• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

SGOTM 20 - Civ Geeks United

I miss time so i just upload the save with sign in cities.
the save is here: http://gotm.civfanatics.net/download.php?file=Civ_Geeks_United_SG020_BC0250_02.CivBeyondSwordSave

I would like to play up to construction in 24 hours with production as in the save.

for trade: sell mono to sully and poly to julius
in case there is a tech to get, I will stop to ask unles i can trade very old techs

did not microed the cities yet.

The goal is to sent all HA produced to christian holy city. If i can OB with louis, all the best. can the gift of MC be usefull?

EDIT: tough again, Unlike what's written in the save, in barack cities, I will try to microed to do the 2 pop whip in the last turn of construction to use the rolling hammers for phants/ cats.

Go for it.

It might be a good idea to work in a 2-pop worker if feasible. We have a lot of forests to chop. ...Or not.

If need be, whip before construction and work wealth a turn. The overflow should carry over.

The goal is to sent all HA produced to christian holy city. If i can OB with louis, all the best. can the gift of MC be usefull?

Yes, there are 3 built and 4 in production. 6-7 HA's is what I was planning for that.

I think gifting Louis MC is the right move. It will almost certainly make it possible to sign OB with him, and continue to improve our relations.

EDIT: tough again, Unlike what's written in the save, in barack cities, I will try to microed to do the 2 pop whip in the last turn of construction to use the rolling hammers for phants/ cats.

I'm kind of on the fence about whipping Tatooine and GC. They are close to happy cap, so it probably should be done. OTOH, they aren't working any unimproved tiles.

BTW, I went through and canceled the orders of the workers who were pre-mining or pre-cottaging. There are a lot of pre-chopped forests, especially around DS, Endor, and Dagobah.

Also, Caemlyn took the Cow tile from GC. I planned to have the workboats ready sooner, but I had to build another trireme after losing a 67% battle. As it is, we might have to leave the tiles alone for 3 turns. That should be long enough to net the fish and switch to that tile. Hopefully, that will long enough to kill the other barb trireme that is lurking out there somewhere.

played 3 turns, construction is in. cities microed for fantaput time. Will use the 2 pop whip when possible. fun time is over, lets bleed some of our food plenty cities.

the 1st goal is 50% fant and 50% cats for sully attack
All HA are heading christain city.
Will send fants in hindu city then attack when it sound right (4 fants i guess).

BTW, i put 2 units on iron to attract AI units on me. I was surprised they beat one archer, but at least, it is one unit down, not that bad in a +100 defence city.

did get OB with louis with MC trade to help that.

For techs, i plan to stay at 0% for 4 turns to see if somone want to trade CoL. then go CoL then civil service.
Not sure when i will stop but no more than 5-6 turns i guess.
can play in 24 or 48 hours as the team want to comment.

save http://gotm.civfanatics.net/download.php?file=Civ_Geeks_United_SG020_BC0175_01.CivBeyondSwordSave

log:
Spoiler :
Turn 105, 250 BC: You have discovered Mathematics!
Turn 105, 250 BC: You have constructed a Library in Jabba's Palace. Work has now begun on a Work Boat.

Turn 106, 225 BC: Dagobah has grown to size 8.
Turn 106, 225 BC: Dagobah will become happy on the next turn.
Turn 106, 225 BC: You are the worst enemy of Suleiman.
Turn 106, 225 BC: Augustus Caesar is the worst enemy of Julius Caesar.
Turn 106, 225 BC: Julius Caesar is the worst enemy of Augustus Caesar.
Turn 106, 225 BC: Napoleon is the worst enemy of Louis XIV, Victoria.
Turn 106, 225 BC: Louis XIV is the worst enemy of Napoleon.
Turn 106, 225 BC: Victoria is the worst enemy of Churchill.
Turn 106, 225 BC: Will Sign Open Borders: Victoria
Turn 106, 225 BC: Clearing a Forest has created 30 ℤ for Death Star.
Turn 106, 225 BC: Clearing a Forest has created 30 ℤ for Gondor.
Turn 106, 225 BC: Clearing a Forest has created 30 ℤ for Dagobah.
Turn 106, 225 BC: Endor will grow to size 8 on the next turn.
Turn 106, 225 BC: Jabba's Palace will grow to size 5 on the next turn.
Turn 106, 225 BC: Alderaan will grow to size 4 on the next turn.
Turn 106, 225 BC: Gondor will grow to size 4 on the next turn.
Turn 106, 225 BC: You have trained a Work Boat in Midgar. Work has now begun on a Work Boat.
Turn 106, 225 BC: You have trained a Settler in Tatooine. Work has now begun on a Galley.

Turn 107, 200 BC: Endor has grown to size 8.
Turn 107, 200 BC: Endor can hurry Horse Archer for 1⇴ with 40ℤ overflow, 8ℴ added to the treasury, and +1⇤ for 14 turns.
Turn 107, 200 BC: Jabba's Palace has grown to size 5.
Turn 107, 200 BC: Alderaan has grown to size 4.
Turn 107, 200 BC: Alderaan can hurry Barracks for 2⇴ with 19ℤ overflow and +1⇤ for 18 turns.
Turn 107, 200 BC: Gondor has grown to size 4.
Turn 107, 200 BC: Gondor can hurry Library for 2⇴ with 29ℤ overflow and +1⇤ for 10 turns.
Turn 107, 200 BC: Death Star will grow to size 10 on the next turn.
Turn 107, 200 BC: Tatooine will grow to size 8 on the next turn.
Turn 107, 200 BC: You have discovered Construction!
Turn 107, 200 BC: You have constructed a Library in Gondor. Work has now begun on a Granary.
Turn 107, 200 BC: Marco Polo (Great Merchant) has been born in Antium (Julius Caesar)!
Turn 107, 200 BC: Barbarian's Archer (3.30) vs Mehmed's Gimli (Axe) (Axeman) (6.25)
Turn 107, 200 BC: Combat Odds: 1.5%
Turn 107, 200 BC: (Extra Combat: -10%)
Turn 107, 200 BC: (Plot Defense: +25%)
Turn 107, 200 BC: Mehmed's Gimli (Axe) (Axeman) is hit for 14 (86/100HP)
Turn 107, 200 BC: Barbarian's Archer is hit for 27 (73/100HP)
Turn 107, 200 BC: Barbarian's Archer is hit for 27 (46/100HP)
Turn 107, 200 BC: Mehmed's Gimli (Axe) (Axeman) is hit for 14 (72/100HP)
Turn 107, 200 BC: Barbarian's Archer is hit for 27 (19/100HP)
Turn 107, 200 BC: Barbarian's Archer is hit for 27 (0/100HP)
Turn 107, 200 BC: Mehmed's Gimli (Axe) (Axeman) has defeated Barbarian's Archer!
Turn 107, 200 BC: While defending, your Gimli (Axe) has killed a Barbarian Archer!
Turn 107, 200 BC: Barbarian's Archer (3.30) vs Mehmed's Fran (Archer) (4.50)
Turn 107, 200 BC: Combat Odds: 20.9%
Turn 107, 200 BC: (Extra Combat: -10%)
Turn 107, 200 BC: (Plot Defense: +25%)
Turn 107, 200 BC: (Hills Defense: +25%)
Turn 107, 200 BC: Mehmed's Fran (Archer) is hit for 17 (83/100HP)
Turn 107, 200 BC: Mehmed's Fran (Archer) is hit for 17 (66/100HP)
Turn 107, 200 BC: Mehmed's Fran (Archer) is hit for 17 (49/100HP)
Turn 107, 200 BC: Mehmed's Fran (Archer) is hit for 17 (32/100HP)
Turn 107, 200 BC: Mehmed's Fran (Archer) is hit for 17 (15/100HP)
Turn 107, 200 BC: Barbarian's Archer is hit for 23 (77/100HP)
Turn 107, 200 BC: Barbarian's Archer is hit for 23 (54/100HP)
Turn 107, 200 BC: Barbarian's Archer is hit for 23 (31/100HP)
Turn 107, 200 BC: Mehmed's Fran (Archer) is hit for 17 (0/100HP)
Turn 107, 200 BC: Barbarian's Archer has defeated Mehmed's Fran (Archer)!
Turn 107, 200 BC: While defending, your Fran was destroyed by a Barbarian Archer!

Turn 108, 175 BC: Midgar will become unhappy on the next turn.
Turn 108, 175 BC: Death Star has grown to size 10.
Turn 108, 175 BC: Tatooine has grown to size 8.
Turn 108, 175 BC: Clearing a Forest has created 30 ℤ for Caemlyn.
Turn 108, 175 BC: Clearing a Forest has created 30 ℤ for Alderaan.
Turn 108, 175 BC: You have plundered 12ℴ from the Mine!
Turn 108, 175 BC: Midgar will grow to size 10 on the next turn.
Turn 108, 175 BC: Jabba's Palace will grow to size 6 on the next turn.
Turn 108, 175 BC: Alderaan will grow to size 5 on the next turn.

to be discussed : settling of east city.
ZBG want to settle it 1N from my position, which do you prefer?
Do we want to attack sully or someone else? augustus?

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0109.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0109.JPG
    443 KB · Views: 115
to be discussed : settling of east city.
ZBG want to settle it 1N from my position, which do you prefer?

I actually thought the site directly S of Tatooine would be the next to be settled. It seems like AC has effectively blocked JC from expanding, and we can't prevent AC from expanding when we have OB with him. The spot NE of Caemlyn is another one to consider. Louis is expanding pretty rapidly, so he will probably take that spot soon if we don't.

Do we want to attack sully or someone else? augustus?

Did you mean Julius? There's definitely a case to be made for attacking Julius and taking GLH for ourselves. How much more has our spy seen? Is Suly boxed in or can he expand to the south? If he is boxed in, I think we can leave him until after Julius.

South of tatoine is not a very good site.
The marble spot and blocking spot are good ones. We have to chose wich one to found.
We don't need to build new cities, our fants will provide us some ^^

Sully, Julius, augustous or louis, we have the choice of our target.
I'd like sullly because we don't need that mutch power for him and with him crushed, he will not try to dagger us while we are fighting west. the invasion of sully will also give us time to build a bigger army for second target.

South of tatoine is not a very good site.
The marble spot and blocking spot are good ones. We have to chose wich one to found.
We don't need to build new cities, our fants will provide us some ^^

The second part is true enough. When I finally got a look at the save last night, I saw that the settler is already headed down that way. We might as well take the spot with the copper in the BFC.

I was kind of favoring the idea of packing cities in pretty tight because of the temple requirement. However, we still have to kill or vassal 4 civs, so number of cities isn't likely to be a limiting factor.

Sully, Julius, augustous or louis, we have the choice of our target.
I'd like sullly because we don't need that mutch power for him and with him crushed, he will not try to dagger us while we are fighting west. the invasion of sully will also give us time to build a bigger army for second target.

I don't see any reason to backstab Augustus. Especially when JC has GLH and is a smaller, less powerful opponent. We might decide to turn on Louis, since he's closer than Napoleon, but he has elephants too, so that would be a bloodbath on both sides.

I think the reasoning for wiping out Suly first is sound. JC has Praetorians, which will be much harder on the elephants than anything Suly can build. BTW, where is Suly's metal? He has a swordsman, so he must have both copper and iron, but I don't see either one on the map and there are only a couple of fogged tiles left. If he's getting it by trade, could we blockade him?

I would like to do one turn on Julius with 100% :espionage:. This should give us visibility of his cities and research. If he is not researching Feudalism, I recommend we go after him first. He is the closest to Feudalism, I want to kill him off before longbows.

We are not at a big risk of a getting declared upon by Suleiman unless he is bribed into war.
Edit: It looks like Julius could bribe Suliman with Monarchy, forge and currency. Yuk!

Suleiman is getting Iron from Augustus.

Suleiman is getting Iron from Augustus.

Hmmm... that trade route has to be vulnerable.

Can you blockade coast tiles when you're not at war? I've never tried it, but I'm half-remembering an article someone wrote about how even ocean trade routes can be cut on the right map.

What is the plan with the GG due in 5 XP?

I like settling for Accuracy catapults.

We should build a chariot for +1 visibility. for the western front. We should be able to get the chariot out east 1XP for his promo.

Trade routes are really confusing. He may have trade routes via the east? We should have his trade routes cut off from his west, but we don't seem to.

I think that may be because there are more coast tiles than there would be on a normal map. I would have to take a closer look to be sure.

I suppose it's possible he has them to the east if he started WB exploration very early.

The only other option I would consider is a Super Medic. Being able to knock down city defenses quickly is probably more important in the short term. We should get our scout down to the staging area, though, so that our army at least has a regular medic.

I would like to do one turn on Julius with 100% :espionage:. This should give us visibility of his cities and research. If he is not researching Feudalism, I recommend we go after him first. He is the closest to Feudalism, I want to kill him off before longbows.

We are not at a big risk of a getting declared upon by Suleiman unless he is bribed into war.
Edit: It looks like Julius could bribe Suliman with Monarchy, forge and currency. Yuk!

Let's go with the 1 turn at 100% espionage. We should be able to wait at least that long before we need to start moving phants/cats one direction or the other.

I think that may be because there are more coast tiles than there would be on a normal map. I would have to take a closer look to be sure.

I suppose it's possible he has them to the east if he started WB exploration very early.

Did some checking in the save.

We actually have the coast route around the north/east side cut off.

I'm not sure how exactly the trade route is getting around JC's territory, but there might be a path if they can use Churchill's territory. Anyway, it looks like the route could be cut right at Suly's border.

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0062.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0062.JPG
    129.1 KB · Views: 53
If I sum up,
before declare to anyone, let's try to figure what's julius is doing. -> ok with that.
If we want to declare julius, he might bribe sully. -> we can always try to threaten him for 10 turns before declare julius. but he can refuse...
GG comming-> I like supermedic but 5xp cats are also nice.
I'm not that afraid from preatorians as AI don't know it is a good unit -> he doesn't build enought :)

About city to be built, I'll see how long it is to go to marble spot. I prefer that spot.

BTW, chirchill is willing to declare someone in diplo screen. but I'm not sure we have enought for that.
Will play tonight some turns (3-4) if greens appears

We should build a chariot for +1 visibility. for the western front. We should be able to get the chariot out east 1XP for his promo.

Although a Super Medic is really nice Accuracy catapults can keep our damages down so I'm good with that. If we settle we can build a Visibility Chariot off the bat if we can't get the existing one promoted.

One turn on Julius at 100% is a good idea.

Might be worth demanding from Sully but no idea if he would concede - we can't see his demographics either.

Green for me.

If we want to declare julius, he might bribe sully. -> we can always try to threaten him for 10 turns before declare julius. but he can refuse...

I've never tried that before, but it seems so obvious now. Do you just demand like 10 gold to make it easier for them give in? You should probably do it on the last turn you play in this next set, so that we get the most out of the 10 turns. Or, we'll know it didn't work, and we'll have to decide between Suly and JC.

GG comming-> I like supermedic but 5xp cats are also nice.

Timing is kind of critical here. Will the HA's push us over the line for the GG before we've already built a bunch of cats? If not, the Super Medic sounds better. There's also the issue that we would want to settle a GG in the highest production city, but then it's kind of a waste to build cats there while the lower hammer cities work on the more expensive elephants.

Will play tonight some turns (3-4) if greens appears

Go ahead.
I would say stop if we get the GG, or if we've built a large enough army that you think it's time to move toward the target.

agree, will stop if GG appear.
I think the holy island will give us this one. HA are pretty far from christian city.

The threaten will have to be used the turn of declare to julius of our war. With our probable power at this point, suly should accept. If it fail and sully get bribded, we will not stop building units -> we should be safe anyway.

Top Bottom