• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

SGOTM 18 - Plastic Ducks

Capitol has 0.29 maintenance in both real and a test save, map script and size are the same, and if coordinates of our capital are correct, there really shouldn't be any problem.

Yep, I have faith as well. But I've been burned so many times that I tend to avoid using 100%-oriented statements :) Hence the 'for some unexpected reason' part.

^^We should notice that soon enough.

PPP looks good. I agree with shakabrade's suggestions:

In any way, when hammers for NY worker reach 30/60, switch to granary. If we get Alpha on T31 and revolt, it won't be necessary, iIrc.

I am fine with your PPP. If you are uncertain about anything, please stop. And please don't trade anything. It is an ideal point to waste one more week on discussion.:)
For scouting:

Warrior1: I was thinking of uncovering the immediate N of pig city (by moving 1NE, 1SE) and then move towards the N and W. I think we should skip investigating the plains jungle towards the W for now.
Before Warrior 1 goes NW, I'd also recommend unfogging this area:

Spoiler :

Perhaps reveal this, then head NW ---> SW ---> E/NE, eventually finishing a counterclockwise circle near the Plains Dye.

Good luck. :thumbsup:

So, I'm finally home. Will have a coffee and something to eat and will be ready to play then.
I was thinking of playing say 3-4 turns at once and then posting some screenies to allow a (short) discussion on scouting (assuming everything else goes according to plan) with whoever else is online at that point, to make it more democratic :) Will start playing shortly :)

OK. It's T19, not too much to report yet. Mildly good news: Joao is in Slavery so no monopoly for Gandhi in any case.

Some info about Goldmember's coastline (although still no wonder visible):
Spoiler :

And some barren grassland :sad::
Spoiler :

No game without early railroads:
Spoiler :

Will wait for say 20 minutes for suggestions, although there's not much to say yet... If we're lucky our warrior can travel a bit on the railroad. Knowing KCD it will probably lead straight into a mountain.

Steal a Worker? Fembots have special weapons, you know.

Looks good so far. Is there flat land 1W of the 2N1W of Goldmember's Worker?

At least barbs can't ride the railroad this time around...

Good work so far.

I'd venture to say that the railroad probably does not give the eastern warrior an easy view of the area nearby the fur. I'd look at least 1 more turn in the area before turning west. Next turn once the eastern warrior starts moving along the railroad we'll know better what to do with the other warrior anyway.

@Doshin: Aren't workers immune to those special weapons? :D
There's really nowhere else our scout could move safely, so that FP's exactly where he's heading. I'd move him S first if both directions are open.

@kossin: Yep. That's a good idea.

I'll play on a bit then.

It's T23. Stupid Mansa wasted his time on founding Judaism but he's going for BW now. And of course the railroad is highly artistic, as we expected, so I stayed to scout with our other warrior...

Fresh Mongolian city. This might just turn into a settling contest:
Spoiler :

Scout didn't reveal too much yet but there seem to be enough flat areas to move around a bit longer:
Spoiler :

Will wait for comments for a while.

Should we try to reveal traderoutes towards GK? If eastern warrior can do it (can't see so not sure) then western warrior can go NW a bit. (is that railroad on the PH near the furs?)

It's highly unlikely we get to OB with him soon but we have some turns before we settle in another direction than our immediate vicinity anyway.

The few tiles we haven't uncovered NE of our starting area could hold a resource or 2 for a mega-city.

EDIT: last game, part of the railroad wasn't purely artistic but led towards a key part of the map. We know we have to take out Dr. Evil's lair... but from what we've seen so far, it seems unlikely to be in the area where SP is... too easy to teleport into.

Sorry, this is his cap:
Spoiler :

I'd probably want to scout our immediate N - NE with warrior1 for now. The other guy might do a small circle around the cap, check for workers, maybe...

Or if he can hold his breath long enough, he can scout that under ocean highway. Yea I'd scout east with southern warrior while we're there...

That ph between furs does look like rr. Is it?

Maybe we could rethink our Philadelphia location? I don't think Furs + Corn will wait us forever there.

Worker stealing is a joke, right?:)

Good work, UnforcedError :goodjob:

I think I'd send Warrior 1 SE to assess our incentive to settle the corn/furs. Higher incentive if there are several city spots.
That will waste some turns before we can scout anything else but it will be long before we have a unit in that SE area again.

Warrior 2 can scout whatever he can. N, roughly.
Coast railroads? really? :eek: Does that mean Galleys have 20 moves and can circle the map lightning fast?

I think it's about time the medbot goes back N. Maybe it's a little early, still.

Well? it's still T23 and I'm at a loss about what to do with our medbot...
Mirrored railroads... and this one feels kind of unsafe:
Spoiler :

Shakabrade: we obviously have to forget about stone city and TGW, there's no question about it...
BiC: it's a flat map. And no, galleys can't use roads :sad:

Railroad probably goes all the way around and connects Goldmember's cities.

No TGW indeed. We have a REXing battle to win.

Edit: it probably is unsafe, but it is also a way home for our Medbot. Maybe we could wait for our warrior to get there and use Medbot to scout enemy lines before chariots kill it and then try to escape back home.

Top Bottom