• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

SGOTM 16 - U'nu'sual S'us'pec'ts

Safe Begging:
<Amount to Beg Civ> = (129 - 90) x 3 = 117 Wealth

Begging to the Limit:
<Amount to Beg Civ> = ((129 - 6) x 3) - 70 = 299 Wealth

Chance they 'forget' a beg (and allow a new one)
35 turns ... 83%
40 turns ... 87%

edit: yes, gift Currency

Perhaps my post was missed? Gifting Aesthetics should get us to a +2 and very likely to a +3. We could use Currency to trade for Calendar since it's worth more beakers.

OK - then gift Aesthetics, if Brennus doesn't improve to Friendly, gift Currency, then report back?

Or report back after the Aesthetics gift?

Or are people still opposed to Aesthetics over Currency?

I object to gifting him both, just to get a +1, so we can get a tech we almost have. We need to save something to potentially trade Calendar.

Brennus will get to friendly, there is +3 left for religion, another +1 for civics, another +1 for resources trades....

and don't we only need +1, and not +2?

edit: Currency is worth 33% more than Aesthetics,
edit2: I am happy to gift him Aesthetics

Mathematically, Aesthetics makes complete sense. However, if someone wants to double check it for me, feel free to. :)

The formula is (10p)/124= 75.
p=930 for a +3 relations.
So actually, we must have at least 310 points right now with a maximum of 619.

So to get to +3, we will need to give a minimum of 311 points to a maximum of 620 points. Aesthetics will give us between 468-702 points (roughly). So it is fairly possible for us to get to +3 and almost certain to get to +2 for gifting Aesthetics.

I object to gifting him both, just to get a +1, so we can get a tech we almost have. We need to save something to potentially trade Calendar.

Brennus will get to friendly, there is +3 left for religion, another +1 for civics, another +1 for resources trades....

and don't we only need +1, and not +2?

edit: Currency is worth 33% more than Aesthetics,
edit2: I am happy to gift him Aesthetics

Yes, I am inclined to gift him Currency, simply because if Aesthetics does no good, we would be more inclined to throw another tech after it, where we know Currency would have the bigger impact diplo-wise.

Edit: x-post with Revent.

I believe your Math(s) Revent, no pun intended. ;)

I still see little benefit of trading 2 techs for Maths regardless.

Gift him a tech (if Aesthetics gets us the +1 we need, then that is fine)

Then try the beg, if that fails, put the slider up until its the minimum to get Maths in 1 turns. Then lets try trade Currency & who knows for Calendar

I believe your Math(s) Revent, no pun intended. ;)

I still see little benefit of trading 2 techs for Maths regardless.

Gift him a tech (if Aesthetics gets us the +1 we need, then that is fine)

Then try the beg, if that fails, put the slider up until its the minimum to get Maths in 1 turns. Then lets try trade Currency & who knows for Calendar

OK - I am good with this. Gift Aesthetics, try to beg Math, if not, self-research and see what he wants for Calendar next turn.

Is everybody OK with that, or do you want to see what is available after I gift Aesthetics?

Yeah, that's fine by me. :)

I didn't even realise the pun :lol:

Plus, the points we get for gifting him Aesthetics won't decay, so if we ever need that FT bonus, we wouldn't need to gift him as much as we would otherwise.

Revent, you are a genius. The Aes gift got him to Friendly. :)

He refused the beg for Math, though. :(

On the next turn he is willing to trade Calendar and 80 gold for Currency and Literature. :)

Should I take this deal? (He won't give us Calendar for just Currency)

Edit xpost

I guess Currency & Literature for Calendar + 80 gold is OK. I'm not thrilled with it. Are there any other trade possibilities? Giving him Currency in the trade immediately improves our trade routes, which is a plus.

I think the deal is good. We have TGL already so giving away literature costs us nothing. If anything, we may put Brennus towards researching Music for us so that we can get our Cathedrals up and running soon enough.

Glad it worked :D
I could probably even work out how long it will take to decay as well :lol:

He will give us 80 gold for Monarchy

He will give us Calendar and 35 gold for MC

He will give us 80 gold for Compass

Edit: Currency + Lit seems like the best deal, as I'm not thrilled about giving him Monarchy or MC.

Also, micro-wise. Since the GS was born in Paris, Should I reassign one or both of the scientists there to work cottages? We have 2 unworked cottage tiles available.

Top Bottom