Shacknews Civ 5 review: No save games in multiplayer?

Can you provide evidence for this "Majority" claim?

Either way, they can listen to your "Majority" and still not enforce it for the rest of us by having an option. So there's really no need to argue on this.

I said this time and again: yes they can have options for everything they can conceive of, but it makes things increasingly tedious and messy. There are probably many things that would make a few people happy that aren't options in multiplayer just to make things less redundant for everyone else.

And I've literally played at least two thousand hours over the past 3 years online if that makes my claim any more relevant to you.

We arent talking about putting option in for everything that can be convieved of, we're talking about an option to stop somthing being removed that is present in single player.

Personally id be happy for animation to be forced on, but then if people made a thread asking for an option to turn them off id see no reason to butt in.

Also to your last point. No, no it doesnt.

We arent talking about putting option in for everything that can be convieved of, we're talking about an option to stop somthing being removed that is present in single player.

Yes, removing it so it doesn't slow other people down.
Personally id be happy for animation to be forced on, but then if people made a thread asking for an option to turn them off id see no reason to butt in.

You're in a minority. As someone that apparently doesn't play online you have little basis to refute me.

Also to your last point. No, no it doesnt.
I have no reason to listen to someone about the opinions of multiplayer that doesn't actually play multiplayer, and if the views of someone that does play a lot online means nothing to you then deal with the fact that at the end of the day the developers thought that turning off animations was the smarter decision.

Youre missing my point, i dont care if you listen to me, unless you happen to work at firaxis :p

But like i said, an option is an option. No need to argue :)

Youre missing my point, i dont care if you listen to me, unless you happen to work at firaxis :p

Obviously the developers at Firaxis considered allowing combat animations in multiplayer since it was in Civ 4 and is in the single player for Civ 5. They decided not to allow it; so, I guess I don't care if you listen to me either. It is what it is.

I have played thousands of hours online of civ 1 2 3 and 4 and now I'm playing civ 5 online ... I want animations online. (granted only I only played 4 online until today) I still owned and played them all right from the start. I even bought the terrible game known as civ rev.

I'll play either way but to say that it helps when people do in fact want it doesn't change how we feel.

I only play with RL freinds when playing ...when the barbs attack and the other civs attack me at the start of the turn I have no idea what just happened because everything goes down instantly without any animations. I end up spending more time trying to figure out what just happened than it would have to watch the animations.

as for saving which was what this original thread was about you can hit control S to save the game at anytime. its just not on the main menu for some reason.

and as for the simultaneous turns well thats how I have played civ 4 from the start so that doesn't bother me at all. But i won't tell others to suck it up and just play with it ...there should be options. thats what civ is all about.

If you want animations and save games in multiplayer stop complaining here and do it here ( http://forums.2kgames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=87564 ). While devs/PR reps may check out varying other 3rd party sites, there is no substitute for posting on their forums. If enough people voice their opinion we can only hope they can put it in.
2k Greg said in that thread
Right now there is no way to play multiplayer with unit move and attack animations. There is a technical reason for this that is complicated (it's not just a checkbox they can throw in,) but the developers will be evaluating what it will take to allow animations in multiplayer in the future. No promises at this point, but I will pass along your comments.

I'm honestly completely turned off by the MP with no animations and especially no saves.

If you want animations and save games in multiplayer stop complaining here and do it here ( http://forums.2kgames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=87564 ). While devs/PR reps may check out varying other 3rd party sites, there is no substitute for posting on their forums. If enough people voice their opinion we can only hope they can put it in.

I'm honestly completely turned off by the MP with no animations and especially no saves.

well there is saves ...hit control s while playing in multi.

Yeah, I forgot the point of this thread was no save games in MP, that's total BS rumor mongering, lol.

Yea...me and my girlfriend finally got together to play this looong-awaited game, absolutely frothing at the mouth to have fun with the multiplayer...and this happens She wants me to try and get a refund (I bought it for her), and refuses to play it now--at all.

How long is it going to take for this to get fixed...erm, 'improved'? Would we be talking days or more like many weeks/months?

PS-What about mods to patch animations back in? Are they out yet? lol

Tell her to gift her copy to me. (Refunds are impossible with Steam anyways)

Simultaneous turns among players who agree ahead of time aren't bad. It just means that, once the war starts, all military moves need to be taken in turn. If player A declares war before player B moved, he'll have to always go before player B until the war is done unless they agree to switch. It can be awkward, but it's not terribly awkward.

That beings said, I do hope they add turn based as soon as possible.

That's how my friends and I played Civ4, but it's certainly not an optimal setup. When you're 350 turns into a game and one move out of turn can win a war, some of my "friends" are jerks about it.

The absolute best option would be to have simultaneous turns during peacetime and forced sequential turns once civs declare war. If A is at war with B and C is at war with D, A+C could take turns together and B+D could take turns together. It wouldn't be that complicated to implement.

Thanks for the link, I have just registered with 2k forums to post a comment to 'vote' for an animation option in MP.

I am sure you are right, the official forum will carry more weight than here. Anyone else disappointed by MP should consider doing the same.

When did 2k Greg say "I myself am personally turned off by no animations and no saves in multiplayer" exactly? I didn't find it in the link.

CTRL-S works, but it only lets you save one game, and you can't actually reload it. You have to rely on autosaves.

You actually can reload manual saves, but to do so you have to copy the save file into the auto directory, and then add "AutoSave_" (without the quotes) to the beginning of the file name. This way the manual saved file will show up under the Autosaves filter in the in-game saves browser.

You actually can reload manual saves, but to do so you have to copy the save file into the auto directory, and then add "AutoSave_" (without the quotes) to the beginning of the file name. This way the manual saved file will show up under the Autosaves filter in the in-game saves browser.

That's...so ridiculous...

Top Bottom