SGOTM8 - Ivan

I wanted to leave honor to someone else, but will finish later on tonight unless someone posts a got it.
What's supposed to be in the final spoiler? A sum of the strats we used mistakes we made and stuf like that? I'll make something up tomorrow unless someone else must be wiling.

nerovats said:
I wanted to leave honor to someone else, but will finish later on tonight unless someone posts a got it.
What's supposed to be in the final spoiler? A sum of the strats we used mistakes we made and stuf like that? I'll make something up tomorrow unless someone else must be wiling.
Yes, please write. I may add something if will find useful.
Since we did not wrote first spoiler we may write our history from very beginig.
Most important is key elemrnts of our strategy: Early GA, wars and hopes, reputation losts,
Iron colony, date of Flight research. It looks that team tao has similar strategy, so we may compare.

We'll just took 2 turns, but have to press enter the get victory so our date is 1520AD. We're rembred as Lincoln the magnificent, Firaxis 5011, Jason 6637.
Took a screenie and uploaded file.

Good. IMHO that quality of teams increase from SGTOM5. Good strategy is not enough for win.
Minor things like bpt/gpt carefull calculation was very important at this game. also, I think our war/trade strategy also was not optimal. Thanks Bede and Obormot we avoid wooden spoon.
Only peanut may have lower result in civ3/ptw groupe.
Ivan

I still think it was a major mistake not to take the Japanese city on the Japanese/Roman continent in the begining. But that was probably the only big one.

Now the long read begins, or must we first post the final spoiler?
Some other teams must already have finished before us as there are no posts in their threads for days. This probably means we're among of the latest finishers.

Well done!

You can read the other threads now. Your only constraint is you can't post in the final spoiler discussions until you post your own final spoiler.

Another enjoyable SGOTM. This is the last time this Team played together, as Ivan will leave for Brazil as the job requires, and other members are very busy. Anyway, I enjoyed all of our games, and I believe, I became a better player, especially in micromanagement(in SGOTM3 I didn't knew how a settler factory worked...), and more offensive one(since I used to build temples and cathedrals, losing time for my attacks).

I enjoyed all variants and maps so far(from mad-bax and Gyathaar), as well as the assistance of AlanH and ainwood, when I needed it(for some issues).

Right now, I don't know for sure if I'll have time for the next SGOTM, will see...

nerovats said:
I still think it was a major mistake not to take the Japanese city on the Japanese/Roman continent in the begining. But that was probably the only big one.

Now the long read begins, or must we first post the final spoiler?
Some other teams must already have finished before us as there are no posts in their threads for days. This probably means we're among of the latest finishers.
Not sure.We also miss conehead idea to settle near iron. Fortunately Colony compensate it a bit. Our strategical mistake was that we drug AIs to war (Rome and Japan) and trade was difficult.
I overestimate AI research rate, in fact we could do them stronger and research faster.
Also IMHO K-Alex war with Greeks was below Emperor standarts. In addition I think Adrian miss some opportunities for trade and had (always) wrong tendency reduce Scinse rate.
Anything else?

We´ll in hindsight we should have stopped research with tanks I only used a chopper a couple of time because otherwise they would have been a total waste. They did not influence the win date. I got an english city on their continent by bombing it until it had nothing in it, except for 1HP riflemen. They would gladly hand it over for peace. Rush airport, airship 20 tanks turn after that ... Stopping research would have given the opportunity to rush more earlier and take a couple of turns off.

Hi guys

I was reading the other threads. Teams that did better than us used the following tactic.

Gift 3 or 4 cities to the AI.
Declare War
Take the cities back.
The AI's will usually give up cities at this point.

That´s a good start. If you can´t get over there, let them come here.
Even so, we could have had a foothold at about 50AD (or was is even BC).

nerovats said:
That´s a good start. If you can´t get over there, let them come here.
Even so, we could have had a foothold at about 50AD (or was is even BC).
My mistake was to drug anybody to war vs Japan for contact with vikings.
MAs very valuble thing to loose it for City that early. Anyhow this taktics (gift and demand later) is tremendows idea. It may also work in conventional games.
BTW, welcome from Brasilia!
Ivan

Top Bottom