, World Map, and 30 Gold. Not much else happened. Just moved a few workers around.

IBT: Brennus wants us to go to war with America. I said no.

1472 AD: Nidaros: Trebuchet => University. El Dorado Sala: Courthouse => Trebuchet. Caravel sets off to perform Celtic reconnaissance.

IBT: Nothing

1478 AD: Not much happened.

1484 AD: Upsala: Galleon => Pikeman. Yayoi: Berserker => Frigate. Old Sarai: Courthouse => Granary. Not much else happened other than some worker improvements.

IBT: Isabella has made peace with Brennus

1490 AD: Nothing much happened.

1496 AD: Napa Valley: Courthouse => Library. Tiflis: Courthouse => Library. With all these courthouses, science increases back up to 60%.

IBT: Brennus has made peace with Hannibal and Washington.

1502 AD: Nothing much happened. Caravel spots lots of Longbowmen in Celtic land.

IBT: Mehmed II has made peace with Brennus.

1508 AD: New Karakorum: Courthouse => Barracks. Celtic citt Icsa is guarded by just a Longbowman and a Maceman.

IBT: nothing
1514 AD: Nidaros: University => Berserker. Celtic city Gergovia is guarded by Musketman, Maceman, and Gallic Warrior.

IBT : Nothing

1520 AD: Uppsala: Pikeman => Trebuchet. Iron Sheep: Berserker => Trebuchet. New Karakorum: Barracks => Pikeman.

http://gotm.civfanatics.net/saves/civ4sgotm4/Geezers_SG004_AD1520_01.CivWarlordsSave

If Brennus follows the normal AI defensive strategy, then right now his big stacks are gone to war, his biggest cities have a bunch of defenders, and the rest of the cities are defended by 1-3 troops.

If we can get a tech no one else has, then we may want to use it to get some mutual wars declared on him again when we hit him...Perhaps Steel/Sci Meth or whatever our next tech is.

Also, as far as I've seen in my experience, if we whip our cities to low sizes, then Gandhi should not get the unhappiness from it...so we may want to do that during my turnset...Gandhi needs our land very soon.

I cannot look at the save as my PC broke. I hope I get it running again this evening, so maybe I will not be online during the weekend.

I agree we should let Gandhi go soon. If he sends another settler near El Do we may let him settle there. Is Brennus still all our favorite to welcome us as his guests ? :backstab:

Harbourboy said:
Perhaps the most uneventful turnset ever.

I think I may have run you close in some of my early turnsets. :) It's a shame the AI couldn't stick to their guns and carry on fighting. :(

markh said:
I cannot look at the save as my PC broke.

Sorry to hear that. :( I agree that Brennus is still the most realistic target. Who's up next? :confused:

Looking at the save we need to move our forces around e.g. all our cats are still in Tiflis. We don't seem to have any grens yet and we're not building any either. Realistically I can't see war with Brennus in the next turnset.

Izzy will make peace although without giving us anything. I don't see any advantage in staying at war with her so I suggest going for peace to get her out of our hair.

I thought someone said that we weren't going to build Grenadiers but have upgraded Beserkers so we could have amphibious Grenadiers.

Top Bottom