1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[BTS] SGOTM 26 - Home Slices

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Succession GOTM' started by AlanH, Apr 23, 2020.

1. WastinTime

WastinTime Deity Supporter

You mean 2 years.

LowtherCastle likes this.
  2. WastinTime

Not much to say on scouting. I think we have an excess of scouts, so recommend settling 2 cities on T0. Depressing lack of seafood south of us.
    Curious to see NW of us.
    Is there a specific scouting debate open rt now?

3. WastinTime

I think MirrorGuard is right about being based on "Narrow continents" (welcome, btw), and LC is right about it being 'small' amt of land-- even for narrrow continents--my tests were 820-835 tiles.
    We can only hope NZ edited out some of the Ice.
    Circumnav would likely be impossible with an unedited Hi-seas map.

4. Mitchum

Mitchum Deity

Yikes, sorry about that. I hope you get your internet access worked out soon. And you really are playing Civ on your phone!! haha

I agree that moving the settler at wine-SW one tile SW (i.e. onto the deer resource) to see if there is any seafood in the fog. I don't think that move would be considered too controversial, but you never know. I think just one settler scouting the Great Northwest will be fine.

I also think moving the settler at wine-NW W-NW makes sense to see if there are any goodies up that way that might pull us of the PH.

Hey, the screenshot in the new pre-game announcement has fewer unfogged tiles in the NW than what was there originally. Same thing in the SW. Before, we could see that those tiles were empty. I think NZ had them defogged by mistake...

MirrorGuard (i.e. MG if you don't mind :)), we use a lot of acronyms so please ask if you're not sure what we mean.

5. WastinTime

Approval rate is high (83) what does that mean? They have happy resources pre-connected?
    I am predicting that NZ is going to give us all the happy resources so each city can become a huge, wonderful, non-overlapping megalopolis.
    Barren land everywhere except the AI capitals.

6. Mitchum

Mitchum Deity

Noble Zarkon and LowtherCastle like this.
  7. Mitchum

Mitchum Deity

That's the same approval rating as the test game...

8. WastinTime

Never trust a mapmaker.

Noble Zarkon likes this.
  9. WastinTime

Oh, i checked a test game and saw ~50%. Probably nothing to glean here then.

10. Mitchum

Mitchum Deity

Agreed. Our proposed scout moves were based on the unfogged tiles in the original screenshot. Because some of those tiles are now fogged, the originally-proposed scout moves need to change.

11. LowtherCastle

LowtherCastle Deity

Amazing spot, Mitchum. :goodjob: I’m gonna go ahead and make the scout moves you recommended most recently.

12. Mitchum

Mitchum Deity

Then are you going to drive back to Starbucks to upload another screenshot? If so, can you pick up a latte for me? :coffee:

13. LowtherCastle

LowtherCastle Deity

Turnset 1: 4000 bc -

T0
    Set2 se. No seafood but two more fogged coastal that set5 could defog going se-sw.
    Set7 se-se. Reveals 3 plains hills plus one fogged. Another fogged lake due east.
    Set5 se. All fogged coastal tiles across bottom. Se-se, No seafood. Reachable (offshore?) land tile at wines-8s.
    Set3 sw reveals nada.
    Set4 w-nw reveals the tundra river continuing nw.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2020
  14. LowtherCastle

LowtherCastle Deity

Settle gems as our capital then cows?

15. LowtherCastle

LowtherCastle Deity

Starbucks close by is temp closed... Have to go to the Dunkin Donuts or Macs. You want a double cheese donut or some Big Holes?

16. Mitchum

Mitchum Deity

That's what I did in my testing but we haven't fully agreed on the MM yet. Are you planning to play around in the test game first?

17. Mitchum

Mitchum Deity

W-NW, yes? I assume that what you found in the real save matches what we saw in the original pre-game announcement, correct?

18. LowtherCastle

LowtherCastle Deity

Corrected. Nw. Yes, matches.

Do you mean play around the settling order?

19. LowtherCastle

LowtherCastle Deity

I thought WT was decided on gems as capital. Seems stronger long term. Especially with wet rice. Coastal capital gives us exploring wb sooner but delays rices and sheep massively. Is there really a choice?

Or did you mean work out MM before playing on? If so, yes I thought we would settle and I could upload I suppose. Or not. In any case I need to optimize the MM yes, before moving on.

20. Mitchum

Mitchum Deity

Yes, we did have consensus on gems as our capital. I just wouldn't do any settling at all until we've agreed on our MM through AH and possibly through Mysticism as well. I don't see a need to upload the save now unless someone else wants to fog gaze.

I'm fairly confident that we'll find a great city location in the next handful of turns that will mess up all of our planned MM but it's good to have a solid plan involving just the first two cities and we can adjust accordingly.