SGOTM3 Rome - Announcement and Sign Up Thread.

samildanach said:
PTW for me. I hate moving workers, military units around one at a time.
Well, as you may just possibly be aware, I play vanilla. But I don't move workers or units around one at a time either. My Mac has a J key, just like yours, and I use it :)

AlanH said:
Well, as you may just possibly be aware, I play vanilla. But I don't move workers or units around one at a time either. My Mac has a J key, just like yours, and I use it :)

Well what do you know! I looked and there it was...... a "J" key. I feel like I'm learning new stuff all the time. :) Although I'm missing my F3,F4 and escape keys after the keyboard throwing GOTM 30 induced "episode". I guess I might as well use while its still there.

mad-bax said:
I know a good lawyer who I may ask to draft a legally robust document, as I am apparently lacking the necessary grasp of the english language. :joke:
No you aren't. Folks just want to find a way around the obvious. :gripe:

I've never played a GOTM before, and I figure this should be a good place to start. :viking:
1. I'm able to use either vanilla or PTW, but prefer the latter.
2. I would prefer not to play the variant, but will play it if absolutely necessary.
3. I'm solid at Monarch; I sometimes win at Emperor.
4. I have no team in mind.

I.Larkin said:
4. King Alexander: Monarch -.
I'm currently playing Emperor in my own epic games(sometimes lose, sometimes win: I'm learning to trade better for techs, I think, that's the key in high levels).

Come to think of it, 4 months before, I was still playing Chieftain, because I wanted all the Great Wonders for myself :) , and I didn't pay attention to micromanaging.

EDIT: I can play Vanilla, PTW or C3C.

EDIT 2: I'll go with the team Ivan.

In response to an earlier question... I have removed the squid from the scenario. This is to make the game playable without any downloads other than the starting save. I have (over)compensated for this however. ;)

Can I play please?

Software: any
variant: errmm.. I s'pose I have to
level: emperor/deity on a good day.
team: staff

I am of course spoilered. However, the staff are extremely busy, and a four man ( ;) ) roster makes life difficult for them. In order to be able to enter a staff team I need to play. I promise I will use my knowledge of the map to the minimum extent required to win the competition. :joke:

If anyone has any objection to this please say so, either here or by PM.

mad-bax said:
Ummmm.. that depends. I suspect that the team you play with will not object. ;)

Seriously - if we can't trust you, who can we ... wait a dadgum minute... we can't trust you whether or not you're playing the game... You'll still throw us curveballs! :p

I vote for Mad-Bax playing. Whoever beats the team he's on will just find it that much more satisfying. Unless he's on the same team as me. In which case, I look forward to being on a better team with better leadership than the one I was on in SGOTM2. :crazyeye:

mad-bax said:
Can I play please?

It is good that you ask. Since a number of players already participated in gotm16 (on which this game is based) and/or may have read the spoiler threads of that game, I see no reason why you should be excluded from participation. It might be appropriated however, that you play last, since the initial moves are the most critical and AFAIK you have modified the starting position.

PS: IIRC other staff members also monitor the teams' threads and we also trust them to not use any knowledge gained to their unfair advantage.

mad-bax said:
Can I play please?
Wearing a blindfold? One arm tied behind your back? :D

After all the hard work you've put into these games you deserve to play. :goodjob:

Ted

mad-bax said:
Can I play please?
I give you permission to play :king:
mad-bax said:
As Ted Jackson said, you DESERVE to play. Remember: the important thing playing Civ, is to have fun. I play for fun, otherwise I wouldn't touch the game(or should I say, I wouldn't play SGOTM's)!

tao said:
PS: IIRC other staff members also monitor the teams' threads and we also trust them to not use any knowledge gained to their unfair advantage.
Actually I don't look at other team threads. But if I did have to, you have my word for it that my rate of loss of brain cells is such that I would instantly forget anything I saw. :D

IIRC that is almost excectly what Karasu said in our thread a while ago...:lol:

Karasu was monitoring threads whilst I was on holiday. A responsible person must do this. Normally I would inform a moderator when a thread/post requires attention, and the moderator would then take any necessary action.

Having a staff team in the competition is a great idea IMNSHO ;) as it presents a target and an incentive to teams to beat their score for the bragging rights that go with the acheivement. For this reason the staff team needs to be reasonably strong, and must be able to complete the game in good time.

I have no objection to your playing. After all, we have you to thank for all of this.

mad-bax said:
Having a staff team in the competition is a great idea IMNSHO ;) as it presents a target and an incentive to teams to beat their score for the bragging rights that go with the acheivement. For this reason the staff team needs to be reasonably strong, and must be able to complete the game in good time.
I agree M-B, but they should be required to play the variant. :mischief: None of this wimping out stuff like in SGOTM 02. :p Dominiation, really now!!:rolleyes: :lol: :lol:

Karasu said:
@leif, here you go! :lol: We're bound to the variant ;)
That's the best news I've had all day!! :cool: See you on the other side, hopefully, with some sort of leafy thing, and not the wooden spoon! :eek:

AlanH said:

Moving units in stacks works in vanilla too? :hmm: I never knew... I thouhg it was PTW and C3C only.

@mad-bax

I have to resign, has nothing to do with fact you are playing ;) but I'm moving on a new apartment and propably lose Internet Connection.

Top Bottom