Shacknews Civ 5 review: No save games in multiplayer?

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Multiplayer' started by Formica, Sep 17, 2010.

1. Louis XXIV

Louis XXIV Le Roi Soleil

That would be a cool idea. Completely random observation, but it reminds me of Perfect Dark, when they had a slowdown mode that turned off when nobody was near you.

Of course, the biggest issue right now is lag and slowdown. Anything about simultaneous turns are secondary. I did have a war where the guy attacking me refused to cooperate for taking turns, so it made it play more like an RTS, but I adjusted. Should be fixed, but lag is first.

2. DonaldKipper

DonaldKipper Chieftain

Simultaneous Turns and Unit Animations just falls apart as soon as you have any kind of fight with multiple units

use 1 unit to attack and lock the unit attacking in combat (and the tile) and then freely run your other units past with the opponent unable to respond until the animation runs its course

if you are going to ask for rubbish like animations in MP, it would be better if you had actually played MP with animations at some degree of competency in order to understand why they are not allowed

3. Tridus

Tridus Warlord

And if you're playing in a co-op game against the AI, it doesn't matter in the slightest because animations aren't a problem in that case.

It should be optional.

4. carstuar

carstuar Chieftain

It's pretty damn terrible that you can't save multiplayer games normally. Games can take way too long to play them in one sitting. I know there's the workaround with autosaves but it's a major flaw that a workaround is necessary in the first place.

5. sidcom

sidcom Chieftain

This is epic fail. I regret buying this game now, even I thought it couldnt get much worse when I discovered there is no hotseat. MP in this game is a bad joke :(

6. Janster

Janster Chieftain

So much emo trolls, mp will be fixed, simu-rounds is mandatory if you want to EVER finish a game.
    I miss the animation, I will NEVER EVER miss superstacks of doom.

Battle is real fun now compared to the old days.

7. dpeterman

dpeterman Chieftain

Regarding no game saves in Multiplayer:

I played a game yesterday in which my screen went "BLACK" and being just myself, the Host and 6 AI Civs he offered to save the game and rehost. I asked how this could be done and he said that's what "Steam Cloud" is for. Just thought I would throw that out there. He saved, Rehosted and he continued kicking my arse :D

His Steam name is Dirk by the way. You could friend him and ask or friend me **sHArK** and I could pull him into chat for you so that you may ask for clarification.

Dirk: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198005412520/

**sHArH** : http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198016437961

Regards