[BTS] SGOTM 26 - The Indecisive

The proposed moves do not include settling S1 so a bit more information before continuing this debate would be beneficial. Go.

Good, I will do the moves once I stop working.

I made the moves and have found nothing. Download the saves and have a look.

It looks like getting Sailing early should be very good here. We may find better food spots on an other land mass and overseas trade routes will help our commerce.

S1 should wait one more turn.
S4 should move SW, NW
S7 could move SE, SE to the hill and see what they can find.
S5 should move NE, SE/E
S3 move NW

PPP turn 1-2:

Stop if:
Meeting an AI

Moves:
S1 skip turn
S3 move NW
100% tax
no research

Turn 2:
S4 move SW, NW
S7 move SE, SE
S5 move NE, SE/E
save before commiting S2, S1 and S3.

Had a quick look at the save. Looks like its a peninsula to the north west (coastline visible west of furs), no landfood available, may or may not be seafood as yet unrevealed but not really close enough to affect decision on S1.

Progress! Plan looks fine.

Do have one possibility to submit for consideration:

NW peninsula needs exploring. What about moving S3 NW this turn (onto the discussed alternate city site 1S of S1"s present location? We could then either settle him next turn or move him to S1's present position and move S1 off the hill to help explore the peninsula?

Progress! Plan looks fine.

Do have one possibility to submit for consideration:

NW peninsula needs exploring. What about moving S3 NW this turn (onto the discussed alternate city site 1S of S1"s present location? We could then either settle him next turn or move him to S1's present position and move S1 off the hill to help explore the peninsula?

Moving S3 NW is already in the PPP.

Had a quick look at the save. Looks like its a peninsula to the north west (coastline visible west of furs), no landfood available, may or may not be seafood as yet unrevealed but not really close enough to affect decision on S1.

If S4 can settle W,W or W, SW it would make settling S3 one S of S1 a good idea. So I do not agree that it would not affect decision on S1. Please explain why you think we can settle now where S1 should settle.

I will play this if I get one more go.

I meant that we have no new information that would strengthen sip or 1S and so the argument remains unchanged.

Maybe we could all try playing sip or S1 up to e.g. t40 to compare at least the short term merits of either location.

Until we can get a decision on this the game will remain stalled :nono:.

Moving S3 NW is already in the PPP. Yes, it is. I was wondering if you saw any merit to moving S1 to help explore the peninsula this turn -- potentially giving up a turn (if we decide to settle on S1's plains hill and not 1S) in exchange for that quicker exploration and perhaps quicker settling of another city? If S1 were to move this turn, and no seafood is revealed by S4, then S3 would move onto the plains hill next turn in p[reparation for settling there, and S1 would continue to explore the peninsula.

If S4 can settle W,W or W, SW it would make settling S3 one S of S1 a good idea. So I do not agree that it would not affect decision on S1. Please explain why you think we can settle now where S1 should settle. Yes, if we move S4 SW, NW (as you plan) then we will have revealed all tiles we need to see to make the needed decision.

I will play this if I get one more go.
Whatever you want to do about moving S1 this turn, you have a GO here.

Namnlös.png
We found clams in the west. In the east we found wheat and more fur.

There are many options here. I can't tell which one is the best option. I will need to play out a couple of scenarios.

Getting it done, folket. Anxious to learn how your scenarios tests.

One scenario, which I'm sure you will look at, is settling S3 1S, moving S1 to the plains hill and then out onto the peninsula, and perhaps settling S4 on the forested tundra next to the clams.

Also, would consider moving S7 E,NE and if no resources spotted, then SW,SW and settle on the plains hill with coast and fresh water.

S5 might move S and, even if seafood is revealed making the forested tundra a potential city site, go ahead and move NE to reveal ocean. The info might be worth delaying settling a turn.

Last edited:
Sorry, I do not have much time to play during weekdays. If someone wants to take over now that would be fine otherwise I will present a plan on Sunday. I think an early goal should be to get sailing and later the great lighthouse. It seems likely we will have 6 coastal cities and getting a galley will probably allow us to settle more attractive spots on neighboring islands.

Sorry, I do not have much time to play during weekdays. If someone wants to take over now that would be fine otherwise I will present a plan on Sunday. I think an early goal should be to get sailing and later the great lighthouse. It seems likely we will have 6 coastal cities and getting a galley will probably allow us to settle more attractive spots on neighboring islands.
So what do you propose as the victory condition with this strategy? Building TGL takes the UN diplomatic victory off the table.

Moderator Action: Fixed formatting --NZ

Last edited by a moderator:
At the moment I think AP victory is preferable.

There's a sheep island to the north and coastline visible to the south so there is a possibility of overseas cities depending on exploration.

More immediately any further thoughts on location of S1, starting builds and starting techs? First things first.

More immediately any further thoughts on location of S1 (see post #194 for one possibility), starting builds (workers, fishing boats, or monuments, depending on where we settle and what we research first, which will depend on testing) and starting techs (like Myst, but, again, anxious to learn what folket thinks after testing) ? First things first.

Reiterating: PW, have you gotten your Hof mod problem resolved?

Top Bottom