SGOTM 17 - The Shawshank Redemption

Hi, team TSR! Now, you've got me as well. Two more typing hands and not much more - my first SGOTM. The competition for that village position gets harsher. No doubt I will give you a run for your money.

Welcome to the team, RagingHordes!

I've decided to bow out of the Village Idiot competition becaused I realized that with you AND LC going for it, I don't stand a chance. :lol:

Thank you, good to be here!

My advice for improving your future chances: make sure your decision making doesn't betray you. :yup::yup::yup:

Now off to dethrone LC!!! :ar15:

Great game everybody. I have joined the new game. I´ll have a busy fall, but I expect to regularly have time to play some Civ4. By the way, have anyone tried the latest expansion of CIV5? Roumour has it that it´s quite good.

Excellent, ingentingg. Welcome back! :goodjob: The race for Village Idiot is heating up again! :D]

EDIT: I played the Civ V demo about a year ago and wasn't impressed. I have not given the new mod a look yet.

Wait! All that's required is saying idiotic things? :trophy:

Ah, no... sadly no. :nono:
Villages are full of idiots. The village idiot must be outstanding, even genius.

... or else, I would have won from first post. :sad:

Hordes Enragées is the new challenger.

Bien sûr que non étant donné sa formation en Physique. Fail.

Hehe, there are many challengers. But for this team only me and you are new. :beer:

Tu a raison. Tu a plongé dans le code de mon histoire.
Je suis un grand fan de ton travail ici, au CFC.
Tu a quelques expressions qui me rappellent mes chers amis de la Russie. Plus précisément, de la Sibérie. Est-tu de la Sibérie? Ou peut-être tu est français?
Je ne suis pas français moi-même, mais je travaille ici maintenant, il y a quelques mois. Et... je prefere toujour l'anglais.

Wait! All that's required is saying idiotic things? :trophy:

Ah, no... sadly no. :nono:
Villages are full of idiots. The village idiot must be outstanding, even genius.

... or else, I would have won from first post. :sad:

There is a story on the forum. Some say it actually happened, others say it's just an urban legend. According to the tale there was a competition on this forum several years ago, much like todays SGOTM.
On one of the team there was a person who either was a village idiot with capital I, or the most brilliant genius.
What did he do? Well, he managed to give away their third city (some say it was the capital) to the AI for nothing. By some dark magic the team then turned this mistake(?) into an advantage, and eventually they won the game.

Whether the move was a mistake or not, is still up for debate.
Rumour also has it that the ghost of said player still haunts the SGOTM competition.
Who knows, he might even be on this team.

Spoiler :
Spoiler :
Spoiler :
Spoiler :
Hint: His name is rumoured to start with an L, and the game might have been SGOTM12

I can assure you that it wasn't the capital that said person gave away. If that happened, I can assure you that said person would have been forced to walk the plank!!

Part of the legend is that the Idiot was shocked into unconsciousness and woke up babbling only five French words.
Spoiler :
merde
Spoiler :
merde
Spoiler :
merde
Spoiler :
merde
Spoiler :
merde

There is a story on the forum. Some say it actually happened, others say it's just an urban legend. According to the tale there was a competition on this forum several years ago, much like todays SGOTM.
On one of the team there was a person who either was a village idiot with capital I, or the most brilliant genius.
What did he do? Well, he managed to give away their third city (some say it was the capital) to the AI for nothing. By some dark magic the team then turned this mistake(?) into an advantage, and eventually they won the game.

Whether the move was a mistake or not, is still up for debate.
Rumour also has it that the ghost of said player still haunts the SGOTM competition.
Who knows, he might even be on this team.

Spoiler :
Spoiler :
Spoiler :
Spoiler :
Hint: His name is rumoured to start with an L, and the game might have been SGOTM12

You mean l'Attacko, right? :lol:

Just to appease my fears.... Is it even possible to accidently, or intentionally for that matter, give away your capital?? If so, I might never negotiate with an AI again....

Just to appease my fears.... Is it even possible to accidently, or intentionally for that matter, give away your capital?? If so, I might never negotiate with an AI again....
No. Ingentingg was just exaggerating. Maybe it's just an urban legend after all... :D

Just to appease my fears.... Is it even possible to accidently, or intentionally for that matter, give away your capital??
Ummm, yes, I have done it, but not via negotiation... instead via leaving my capital defended by only a Warrior and having a Barb Archer walk up that I didn't notice.

I'd call that scenario a "dead" give away.

Doing it via diplomacy would be a two-step process, though... move your Palace or lose your capital to an enemy unit and then recapture your capital... you'd still only be giving away the City that does not have your Palace in it, but it would still feel like giving away your capital.

Top Bottom