[BTS] SGOTM 26 - Home Slices

Is it time to re-evaluate the war against SB?
Question becomes: Can sushi make up the difference? Let's assume the AI would let us save liberalism for Industrialsim (10,000), but we 'wasted' it on Medicine.

We should be able to get, let's say 14-ish resources. If the AI does the same, we could get 10 extra from each AI :eek: That's 74 = 37 food/city.
Even at 60 (30 food/city).

Now we can calculate the steady-state population limit after sushi. Research will be slower than we had expected.

Is it time to re-evaluate the war against SB?

Now we can calculate the steady-state population limit after sushi. Research will be slower than we had expected.

Ahh, if we can get Iron, we can make lots of Drydocks and Privateers.
Get xp that way without war.

Or maybe just invade Charlemagne.

To attack SB, a Friendly AI :hmm: :hmm:

It is quite lovely to have map knowledge.

Okay. I’m done for the day. Think about whether I can play two more turns or if we need to stop and take a step back. For example, we don’t need to finish the chariots if we’re not going down on SB. We could also flip back into Bureau sooner if we don’t need to draft a slew soon. Things like that.

Ahh, if we can get Iron, we can make lots of Drydocks and Privateers.
Get xp that way without war.

Or maybe just invade Charlemagne.

To attack SB, a Friendly AI :hmm: :hmm:
Thing is with conquest, it can drag out. Kind of nice to wipe most out asap. Especially if they’re useless. I guess SB has a bit of sushi.

only reason to stop the SB war is if we decide UN victory.
With conquest, we need to get started (and get the cash rolling in)
SB is the only target we have.
We're not gonna keep him around for +1 food.
It's time for final answer on VC.

United Nations or Conquest right?
Right. Iron finally lets us see Cuirassiers in our future. Probably no reason to bother with siege. Can you tell I'm leaning towards Conquest?
Ideally, we keep the AI away from Engineering (pike)
Let's check on the Elephant sitch...NONE!
The French can live until the Eiffel Tower is built with their Iron. Seems poetic.

I vote conquest. :)

It is more fun and probably faster.
Cuirs, Cannons, Airships, and Drydocks.

Perhaps a few Frigates.
Seems like overkill.
This will be an unusual military game. I can't recall the last time I used an airship. What does it do exactly? collateral dmg max 50%? or?

Maybe we need some outside the box military strategy. spending 2000-3000 hammers + maint costs is a drag on our research.
What is the most cost-effective way to kill em all?

We could just use our 8-10 drafted Muskets and let's say 8 cheap HorseArchers. Wouldn't they be strong enough to clean up after Airships weaken the city? I suppose Airships don't reduce defenses, huh?

Needs some thought.

Perhaps a few Frigates.
This unit rarely crosses my mind either (until GotM 197)
This might be our replacement for Trebs/cannons.
They move around way faster and almost every city on the map is coastal.
We don't need any new tech once we have Astronomy.
Frigates: I'm on-board :cool: Maybe 4 is enough? -8%, but gunpowder based, so ignores walls. So those 4 can take down 60% defenses in 2 turns.

+1 conquest
The new world doesn't provide many sushi, health or happiness resources. Research speed will be the bottleneck. Skipping massmedia and UN will shorten the depth of tech tree.
For the iron trade, we can buy iron with gpt+ deer -> upgrade treb/ trireme-> pillage deer road. Eiffel can do something similar. OF-buy iron build Eiffel-next turn pillage.

For the iron trade, we can buy iron with gpt+ deer -> upgrade treb/ trireme-> pillage deer road. Eiffel can do something similar. OF-buy iron build Eiffel-next turn pillage.
Clever. But if we can get away with horse + deer for iron (or something like that). Let's take the easy way.
I'd be happy to see horse archers as defenders.

Top Bottom