Shattered Lands -- 18 Civ PBEM game

Larven

Warlord
Shattered Lands
18 Civ PBEM game

Beyond the Sword expansion required

My role in this huge PBEM is to coordinate the game as a Game Master. This includes managing the passwords, new players, turns and playing the open civs. In the end I cannot win this game. But you can win if your up for the challenge.

Details

18 Civilizations
Huge map with many islands
Map has been edited to make things interesting
No Tech Brokering (you have to research it to trade it)
No vassals
Normal Speed

Rules

New players can join in anytime even after the game has started. (I will get things started)
New players can play 1 civ that are randomly given
Players must move within 12 hours after receiving there turn or the GM will their move for them.
If a player misses 3 turns, they are removed and control is given to the GM or another player
GM can sit in for you if you have to go for a few days
All moves are sent to the GM who will then forward them to the next player
Passwords are assigned by the GM. Players are not allowed to change them.
Your password is only known by the GM and yourself

Options

Play your civ like it was your own personal on going kingdom for competitions, ladders, tournaments and scrims.
I will try to place players in order of their time zones

Game Start

Get in immediately if you want control of your civ from the start.
Game will start roughly 24 hours after this post

---------------------------------------------------------

Game Name:
Time zone:
Most active playing times:

(PM me your e-mail so I can send you your moves)

Game Stats

Game Turn: #103
Time of before last turn: 56 hours
Time of last turn: losing track
Current Year: 300 BC (Start: 9PM, 5/23/2009)
Next Player to move: Alexx

Current Scoreboard

Click here to see scoreboard

Tournament standings

Dreylin / 425 points / 8 free City Garrison I upgrades, 4 free March upgrades & 1 bonus Temple (Random existing religion)
Mazinho / 100 points / 4 free City Garrison I upgrades & 2 free March upgrades
Dogboy / 50 points / 2 free City Garrison I upgrades & 1 free March upgrades

Last edited:
The game has started.

There is still room for 5 to 14 players

Most of the next many rounds will be just scouts moving, settlement location etc..... So its never too late to join in.

me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me
any civ
GMT - 5 (New York)

Added Ruff_hi to game
Updated stats

Seeing that everyone is just playing one civ. I have changed the rules to only one civ per player.

We have room for 13 more players

Feel free to just e-mail me what your next moves are. Its allows for quicker turn around

All civs have settlements now

Game Name: Deztro
Time zone: GMT+1
Most active playing times: 18:00-22:00, in the weekend 10:00-22:00.

Added Deztro & Mikeyia

Still room for 11 more players

Another good way to help move things along. Place a note on your map (Alt S) on your map for the destination of your warrior/scout. You can also add a note by your town for your next build and next tech. This way nothing goes wrong and you help to move the game along quicker. Hopefully we can do more than 1 turn per day.

Game name: Zorzak
Time zone: GMT+1
Most active playing time: from 10:00 to 01:00
Civ: one random civ

Added Zorzak to player list

Don't forget, you can stack your builds in your cities so I don't need to send you your move just to for you to decide what your building next.

Still room for 10 more players

The attachment below shows how effective using in game notes to communicate with your game master. The sample I provided shows enough information for 5 turns at least. The game masters knows to send you the file if special circumstances arise. The city builds are even stacked in order by using the shift key and choosing your next build. The notes can be added and erased by using ALT S.

I realize that 1 hour response is an exceptional turn around time for a PBEM. But consider that a game master can run through your turn in 1 minutes when it has the needed information. A Game Master running some of your turns is vital for the progress of an 18 player PBEM. It can improve the speed any size PBEM.

And yes, a game master should know how to scout properly if you give him a rough idea where your scouts are going. Again, a game master should not be making decisions that you could not have foreseen due to new information.

The game master can also e-mail you ahead of time (when your done your turn) if he has a simple question like "What is your next Tech".

At some point the game will evolve to where a Game Master running your turn will not work anymore. By then, the game should be very interesting. I realize that some of us are addicted to moving scouts :)

Attachments

• CivSample.JPG
    CivSample.JPG
    383 KB · Views: 196
I'm actually a fly by the seat of my pants kinda player. I often don't know my next move till I've done it. I'd like to play all my moves if thats ok.

Last edited by Larven : Jan 02, 2009 at 02:39 PM. Reason: update
If this is accurate - I haven't seen the save yet. Or did I give you enough info for you to make my move for me?

@Larven - totally happy with you playing my turns (under instructions from me :D) but I would like to get a copy of each save so that I keep some level of contact with my civ.

Game Name: SV110MHH
Time zone: GMT +5
Most active playing times: 20:00 to 4:00 GMT

Top Bottom