[BTS] SGOTM 26 - Home Slices

Help, our game crashed!
Please replay from the last save exactly as you did it (shouldn't be hard for you guys!!) up to the crash point and save then PM us the files (pre and post crash).

Thanks.

--NZ

Turnset report #4
continuing from here
T132
Moscow is building something, 33h.
+1ep to Peter.

T133
One of SB's galley leaves PP for ivory island.
GP 400 is a great scientist.
Moscow is once again not available for sabtage production. Did he just build a missionary?

T134
SB is teching....Feudalism! 13t to complete it.
Peter just completes calendar and I have no idea what he is doing next.
GP 500 from canal is a great scientist.
Moscow has 33h in build list.

T135
Peter is teching Engineering! It will take him 13t to finish it.
Moscow needs 673ep to sabotage production, 1027 to revolt.
SB's galley is still moving towards ivory island.
Turnset completes
Game paused and uploaded.
Spoiler turn log :

Reference number: 16418
Game: C-IV SGOTM 26
Your team: Home Slices
Your name: MirrorGuard
Date submitted: 2020-07-12
Software Version: BtS 3.19
Game date: 500AD
Total turns played: 135
Session turns played: 6
Player race: Celt
Firaxis score: 1539
Session time played (hh:mm:ss): 01:26:07
Total time played (hh:mm:ss): 41:54:14
Game status: Incomplete
Submitted save: Lady Stoneheart AD-0500_MG_Endof_Turnset.CivBeyondSwordSave
Renamed file: Home_Slices_SG026_AD0500_01.CivBeyondSwordSave

Right click the Renamed File link above to copy it.
You can then paste it into your team post as the download link for the next player.

Here is your Session Turn Log from 350 AD to 500 AD:

Turn 129, 350 AD: The borders of Canal have expanded!

Turn 130, 375 AD: Vasco da Gama (Great Merchant) has been born in Science (Lady Stoneheart)!
Turn 130, 375 AD: You have discovered Economics!
Turn 130, 375 AD: John Dalton (Great Scientist) has been born in Silver (Lady Stoneheart)!

Turn 132, 425 AD: Ernest Rutherford (Great Scientist) has been born in Science (Lady Stoneheart)!

Turn 133, 450 AD: Profit will shrink to size 7 on the next turn.
Turn 133, 450 AD: You have discovered Nationalism!
Turn 133, 450 AD: Nicolaus Copernicus (Great Scientist) has been born in Canal (Lady Stoneheart)!

Turn 134, 475 AD: Peter will trade Calendar
Turn 134, 475 AD: Canal will shrink to size 11 on the next turn.
Turn 134, 475 AD: Whales will shrink to size 9 on the next turn.

You may wish to copy it to Notepad for reference when you write your turn set post. It includes any entries you added with the in-game Chat facility

Here is the updated GPP spreadsheet

Attachments

• Version.WT.Whales149_updated_to_T131.xlsx
    28.9 KB · Views: 96
Great work Mirroguard! :thumbsup:

All the GPP numbers and :food: are where we need them.
We will be able to draft Muskets starting on T136 if we want.

So we are right where we want to be.

1 Great Artist and 3 Great Scientists.
Great Merchant is about to sail west.
We will have 2 chances soon to get another Great Merchant which would free up a trade mission.
If we get Great Engineer + Great Prophet, then Great Artist + Great Prophet will trigger GA, Great Engineer will be kept, and Great Merchant will turn around from sailing to Peter and become our Sushi Great Person.

A shame Sitting Bull didn't pick Alphabet next, but he is world famous for being a pain. :mad:

Canceling Silver to Sitting Bull should slow him down a bit. (Peter will lose his rice which will slow him down too :sad:).
Maybe bribing SB to Caste + Horseback Riding will slow him down 1 turn due to Anarchy, but it might speed up his teching in the longer run?
Not sure.

Hopefully he settles next to the elephant and not on the elephant.
The overseas city might speed him up with trade routes going to +2:gold: since he does not have trade routes with us due to Mercantilism.
Not sure if we should cancel Open Borders with SB and teleport his galley home? :hmm:

Maybe have Science City make a Chariot to kill those pesky scouts.

T135 Real Game Screenshots
Spoiler :

Last edited:
:goodjob: MirrorGuard!
It's nice to have Peter dictating what we have to do (rather than waiting on his random pick)
I was expecting something like this. Like it or not we have to wait for free Eng.
I suspect (hope) he will shave a few turns off that 13t.
Then we have to manage 1t Chem, 1t SM, 1t Bio, 1t Lib (Med) for Sushi
We will need some overflow to get Chem in 1t.

Question: do optics? or wait and wait for Peter on that too?
1 Great Artist and 3 Great Scientists.
Really? I missed that. So Canal's first was an artist?
Not bad. There's no way we can get 2 artists, right?

Great Engineer will be kept,
I suppose this is best in case we get another Artist. Artists can bulb Radio, but I like having Eng + spy from Communism + something for a GAge. Or can GE bulb something?

The plan is to starve Canal this turn, so I don't think we will see population any higher than now for a long time...altho whales is planned to grow.
Anyway, the point is: do we bulb PPress for 1710 right now?

We can spend 11-12t doing GunP, Const (5), Corp (3), PPress, partial Lib(1)

Last edited:
We let SB get pretty far north. Would he even teleport back home from there?
In hindsight, we prolly shoulda closed back in the T90's to get gems 15 turns sooner. I don't know we've gotten any benefit from OB or Friendly.
Would we take HBR? do we have to worry about WFYABTA? It's 22 techs for Peter.

Who's up?

Last edited:
There's no way we can get 2 artists, right?
In the worst case scenario, yes. Science and whales still have 1 great person each.
The overseas city might speed him up with trade routes going to +2:gold: since he does not have trade routes with us due to Mercantilism.
Peter says "I have TR with him! "
Anyway, the point is: do we bulb PPress for 1710 right now?
I think it's the right time now. Unless we give up drafting muskets, the empire is probably at its population peak for next 15t+. I forgot to mention we are paying -1 unit fee for these great people.

In the worst case scenario, yes. Science and whales still have 1 great person each.
Yeah, I meant 'no way we can get 2 artists for the 2nd GAge'

Not sure if we should cancel Open Borders with SB and teleport his galley home? :hmm:
Let's not. I suppose war elephants are easier to kill than longbows and SB will certainly get lb's
Ugh, I think I should fought harder for my plan to walk the GM to Silver. I didn't realize that now we have no galley near SB and we didn't do the canal road. Hmm. What's the fastest we can attack?

I don't want to trap his galley up north, so keep OB and let it sail home.
But, maybe we should prevent it from taking a worker up there? Or just fight elephants?

Bulb Printing Press.
Tech Rifling.
Not sure if you're serious.
I do like that we can draft them, and I think they're just 1 pop (where infantry are 2)
Remember : Dun is obsoleted, so we need to build that first.
If we're gonna build units vs draft, then maybe we'd be better served with Mil.Science, Grenadiers. Cheaper tech, cheaper unit, and they shred the rifles that Peter will likely have.
I was thinking we'd give PPress for Eng, then Peter would research RepParts for us (2800), but the he's surely going to go for Rifling. I guess we just get free Rifling from him and go toe-to-toe.

Last edited:
Closed borders should return SB galley to PP-1w2n.

I’ll see if I can throw together a PPP soon. GP-Optics, I would think. No point in waiting. Meeting AIs and map knowledge is too valuable.

Last edited:
I suppose war elephants are easier to kill than longbows and SB will certainly get lb's
Ugh, I think I should fought harder for my plan to walk the GM to Silver. I didn't realize that now we have no galley near SB and we didn't do the canal road. Hmm. What's the fastest we can attack?

I don't want to trap his galley up north, so keep OB and let it sail home.
But, maybe we should prevent it from taking a worker up there? Or just fight elephants?.
How about beating down on him before he gets Feudalism?

CB now
DoW
Blockade cuts his TRs to Peter.
Pillage the bejeswax out of his cottages.
Do we need another galley?

Another possible trick is to blockade SB at PP-2w1n and Cahokia-2w1n. He might only build naval if we do that, rather than new defenders.

PP only has 1 archer now.

GP-Optics,
thought about this. It does get our galleys in place sooner. It'd be GP(1), Optics (2) if you're planning routes. We'd get Circumnav +1 move on T141.
But is it worth it to waste 936:science: on something we could get free?
I was leaning towards no Optics, but I suppose the only chance we have for free Optics is if Peter picks in next. Otherwise, we would delay Medicine.

Profit would have to do a wb, we have to spend 50g on caravel. We will run out of money.
circumnav is too late to speed up our GM.
Politics down south could be tricky.

I could go either way, but probably no optics is best. Info about the south is mostly non-essential without Astronomy.

Top Bottom