[BTS] SGOTM 26 - Home Slices

Rival worst GNP: 73
Rival average GNP: 113

Blockading both PP and Cahokia = -20cpt at least, I figure. Probably slows SB’s tech rate down 20-40%.

In my experience, he’ll attack our single trireme endlessly. Possibly not attack a two-stack of triremes.

In SG10 we had a pair of privateers blockading Gandhi unattacked, even though Gandhi had about a dozen caravels swimming about. I suppose Gandhi might have a lower attack coefficient. Then again we had a pair blockading every AI with none attacked. Single privateers got attacked immediately.

Safest might be a two-stack at PP. Closer to our seafood.
Huh, Sitting Bull has high unit attack courage.
Our Triremes would do pretty well.

If we decide to fight a minimal war for now, what would suffice to make it worthwhile? Just pillaging improvements? Stone-age SB?

Would siccing Peter on SB slow down Peter’s research?

If we decide to fight a minimal war for now, what would suffice to make it worthwhile? Just pillaging improvements? Stone-age SB?

The goal is to get a Great General mainly.
We can't topple Sitting Bull with just Muskets anymore.

That would imply letting Galleys enter our waters, we crush them at 88% with Trireme and get 6 Great General xp from 1 battle.
But letting SB Galley's enter our waters in between turns is asking to get blockaded in between turns and screwing up our GPP plan in Canal badly.

Sigh, maybe we just build up a force of Muskets and do the SB war after Sushi? :sad:
Once we no longer care about great people and can whip, we can have a nice fun war with SB.

Fighting Catapults, War Elephants, and Longbows is a headache, but the mapmaker did this on purpose giving us SB next door.
I don't think our competition has a power spike to fight SB either to get a Great General, right?

Maybe one of the 4 new AI can be clobbered by Muskets and Trebs once we have Astronomy + Engineering?
That kind of war would be perfectly safe, and we can keep Friendly Sitting Bull.

Last edited:
The goal is to get a Great General mainly.
We can't topple Sitting Bull with just Muskets anymore.

That would imply letting Galleys enter our waters, we crush them at 88% with Trireme and get 6 Great General xp from 1 battle.
But letting SB Galley's enter our waters in between turns is asking to get blockaded in between turns and screwing up our GPP plan in Canal badly.

Sigh, maybe we just build up a force of Muskets and do the SB war after Sushi? :sad:
Once we no longer care about great people and can whip, we can have a nice fun war with SB.
Fighting Catapults, War Elephants, and Longbows is a headache, but the mapmaker did this on purpose giving us SB next door.
Okay. We could post a trireme at PP-2w1n and PP-4w2s and let him suicide repeatedly for 2xp a pop. Keeps our seafood safe and unblockaded. Meanwhile a few muskets pillage gleefully. No WW.

Can we get negmods without WW?

Maybe?
I'm not sure how we can verify SB is getting +3:gold: per turn trade routes with Peter.

Are privateers the only ones that get the GPT during a blockade?
Not sure.

Is there any villainous thing we could do to SB with a spy?
+8 Anger in the capital would be nice
I don't think a spy would make much of a difference though.

Musket pillaging Silk, then pillaging Incense would help more I think.

Okay. We could post a trireme at PP-2w1n and PP-4w2s and let him suicide repeatedly for 2xp a pop. Keeps our seafood safe and unblockaded. Meanwhile a few muskets pillage gleefully. No WW.

Can we get negmods without WW?
World weariness negmods?
I forgot about that. :sad:
I don't remember what the threshold is for +1 anger for Size 12 cities.

Wish we could get Whale tile online.
Optics would make any naval war we fought easier.

+Get HBR from SB and sell it to Peter in case SB can buy a peace treaty with it.

OMG. Peter won't sign trade embargo..

That will cause +1 unhappiness.
We would have to add Compass to get HBR.
I guess that would be ok.
4 strength Explorers are not too bad, just annoying if they stand on forest deer or somesuch.

Trade Embargo?
Oh ya, I don't see it either.
Are we missing a tech? How can we get a trade embargo normally?

1 anger in Cow City for 2 turns won't matter much, but yes it will be there.
The Cow City Great Person arrives next turn T136.

We can't stop Feudalism, only slow it down a little.
Bribing him into Caste and Anarchy 1 turn will help.

It would take a DOW next turn and blockade of both of Sitting Bull's 2 main cities to really slow down Feudalism.

Perhaps put 1 turn of max espionage on SB so he is forced to counter with 20% :espionage: slider against us?

Not sure if that would work, it might not be enough espionage.
He has 1 city somewhat vulnerable to city vision thanks to Confucian religion.

A lost naval battle would potentially be cripping for us, causing our GPP plan to fail.

Last edited:
Even Cannons flinch against Drill I City Garrison III hilltop Longbows.

Maybe we should leave Sitting Bull alone if we are going for a UN victory?
Surely the 4 new AI has a black sheep we can obliterate.

Nobody has been drafted yet.
Nothing has really been spent.

SB was Feud(13) last turn, (11) now. Call it 12t. 700 raw b / 12 = 58 raw bpt.
Only Cahokia has a library.

For example:
Cahokia: 26cpt
PP: 20
Mound: 10
Chaco: 9
Mesa: 9

74cpt = 80 raw bpt at 100%

Sheesh. SB’s lagging. Is he running 70% slider?

Then again, we could probably strangle Sitting Bull pretty hard.

Trireme blockades both his big cities, all the water tiles.

1st Guerilla Musket from the chopped Galley unloads on hilltop Incense T142.
It has 13:strength: on the hill, pillages incense T143, and pillages road T144 cutting Sitting Bull's empire in half.
Spoiler :

No more fur or incense for 2 northern cities.
The 2 northern cities and 3 southern cities become two different worlds.

Only that pesky northern Galley of Sitting Bull throws a wrench in this plan. :cry:
Perhaps it will come back down south enough after unloading so that we can teleport it home?
Bah, then our Trireme would have to fight 2 Galleys.
We are just a boat or two short.

Last edited:
Again I lean towards leaving SB alone.

So we don't get a Great General in the next 30 turns, so what?

West Point (800:hammers:) gets double speed with stone in Canal City (City only has 2 mines)

Heroic Epic gets double speed with marble in Silver City.

The Sitting Bull war was always a war of opportunity of Muskets vs. Archers.
Now the opportunity has mostly vanished, so maybe the war should too.

Top Bottom