1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[BTS] SGOTM 26 - Home Slices

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Succession GOTM' started by AlanH, Apr 23, 2020.

1. Mitchum

Mitchum Deity

Do you think it's possible that a game that waits until T100+ to settle the last city or two could compete with a game where all 7 cities are settled in the first 50 turns? I feel like we should settle the first 2 cities very early, cities 3 through 5 as soon as we discover decent sites and cities 6 and 7 a tad later (i.e. when we can afford them) but not waiting for Astro or some later-game point.

2. LowtherCastle

LowtherCastle Deity

Wow that was fast! Thanks, Mitchem. Think you could put all that stuff in spoilers by any chance?

3. WastinTime

WastinTime Deity Supporter

Assuming we have decent sites, my gut feeling is to do 3 ASAP and drop all 7 as soon as we reached 'the critical techs' which is possibly just Alpha, or maybe also Currency. This is that perfect time to let the AI catch up and invest in your future bpt rate.

4. Noble Zarkon

Noble Zarkon Elite Quattromaster - Emperor (BTS) Moderator Hall of Fame Staff Supporter GOTM Staff

:thumbsup::cool:

5. Mitchum

Mitchum Deity

Done. Not sure why it was broken into two spoiler tags per message because I only have it once but I'm not going to occupy my two brain cells to figure it out.

LowtherCastle likes this.
  6. Mitchum

Mitchum Deity

Weekends normally aren't the best time for me; lots of distractions with the family. If the saves come out in the next day or two, I'll contribute as much as possible.

I think we need a roster so that everyone knows who's playing when. LC, since you have the first post so that's your job. :goodjob:

I assume that WT, Kait, LC (once he figures out how to play CIV on his phone) and I are all willing to play turns. Once the new guys check in, we'll have to find out their situation.

7. Mitchum

Mitchum Deity

I just ask that if anyone is looking at the real save, don't accidentally give one of our cities away to the AI since that would be game over this time. :mischief: :lol:

I have to say, giving a city away probably ended up being the winning move in that game. It opened our eyes to tech stealing which wasn't even on our radar initially.

8. Mitchum

Mitchum Deity

LowtherCastle and Noble Zarkon like this.
  9. babybluepants

babybluepants Deity GOTM Staff

That's a lot of reading. I'll try to catch up this weekend. This is one complicated game. :crazyeye:
    Already on the sign-up sheet. :deal:

10. babybluepants

babybluepants Deity GOTM Staff

:lol: Can't believe that was 10 years ago!

LowtherCastle likes this.
  11. LowtherCastle

LowtherCastle Deity

Updated first two posts.

12. Kaitzilla

Kaitzilla Lord Croissant

After testing the AP very carefully, the vote to assign an AI city to us simply never appears with One City Challenge enabled. :sad:
    Not an AI city, nor a city we gifted.

I even went the extra step of moving the capital to another city, gifting the old capital away (which should open up the number 1 city slot in the F1 domestic menu), and then trying to get it back with the AP.
    No luck.

13. WastinTime

Hmm. we seem to be short one, game-breaking idea--unlike the recent SG's. (if you can call 2 and 3 years ago 'recent') I thought with all the maintenance of 7 cities in early game that we might do some turns in STRIKE. If workers didn't get sacrificed, we'd be in business.
    Refreshing my memory, it's :
    turn 1 : 0 units lost,
    turn 2 : 1 unit lost,
    turn 3: 1 unit lost again?
    turn 4: 2 units lost...

I'll keep thinking.

14. LowtherCastle

LowtherCastle Deity

Iirc, warriors outside borders are the first to die.

15. WastinTime

I imagine ya'all saw the saves are out Wednesday. Start your engines! Warm up your favorite emojis...
    :ar15::assimilate::deadhorse::woohoo::trophy::badcomp::backstab:

Kaitzilla likes this.
  16. Mitchum

Mitchum Deity

LC, you're up. Other than fog gazing, is there any other move(s) you plan to make on T0 before requesting feedback from the team? If we plan this out now, we can get started right out of the gate. ;)

17. Mitchum

Mitchum Deity

We can work out the 2-city MM but I guess we need to confirm that we're settling both PH tiles on T0 first which needs the scouting report.

18. LowtherCastle

LowtherCastle Deity

Right. I’ll download the save tomorrow and follow the movement plan we had set up early on in our discussion. Hopefully I’ll manage that by noon tomorrow Eastern time. Think this is it (p. 8):

Last edited: Apr 28, 2020
  19. Mitchum

Mitchum Deity

We had talked about only having one settler go NW as that is likely a dead end. I'm fine either way. Settler at deer-NE tells us nothing on T0 so he'd be the one to go eastward if we chose that option.

20. WastinTime

Green light!:viking: