SGOTM4 Carthage - Results, congratulations and commiserations.

Absolutely! You'd have to take out all but 1 civ, and leave it with 1 city, tundra or Island, surrounded by Naval vessels - typical milking situation. I guess the choice would be, finish the Conquest taking a chance that someone else beats you, or go Histographic and get Best Date for certain!

How the mighty are fallen. It looks like zamint3 and Mauer were fairly important members of our team.
Congratulations to Offa for having the brains and guts to go for conquest, and also to the teams that managed cultural victory a hundred turns before us.

dmanakho said:
Great game!

My suggestion to M-B is to make SGOTMs as hard as possible so every team plays on the edge of loosing... That will make any victory more valuable even for the teams who don't get laurels.
I don't want change a subject of this thread and i also like to see how many people share my opinion. May be M-B can create a poll asking if we want every SGOTM game to be the "extreme" games, or keep rotating difficulty levels like we have it in regular GOTMs.

I think the Rome game was too difficult. If you read the threads you will find that there was a distinct loss of harmony within some of the teams that lost towards the end, and a lot of people stopped playing afterwards. If it stops being friendly, then it stops being fun.

Now that I am creating new maps for SGOTM it should be possible to create scenarios that suit the variant. How well I'll manage that only time will tell.
The current game is my first official map, and I wanted to make it interesting rather than difficult. The next game is considerably more difficult.

If you would like to start a poll on difficulty level then please feel free to do so. I do not have sole ownership of thread starting in the SGOTM forum. If enough people participate in the poll then I will act on its' result.

I don't want this discussion to continue in this thread, but look forward to participating in it again within the thread for the poll you are about to post. ;)

Top Bottom