• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

SGOTM 20 - Civ Geeks United

Ok, I kind of thought we had reached a decision on how to use him. Thinking back on it, that conversation was mostly between me and Astre, so sorry if we concluded that discussion prematurely.
Well I think I suggested the bulb so don't be too hard on yourself. But yes we need to be running a State Religion and have it present in the City we want to to build the AP in. We also need to make sure the religion is only spread to one city in each of the AIs that remain alive (nothing we can do about auto spread obviously).

If victoria already had theology then the whole picture changed, we should not have bulbed before we have any religion anyway...

agree that archer need time is over, time for stables, phants and cats.

The good news is that we can trade theo as long as we control religions :)

No more archers! We have a lot of archers. Some of them need to go to Alderaan. Right now, that is our only actual threat.

Don't worry, I'm done with Archers. I'll send a couple of the backline ones to Alderaan right away.

Don't promote any units until they need to be promoted. Several archers already have Garrison 1 promotion. Save the promotion in case the extra 20% is not needed and can be used to heal or if a combat promotion is needed to go on the offensive against a unit.

Ok. It's kind of an OCD thing to give them promotions and make the blue glow go away. I'll resist the urge.

Sell iron to Louis for 60 gold

Pre-mine those forested hills east of death star with 3 turns, so we get quick chop/mine.

I can do that. What about MC? Just hold on to it until he gets more money, or outright gift it?

FYI

We'll have enough money to finish Construction in 2 more turns after I sell IW to Louis.
AC has Math, which brings the total to 3. None of them will trade as of T100.

Should we revisit the idea of getting Louis on better terms by gifting MC? Shulec, can you run that same test with AC having Math now?

My worker micro has gone off-track due to not being able to finish chops. Pre-mining is good idea to keep them busy for a few more turns. If we don't trade for Math in the next two turns, we'll be forced to research it, there's really no other alternative.

Edit: Anybody out there?? :sleep:

Shulec, can you run that same test with AC having Math now?
He wouldn't trade it until 5/7 AI had researched mathematics. Then, he would only trade it at cautious.

Let's trade rice to Louis for 2 GPT also.

Let's wait on Mathematics. We still need to build stables and HA's. We aren't ready to build cats yet (or elephants).

Let's whip the Stable in Endor next turn.

Good idea with the spy. I assume you are sending him to Suleiman, then Napoleon. Don't end his turn in an AI city. It increases the odds of being discovered.

Let's move EP to Julius Caesar. I want to know how soon he is going for Feudalism. He is the closest to Longbows and he is on our must die list. I say we go at him first.

He wouldn't trade it until 5/7 AI had researched mathematics. Then, he would only trade it at cautious.

Ok, good. I had a similar experience.

Let's trade rice to Louis for 2 GPT also.

Let's wait on Mathematics. We still need to build stables and HA's. We aren't ready to build cats yet (or elephants).

Let's whip the Stable in Endor next turn.

Good idea with the spy. I assume you are sending him to Suleiman, then Napoleon. Don't end his turn in an AI city. It increases the odds of being discovered.

Let's move EP to Julius Caesar. I want to know how soon he is going for Feudalism. He is the closest to Longbows and he is on our must die list. I say we go at him first.

Rice to Louis sounds good. I'm not sure I like putting off Math, but you're right that we can afford a few more turns. The stable only takes 3 turns, is the whip for population control?

When you say we should kill JC first, do you just mean before Suleiman or before holy cities?

BTW, I updated the test game to the current point. I haven't checked it for accuracy, but I'm sure it's fairly terrible.

Attachments

• TestGame Nerfed AI BC-0425 T98.CivBeyondSwordSave
    238.2 KB · Views: 21
  • TestGame Nerfed AI BC-0375 T100.CivBeyondSwordSave
    241.5 KB · Views: 22
I'm not sure I like putting off Math, but you're right that we can afford a few more turns. The stable only takes 3 turns, is the whip for population control?

When you say we should kill JC first, do you just mean before Suleiman or before holy cities?

BTW, I updated the test game to the current point. I haven't checked it for accuracy, but I'm sure it's fairly terrible.

Yes, whip away crappy tile. A two pop whip would be best, but it is not worth avoiding the use of high hammer tiles. If your test has an exact match to Endor, see how the whip next turn plays out.

I say we build horse archers for the Christian city (they need OB with Louis to move efficently. Wait for Math before a big tech gift.) This will take 5-8 turns. Then once we have construction, we build Elephants and cats.

Take Julius first if we can (over hindu city and suleiman) If that seems wrong as we get closer to getting a force of elephants and cats, we change gears.

Yes, whip away crappy tile. A two pop whip would be best, but it is not worth avoiding the use of high hammer tiles. If your test has an exact match to Endor, see how the whip next turn plays out.

The match wasn't very good. Endor is 1 turn closer to growth in the test game, and it has a mine available S of the sheep. In the real game, that mine won't be ready for 3 turns. A 1-pop whip should work fine. Endor isn't going to grow to happy cap all that soon.

I'm off to bed. I'm hoping to play the rest of the set soon, but let me know if you guys think we need a revised PPP to get to T105.

Ok. It's kind of an OCD thing to give them promotions and make the blue glow go away. I'll resist the urge.
I used to be like that too lol, in fact playing this game taught me why it's a bad move - having Cover to take on that Axe in St. Pete opened my eyes!

Sorry I haven't contributed much this set, work is crazy busy - just about to start again today :(

I'm with Shulec - play on until Maths or something significant happens.

Well, call it serendipity - Math was finally available on T105.

Here's the Save

Not much happened that wasn't expected. I sold off Priesthood, Poly, Mono, and IW when I could get 30-50 gold (60 for IW). Our WB in the SW found Islamabad, so we've got visuals on 5 holy cities now and a general idea where the other two are.

Our first trireme lost, but the second one finished off that barb trireme. I build a third one and the two of them are hanging out near Midgar until the other one heals.

Probably the most relevant news is on the tech front:
On T102, right after I switched EP to Julius, I saw that Louis was 6 turns from finishing Construction. Also, after the Math trade, I could see that Churchill already has it. Vicky has CoL, but not trading.

We can finish Construction in 3 turns, which will actually get us there the same turn as Louis.

All that and more in the logs:

CFC Log
Spoiler :
Here is your Session Turn Log from 375 BC to 250 BC:

Turn 100, 375 BC: You have discovered Monotheism!
Turn 100, 375 BC: You have discovered Theology!
Turn 100, 375 BC: Tatooine celebrates "We Love the Despot Day"!!!
Turn 100, 375 BC: The borders of Alderaan have expanded!

Turn 101, 350 BC: The borders of Geek Central have expanded!
Turn 101, 350 BC: Tatooine celebrates "We Love the Despot Day"!!!
Turn 101, 350 BC: You have constructed a Stable in Endor. Work has now begun on a Horse Archer.
Turn 101, 350 BC: The Hanging Gardens has been built in a far away land!
Turn 101, 350 BC: Barbarian's Trireme (2.00) vs Mehmed's Trireme 1 (Midgar) (2.20)
Turn 101, 350 BC: Combat Odds: 32.2%
Turn 101, 350 BC: (Plot Defense: +10%)
Turn 101, 350 BC: Barbarian's Trireme is hit for 20 (80/100HP)
Turn 101, 350 BC: Mehmed's Trireme 1 (Midgar) is hit for 19 (81/100HP)
Turn 101, 350 BC: Mehmed's Trireme 1 (Midgar) is hit for 19 (62/100HP)
Turn 101, 350 BC: Mehmed's Trireme 1 (Midgar) is hit for 19 (43/100HP)
Turn 101, 350 BC: Barbarian's Trireme is hit for 20 (60/100HP)
Turn 101, 350 BC: Barbarian's Trireme is hit for 20 (40/100HP)
Turn 101, 350 BC: Mehmed's Trireme 1 (Midgar) is hit for 19 (24/100HP)
Turn 101, 350 BC: Mehmed's Trireme 1 (Midgar) is hit for 19 (5/100HP)
Turn 101, 350 BC: Mehmed's Trireme 1 (Midgar) is hit for 19 (0/100HP)
Turn 101, 350 BC: Barbarian's Trireme has defeated Mehmed's Trireme 1 (Midgar)!

Turn 102, 325 BC: Mehmed's Trireme 2 (Midgar) (2.00) vs Barbarian's Trireme (0.88)
Turn 102, 325 BC: Combat Odds: 99.6%
Turn 102, 325 BC: (Plot Defense: +10%)
Turn 102, 325 BC: Mehmed's Trireme 2 (Midgar) is hit for 17 (83/100HP)
Turn 102, 325 BC: Mehmed's Trireme 2 (Midgar) is hit for 17 (66/100HP)
Turn 102, 325 BC: Barbarian's Trireme is hit for 22 (18/100HP)
Turn 102, 325 BC: Mehmed's Trireme 2 (Midgar) is hit for 17 (49/100HP)
Turn 102, 325 BC: Barbarian's Trireme is hit for 22 (0/100HP)
Turn 102, 325 BC: Mehmed's Trireme 2 (Midgar) has defeated Barbarian's Trireme!
Turn 102, 325 BC: You have trained a Settler in Midgar. Work has now begun on a Galley.
Turn 102, 325 BC: The borders of Tatooine have expanded!

Turn 103, 300 BC: Dagobah can hurry Horse Archer for 1⇴ with 23ℤ overflow and +1⇤ for 23 turns.
Turn 103, 300 BC: Alderaan has grown to size 4.
Turn 103, 300 BC: Gondor has grown to size 3.
Turn 103, 300 BC: Death Star will grow to size 9 on the next turn.
Turn 103, 300 BC: Jabba's Palace will grow to size 6 on the next turn.
Turn 103, 300 BC: You have trained a Trireme in Midgar. Work has now begun on a Galley.
Turn 103, 300 BC: Werner Heisenberg (Great Scientist) has been born in Edirne (Suleiman)!
Turn 103, 300 BC: Churchill adopts Hereditary Rule!

Turn 104, 275 BC: Midgar can hurry Galley for 1⇴ with 25ℤ overflow and +1⇤ for 18 turns.
Turn 104, 275 BC: Death Star has grown to size 9.
Turn 104, 275 BC: Death Star can hurry Horse Archer for 1⇴ with 32ℤ overflow and +1⇤ for 10 turns.
Turn 104, 275 BC: Jabba's Palace has grown to size 6.
Turn 104, 275 BC: Jabba's Palace can hurry Library for 2⇴ with 12ℤ overflow and +1⇤ for 10 turns.
Turn 104, 275 BC: Alderaan can hurry Library for 2⇴ with 3ℤ overflow and +1⇤ for 10 turns.
Turn 104, 275 BC: Caemlyn has been founded.
Turn 104, 275 BC: Midgar will grow to size 9 on the next turn.

Turn 105, 250 BC: Midgar has grown to size 9.
Turn 105, 250 BC: Tatooine can hurry Settler for 3⇴ with 44ℤ overflow and +1⇤ for 10 turns.
Turn 105, 250 BC: Endor can hurry Horse Archer for 1⇴ with 40ℤ overflow, 8ℴ added to the treasury, and +1⇤ for 16 turns.
Turn 105, 250 BC: Augustus Caesar will trade Mathematics
Turn 105, 250 BC: Churchill will trade Mathematics
Turn 105, 250 BC: You have discovered Mathematics!
Turn 105, 250 BC: Dagobah will grow to size 8 on the next turn.
Turn 105, 250 BC: Alderaan will grow to size 5 on the next turn.

Buffy Log
Spoiler :
Logging by BUFFY 3.19.003 (BtS 3.19)
------------------------------------------------
Turn 100/500 (375 BC) [04-Sep-2014 21:30:44]
Research begun: Code of Laws (3 Turns)
Geek Central begins: Stable (5 turns)
Death Star begins: Stable (3 turns)
Endor begins: Stable (3 turns)
Dagobah begins: Stable (9 turns)
Jabba's Palace begins: Library (12 turns)
Tech traded to Victoria (England): Horseback Riding
Tech acquired (trade, lightbulb, hut, espionage): Monotheism
Midgar begins: Settler (5 turns)
Archer 4 (Geek Central) promoted: City Garrison I
Archer 8 (Geek Central) promoted: City Garrison I
Tech acquired (trade, lightbulb, hut, espionage): Theology

Logging by BUFFY 3.19.003 (BtS 3.19)
------------------------------------------------
Turn 100/500 (375 BC) [06-Sep-2014 14:59:36]
Tech traded to Louis XIV (France): Iron Working
0% Research: 7 per turn
0% Espionage: 4 per turn
100% Gold: 56 per turn, 280 in the bank

After End Turn:
Jabba's Palace grows to size 5
Alderaan's borders expand
Alderaan finishes: Granary

Turn 101/500 (350 BC) [06-Sep-2014 15:00:44]
Alderaan begins: Library (30 turns)
A Cottage was built near Geek Central
Tech traded to Napoleon (France): Priesthood
Endor begins: Horse Archer (3 turns)
100% Gold: 60 per turn, 366 in the bank

After End Turn:
The whip was applied in Dagobah
The whip was applied in Endor
Geek Central's borders expand
Tatooine grows to size 9
Dagobah grows to size 7
Dagobah finishes: Stable
Endor grows to size 7
Endor finishes: Stable

Other Player Actions:
While defending just off shore near Sindhu Island, Trireme 1 (Midgar) loses to Barbarian Trireme (0.80/2) (Prob Victory: 67.8%)
Attitude Change: Suleiman (Ottomans) towards Louis XIV (France), from 'Cautious' to 'Pleased'
Attitude Change: Louis XIV (France) towards Suleiman (Ottomans), from 'Cautious' to 'Pleased'

Turn 102/500 (325 BC) [06-Sep-2014 15:10:29]
Dagobah begins: Horse Archer (5 turns)
While attacking, Trireme 2 (Midgar) decimates Barbarian Trireme (Prob Victory: 99.6%)
While attacking just off shore near Midgar, Trireme 2 (Midgar) (0.98/2) defeats Barbarian Trireme (Prob Victory: 99.6%)
A Mine was built near Endor
100% Gold: 48 per turn, 426 in the bank

After End Turn:
The whip was applied in Midgar
A Village was built near Geek Central
Midgar finishes: Settler
Death Star finishes: Stable
Tatooine's borders expand
Alderaan grows to size 4
Gondor grows to size 3

Other Player Actions:
Attitude Change: Julius Caesar (Rome) towards Victoria (England), from 'Cautious' to 'Pleased'
Attitude Change: Victoria (England) towards Julius Caesar (Rome), from 'Cautious' to 'Pleased'

Turn 103/500 (300 BC) [06-Sep-2014 15:19:32]
Death Star begins: Horse Archer (3 turns)
A Fishing Boats was built near Alderaan
Midgar begins: Trireme (4 turns)
100% Gold: 53 per turn, 474 in the bank

After End Turn:
Midgar finishes: Trireme
Death Star grows to size 9
Tatooine finishes: Library
Endor finishes: Horse Archer
Jabba's Palace grows to size 6

Other Player Actions:
Civics Change: Churchill(England) from 'Despotism' to 'Hereditary Rule'

Turn 104/500 (275 BC) [06-Sep-2014 15:31:09]
Tatooine begins: Settler (5 turns)
Endor begins: Horse Archer (2 turns)
Research begun: Mathematics (44 Turns)
Samsun founded
Caemlyn begins: Monument (10 turns)
A Mine was built near Alderaan
Tech traded to Augustus Caesar (Rome): Polytheism
Tech traded to Louis XIV (France): Monotheism
100% Gold: 50 per turn, 617 in the bank

After End Turn:
Geek Central finishes: Stable
Midgar grows to size 9
Midgar finishes: Galley
Death Star finishes: Horse Archer
Dagobah finishes: Horse Archer

Other Player Actions:
Attitude Change: Suleiman (Ottomans) towards Augustus Caesar (Rome), from 'Cautious' to 'Pleased'

Turn 105/500 (250 BC) [06-Sep-2014 15:45:14]
Geek Central begins: Horse Archer (5 turns)
Midgar begins: Work Boat (2 turns)
Death Star begins: Horse Archer (3 turns)
Dagobah begins: Horse Archer (4 turns)
Research begun: Code of Laws (46 Turns)
Tech traded to Augustus Caesar (Rome): Monotheism
Tech traded to Augustus Caesar (Rome): Priesthood
Tech acquired (trade, lightbulb, hut, espionage): Mathematics
Research begun: Construction (68 Turns)
A Cottage was built near Caemlyn

Some screenies

Test game is updated, but needs some work.

I'll see about getting all the units right later tonight. I'm not sure how to edit production and food in the cities, but I took the step of creating the screenshot dump:

Spoiler :

Attachments

• TestGame Nerfed AI BC-0250 T105.CivBeyondSwordSave
    249 KB · Views: 20
Thanks for the screenshots. Good job on the turnset! Are you ready to hand off? Are you planning more turns?

I don't want to update the Test game, but can if Astre really wants me to. We are probably at the point where exact city micro is not as important. However, there are sometimes situations where an accurate test game is invaluable.

I am skipping ngraner until we here from him.

P.S. Zbg, can you post the test game T103. The way you fix cities is by adding/subtracting population/buildings, changing tiles to Iron/mine/RR to get what you want 1-2 turns later. There is no edit that allows you to fix the cities directly.

Yeah, I'm ready to hand off. Kind of relieved actually.

Give me a day or so, I'll see if I can get the test game matched up. I think you're right, though, it's not exactly worth the trouble at this point.

Does that mean I'm up?
don't need any test save at this point personnaly.

some thought: sell mono to sully and poly to julius. transform tatoine int production city with barrack then cats.

great for the rest!

don't need any test save at this point personnaly.

Ok, I won't sink anymore time into it then.

some thought: sell mono to sully and poly to julius. transform tatoine int production city with barrack then cats.

I'd like to see the Settler finished in Tatooine, so that we can set up a quality production city just south of there. Augustus got to the deer, but it still has rice + sheep and a lot of hills.

Top Bottom