SGOTM 10 - Results and Congratulations

AlanH

Mac addict, php monkey
Hall of Fame Staff
GOTM Staff
Supporter
SGOTM10, England vs. Dr Evil of the Barbarians.

This game was clearly too easy ;) All ten teams who set out to defeat the wannabe-Civ4-barbs succeeded, playing in their own individual styles.

It was a close finish, with klarius snatching the Laurels from Team Liz by just two turns. Perhaps the most surprising result is The A Team, finishing only another six turns later, who took third place AND the Wooden Spoons for the lowest Jason score!

The dates when Dr Evil and his nasty artillery bit the dust were:

570 AD: klarius
590 AD: Team Liz
650 AD: The A Team
950 AD: Wotan
1090 AD: Smurkz
1240 AD: FuzzyWuzzy Psycho Bunnies
1390 AD: tao
1455 AD: Peanut
1460 AD: Cats & Dogs
1515 AD: Xteam

Xteam deserve a mention for achieving Conquest and Domination on the same turn as defeating the barbarians. As a result they uniquely got to meet Dr Evil in person on the end-game darts board. If you haven't already done so, visit the tail end of their thread to see who you were fighting for 5000 years or so.

The Conquests Laurel for fastest variant finish is awarded to:-

Team klarius
klarius
Crakie
Northern Pike
Offa,
Own,
Ronald

The recipients of The Wooden Spoon for the lowest Jason score are:-

The A Team
killercane,
hendrickszoon,
Obormot,
socralynnek,
ThERat,
TimBentley

Please join me in congratulating everyone who participated.

Full results and detailed stats are available here

Congratulations to the winners! :)
We (Smurkz) will get you next time.. ;)

And, as always, a huuuuge :thanx: to AlanH and Gyathaar for giving us all this fun! You're the best! :love:

4th quickest finish. :p

Congratulations Team Klarius and The A Team. :thumbsup: and thanks to Alan, Gyathaar, and the SGOTM staff for another great SGOTM.

Congrats to the winners and thanks for a very fun game. We had a blast playing.

I'd like to praise Xteam for not only finishing after us, but also gaining a higher Jason. Both things we the Cats & Dogs could've aimed for were theirs, so :hatsoff:

Great work Alan and Gythaaar! Congrats to everyone for the great finishes.

what? we got the wooden spoon? that's 'interesting' really :crazyeye: Anyway congrats to team klarius by beating us a few turns. It would have been nice to win fastest AND get the wooden spoon.
and thanks to AlanH and Gyathaar. Hope we will another session soon.

ThERat said:
what? we got the wooden spoon? that's 'interesting' really :crazyeye: Anyway congrats to team klarius by beating us a few turns. It would have been nice to win fastest AND get the wooden spoon.
and thanks to AlanH and Gyathaar. Hope we will another session soon.
I don't get that either. Xteam deserves it. :lol:

Congrats to Team Klarius and all who braved the mighty Barb Fortress! :cool:

I thought I saw Alan's face in Dr. Evil's picture frame, but I wasn't quite sure?
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks for a great game!!! :thanx:

EDIT -
Whomp said:
I don't get that either. Xteam deserves it. :lol:
Nothing like coming in last in date and first in Jason. Got to have style!! :p
:lol: :lol: :lol:

I think the definition of the spoons is skewed, it should be the opposite of the laurels and adapt with the game, but heh, Xteam does have some style in the finish, here.

I was happy we didn't have the slowest date! and I was sure we would be eating with wooden implements Congrats to Team Klarius for winning a close contest! Way to go Team Liz to put the pressure on!

Thanks to the SGOTM staff for providing a fun competition!

Yeah, congrats to team Klarius! Awesome performance! :wow: :worship:

Thanks to Gyathaar for another nice variant. :goodjob:

Tough to be beaten by just two turns but at least we have some room for improvement...:rolleyes:

Let's go on with SGotm 11! :drool:

Then I've failed again :(. In spite of my best efforts to persuade you, you haven't read the SGOTM Reference Thread:

SGOTM Reference Thread said:
The Wooden Spoon is awarded to the members of the team that achieve the lowest Jason Score

I was aware of it, I just find it odd every time ;)

Maybe in the next SG :mischief:

Hey, will someone please post a shot of Dr. Evil?

Great game folks.

The Results table lists Jason score ... at least it does in my browser.

There's a Firaxis Base Score graph, but I don't see any point in graphing Jason score, as the in-game Jason score is simply Firaxis multiplied by a constant factor, so the shape is the same.

Jason score only affects the Wooden Spoon award. For this game, there's only one team that achieved a Jason victory bonus - Xteam. And their final Jason score without finishing bonus was over 2000, exceeding The A Team's score of 900-and-something by a considerable margin.

Horrey!!!
Congrat, A team! You all play well! Can't wait when SGTOM 11 anounsed...
Ivan

Warmest thanks to Gyathaar and Alan for another clever variant and another smoothly run game. :clap:

Top Bottom