• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

SGOTM 18 - Plastic Ducks

BTW, we'll need a new micro. My micro could use chopped granary in Wash and BiC's micro is too much NY and Fish city oriented (too many workers there).

Fully agree. Even if we spent a long time on this micro, it still lets us know what was the 'optimal' opening given what we had. Fish city is nothing great but it made a decent 4th spot for settling.

TGW definitely out, a few forests towards settlers for sure. We may yet find a TGL spot beyond the mountains... just need some food and forests.

Fully agree. Even if we spent a long time on this micro, it still lets us know what was the 'optimal' opening given what we had. Fish city is nothing great but it made a decent 4th spot for settling.

Indeed. It has helped us to grasp the potential. Now we can recombine fairly easily.

TGW definitely out, a few forests towards settlers for sure. We may yet find a TGL spot beyond the mountains... just need some food and forests.

I wouldn't complain if we found Marble too.:)

T24: Here's a good sign:
Spoiler :

There is definitely a land gap to us, unless Joao started with some extra scouts. These guys came from the RR btw.

I wouldn't complain if we found Marble too.:)
What tile did we settle on again? :D

----

We're surrounded by two REXers. I'd really like to know where Joao's capital is, although I'm not saying that we should actively search for it. I wonder what the Hagia Sophia would be worth to us this early on.

We're surrounded by two REXers. I'd really like to know where Joao's capital is, although I'm not saying that we should actively search for it. I wonder what the Hagia Sophia would be worth to us this early on.
I could live with it :D

T24: Here's a good sign:
Spoiler :

There is definitely a land gap to us, unless Joao started with some extra scouts. These guys came from the RR btw.

Wait, isn't that the first Joao unit we see? I'm looking through the thread quickly in case I'm mistaken.

If so, how is it good news :confused:

It's the 2nd scout we see from Joao :)
1st came west of Warrior 1, just after he came out of the mountains pass (3 turns UE played after Doshin's set - same set we met Genghis from the north).

Good news: it means we have land connexion to Joao who has land connexion to Dr Evil. E-W railroads are quite probable, now.
Trouble: access to the Swinger's Pad may be difficult.

We saw Joao to our W in the jungle (that's not necessarily good news). The good news is his scout next to ours, so we can possibly bring medbot home meaning we probably won't need any advanced techs to reach Swinger's Pad.

Cheeky railroad frame:
Spoiler :

WP1

UnforcedError still in the lead! Hot race for second with Doshin currently in the lead!

AlanH still lagging behind with kcd.

BTW, this post counts as +1 :cool:

T27: The North-East is not that awesome but definitely worth settling...
Spoiler :

And it doesn't get any safer for our little robot... Shall we try the RR now?
Spoiler :

Good night! Got early start tomorrow. Play safe! ;)

+1!

Ahem, I'm kind of waiting for input :D

Risk RR with Fembot, risk forest with Fembot, or stay in place for 4 turns?

Btw Gandhi went for Mono too. Mansa's teching IW. Hope he already has AH.

Do you engage in your 60% odds battles with your GG healer?

I don't and that's exactly how I see it. Duck and cover!

Well, if the Railroad connects to our side of the map, we can send a belated Warrior that way.

I'd fortify the Scout. When we make peace, it can scope out Dr. Evil's territory, before it gets sealed off by border pops.

Spoiler :

:goodjob:

I'd say Gandhi might be aiming at Theology then.

Medbot: safety is fine. Assuming we don't lose the scout, we'll have plenty of time to uncover all those tiles.

Yep, sending some unit to protect it is a good idea.

T31 Alpha is in. Crap. Neither Mansa nor Gandhi have AH (and Mansa's going for IW, so it will take a bit of time...). Gandhi doesn't have BW yet either.

Trade screen:
Spoiler :

Neither of them is close to Writing yet...
Spoiler :

Gifting Writing to Joao wouldn't solve the problem IIRC... that's not enough to get him to cautious, right?

Good time to perform final moves, pause, and upload, I think.

Top Bottom