[BTS] SGOTM 26 - Home Slices

PR is on T165.

Their culture graph has been steady for 30-40t.

When does Sushi start showing that drastic culture boost?

Last edited:
1 By sending 2 workers to accelerate the wheat fort, the wheat can be connected to trade network at T130. Need to get extra 12culture(3 artists) to pop border at T131 or 28 culture (7 artists) at T130. which one to choose? I prefer to run 7. This will inevitably cause some changes to GP plan.
2 The GA_simulate test shows if we build wealth everywhere there will be -17 gpt. Now we have 550 gold. Pre-GA expenditure=55*4 GA expenditure=17*8(all assuming building else everywhere, so 1 hammer=1 commerce, 1 work boat is worth 30c) extra expenditure including 1 trireme upgrade=50g 1 workboat for whale=30h=30g. We will have about 114 gold left assuming Peter or SB doesn't ask for gold from us:eek:. We can afford another barracks or 2, and 2nd trireme upgrade without affecting tech slider. Cows Clams and Profit all have enough organic hammer to complete barracks during GA. The question is do we need it?
3 Maybe I should make a short PPP for the next 2 turns and see if we can get compass free from Peter?

Attachments

• GA_simulate.CivBeyondSwordSave
    185 KB · Views: 23
3 Maybe I should make a short PPP for the next 2 turns and see if we can get compass free from Peter?
Yes please.
Need to get extra 12culture(3 artists) to pop border at T131 or 28 culture (7 artists) at T130. which one to choose? I prefer to run 7.
Yeah, we certainly need the 12 culture. However, I don't see a way to work more artists without breaking the plan.
Therefore: Build Culture 1 turn. (working my favorite tundra mine)
We get Music T128.

PPP for mini-turnset T125-T126

previous turnset

Research

T125 Literature
T126 Music

workers

Cowboy

T125 chop forest 2E1S of whales into the Parthenon
T126 climb up silver hill 2S2E of whales

Phillip
T125~ //move to plains 2N of clams city and build a workshop
move towards wheat

Joan Dark

T125 get off galley 1 T126~ move towards wheat

Shepherd

T125 get off galley 1 T126 move towards farm 1N of science

Rex

T125 board galley 1 T126 return to mainland

Heretic

T125~ keep working on fort

Cities

build wealth everywhere except

canal: //work tundra mine 2 turns to complete a scout
build wealth working all seafood and coast for max food output

silver: build workboat

profit:trireme

whales: the Parthenon T125~T126 work on coast T127~T128 work on plainshill fur

Science:T125 warrior T126 NE ( just to make use of civic bonus, to rush it or not requires further discussion)

Diplomacy:
If Peter asks for any help, give it to him except when he asks for gold. Will stop for discussion
T125 renegotiate gem deal to Peter for 1 extra gpt
T125 gift SB philosophy

Check every turn
If any great person is born.Especially if it's a great artist....
Confu spread
anything unexpected
If Peter switches back to Tao, pause for discussion

100% complete.

Last edited:
cowboy: I don't see us using that forest just yet. Maybe hook up another silver?

Philip: Unless someone can come up with a different GP plan, we won't need wheat fort done til 131, so Phil can do something else (Joan can do Wheat tho). Clamcity does not need another farm (food is tight, but OK) maybe a workshop? otherwise, there's talk of one cottage

Science has to do a warrior T125 for overflow to NE.

Last edited:
Diplomacy

If we plan to get SB up to +4 Fair Trade using tech trades, we might need to do that now, while SB is not Peter’s worst enemy.

When do we need Calendar? We don’t want Calendar before what? Or is that no longer a problem if we’re bulbing Astro?

Philo to SB.
Calendar only after bulbing Bio.

sending 2 workers to accelerate the wheat fort, the wheat can be connected to trade network at T130.
Great idea! I figured out how we can get the culture and not break the GP plan:
Canal, luckily has a lot of extra food (and a tundra mine)
125-126: wealth ; Cancel scout (work max food)
127 - wealth; Avoid growth ON
T128 build culture: Tundramine, + 6 citizens (-5 fpt), (+24 culture)
129 build culture: : Tundramine, + 2 artists + 2 citizens (-1 fpt), (+30 culture)
130 (wheat online) work only 1 citizen (to protect the GP plan)
131 Avoid growth OFF

Last edited:
I no longer want to consider the Astronomy first option. Back when we were thinking our GS#7 was born T152-ish, we had an excess of time for organic research.
Now, with Biology bulb T146, We can't afford to manually research Bio starting T146.
We need about 18,000:science: (not counting 7 bulbs)
At 900 bpt, our organic research about perfectly matches our GS arrival. We will have to build wealth and maintain 100% research for the next 21 turns.
Remember,16 of those turns are GAge and build wealth goes a loooong way.

But, worst case, if we'd rather build stuff and run 70% slider, Bio/sushi only are delayed 1 turn.
I voted against Astro. Anyone agree?
It's not like we're gonna invade with galleons ASAP. And we can't trade resources. I don't see the rush.

We actually need 5 workboats by T147 (Sushi) and they need to travel. And we don't have a lot of hammers during GP farming.
2 whale, 3 seafood.
It's probably not urgent to start them all T125 since Cows can do +9hpt while GP farming, but soon.
Whales and Silver both do one at 1hpt (2 in GAge). Probably should start now.
Cows does 2? Start later
Profit 127+ does its whale wb.

Philo to SB.
Calendar only after bulbing Bio.

Great idea! I figured out how we can get the culture and not break the GP plan:
Canal, luckily has a lot of extra food (and a tundra mine)
125-126: wealth ; Cancel scout (work max food)
127 - wealth; Avoid growth ON
T128 build culture: Tundramine, + 6 citizens (-5 fpt), (+24 culture)
129 build culture: : Tundramine, + 2 artists + 2 citizens (-1 fpt), (+30 culture)
130 (wheat online) work only 1 citizen (to protect the GP plan)
131 Avoid growth OFF
Nice!
We are using up extra food in one city so the others can get more food. :crazyeye:

What tech should we give Sitting Bull to butter him up to Friendly?
Ah, philosophy sounds good.
Ya, let's do it right away.

Amazing we are going to get 10 great people from our 2 golden ages.
I always used a great person farm in the past.

We will need to walk the great people born from Profit City and Canal City together onto the same tile so we can trigger the 2nd golden age if we are using a Great Scientist as a scout.

I still remember that one time I had 3 great people spread around the map, and clicking golden age on the Artist caused the game to pick my Engineer randomly.

After that I always grouped up the 2 I needed with the shift button and triggered the golden age that way.

Last edited:
We don't need Astro.
Bulbing huge chunks of Bio and then getting Astro after is very efficient use of our Great Scientists.

It also delays losing 1 happiness the instant we get Calendar.

It also gives us time to whip and chop Colossus if we want it.

We get our muskets into place while the 2nd golden age begins.

Then once we get Bio bulbed, we trade for Calendar and DOW Sitting Bull to start farming for a great general.
Should be around T150.

Maybe sneak a spy into SBs capital or northern city and steamroll one of them.

pick my Engineer randomly
I'm pretty sure it's just closest GP, not random.
Not sure what happens if you cross the Prime Meridian.
But ya, we can to the most best safest thing
What's this about holding 'Shift'?
losing 1 happiness the instant we get Calendar
maybe vanilla civ would obsolete monuments with calendar, but it's Astronomy.

I'm pretty sure it's just closest GP, not random.
Not sure what happens if you cross the Prime Meridian.
But ya, we can to the most best safest thing
What's this about holding 'Shift'?

maybe vanilla civ would obsolete monuments with calendar, but it's Astronomy.
Ah, if it is distance based, that explains it. :goodjob:

My solution was always just to hold shift and click on each to select 2 great people, then I activated the golden age.
Good if there is a large stack of great people.

Ah yes, Astro obsoletes monuments, not Calendar.

Not like we need trade routes until we switch to Free Market.

And they're 2 short GAs without MoM.
And with a couple turns to spare! to change back to Slavery/OR/FreeMarket
Ya, I was struggling to remember why I never did what we are currently doing.

I think it is actually rare to have multiple cities with more than 10 food and them with just crappy coastal tiles.

I'm good skipping Astro until after Biology. Are there any other biggish decisions to be made before MG plays the next 2 turns?

Top Bottom