1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

SGOTM4 - Team Bede

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Succession GOTM (SGOTM)' started by mad-bax, Sep 19, 2004.

1. TimBentley

TimBentley Deity

2. Bede

Bede Deity

:hmm:, that looksa promising.

3. fbouthil

fbouthil Occasional Mercenary

I am guessing Bede had a scoop he could not reveal and has setup preparation practise games for the team. :mischief:

4. Bede

Bede Deity

First I read about was right here, thanks to TimB. :hatsoff: to your intelligence service Tim.

Although it is not surprising that "great minds think alike" eh, M-B? :D :mischief:

5. mad-bax

mad-bax Deity GOTM Staff

Great game guys!. The win is confirmed.

Actually I nearly changed my mind about OBCC when I read of your games Bede, but iit *was* just a coincidence.

6. AlanH

AlanH Mac addict, php monkey Moderator Hall of Fame Staff Supporter GOTM Staff

I'm trying to help MB put together the final team rosters for the next game. Only Bede, MOTH ad Tim Bentley have signed up, as individuals, and no one has said the team will be playing intact as far as I can tell. What are your intentions?

7. fbouthil

fbouthil Occasional Mercenary

Sorry guys, but I don't have time for another SG. I think it is a shame that this team splits up because we seemed to get along pretty well, but that's not for me to say since I won't be part of SGOTM5.

BTW, the announcement of SGOTM5 has just shown up in the news, on the last sign-up day! Don't you think you should give a bit more time for people to sign-up? You might get more new players if you gave them more time to sign-up. Anyway, this is just a suggestion for the next SGOTM: announce it earlier.

EDIT: I just realize that I would have been too late, even if I wanted to join! :lol:

8. AlanH

AlanH Mac addict, php monkey Moderator Hall of Fame Staff Supporter GOTM Staff

Sign-ups are still possible after the game starts. A complete extra team was created after the start last time. The news problem was because of the clash with the GOTM37 announcement, plus a day or so of real life delay.

9. Bede

Bede Deity

Sorry I missed the note but since Team Bede from SGOTM4 has gone on to Bede04A&B I figured that we wouldn't continue in SGOTM5.

BTW, I really like the opportunity provided by this series to meet other players.

10. MOTH

MOTH Emperor

I too like to meet new players. For SGOTM5 Tim and I are on team MOTH, with 3 other players (including 1 with a post count of 1). I didn't note who is on team Bede this time around, but good luck and best wishes for a good conquest!

11. Bede

Bede Deity

Got a good bunch, I think. Good luck and good penguin hunting MOTH.

12. Zakharov

Zakharov Academician

Fourth place.

I'm not sure how we could have finished much earlier, apart from some extra leaders whilst building those AA and early MA wonders. A good game all round. A 1780AD win is nothing to ashamed of as far as I'm concerned. :)

I do believe these results completely vindicate my rant in post #287 about Jason scoring favouring Conquest wins. I know this is irrelevant to the gold laurel race, but it shows why I don't play the GOTM/COTM competition.

I believe 3 of you are playing in SGOTM5, so good luck with that. I will keep an eye on the game and will be supporting my former teammates. ;)

The reason I'm not playing this game is the one I stated in Bede's refectory table thread - I hate tundra! :crazyeye: Hopefully I will be back for SGOTM6 depending on the terrain (although I will probably play SCOTM having seen m-b's latest announcement).

Thanks for the game guys. :beer:

13. Bede

Bede Deity

Thanks to all for a valiant effort. The top three cultural finishes could have been covered by a blanket.

As for the early domination/conquest wins getting the advantage in the scoring I couldn't agree more. Even getting a high scoring other condition requires relentless focus towards domination in the early phases, as the scoring system rewards territory/population.

With the 5CC restriction that bonus was off the table yet a cultural victory just barely reached >50% score of the conquest win.

Easier to tear down than to build I guess....though I don't mean to devalue Team Offa's achievement. Putting together the force to crush the world out of five cities on an island by 860AD is a feat.