Sherlock Holmes (26/02/10)

I would like to point out that in this thread Swoggy killed Plotinus with a typo.
Hmm, did you have to add the dying sequence? Sherlock Holmes is one of the characters that I thought should live forever. Not even A. C. Doyle could kill him off permanently.

Plotinus was last seen battling Moriarty above a waterfall, and I am confident that he shall be seen again.

As for Holmes, if Ritchie can't kill him, nobody can.

Any possibilities of creating a Winston Churchill unit?

Sorry, but that's not happening.

Hmm, did you have to add the dying sequence? Sherlock Holmes is one of the characters that I thought should live forever. Not even A. C. Doyle could kill him off permanently.

Hard to have a unit that can't be killed - if you don't want him to die, give him some absurdly high stats, I suppose.

Sorry, but that's not happening.
We shall never surrender!!!
Plotinus said:
Hard to have a unit that can't be killed - if you don't want him to die, give him some absurdly high stats, I suppose.
Or edit the .ini file so that death.flc is never shown… tinker around with the Holmes run files to create a 'flee' .flc and you have him running away from the enemy. Might work.

Or edit the .ini file so that death.flc is never shown… tinker around with the Holmes run files to create a 'flee' .flc and you have him running away from the enemy. Might work.

Creative. So you'd rather Holmes be chicken than dead? :confused: He won't be seen again, anyway. There is a setting that makes units withdraw from combat when they're hurt, but I've never figured out how it works, exactly....

Creative. So you'd rather Holmes be chicken than dead? :confused: He won't be seen again, anyway. There is a setting that makes units withdraw from combat when they're hurt, but I've never figured out how it works, exactly....
Unit Abilities:
Retreat
Units that have a higher movement modifier than the opponent and have not used all of their movement points can retreat when their hp drops to 1.

I believe the Retreat ability only works for a unit if the unit has a higher movement modifier than the opponent AND the opponent has movement 1, no more.

There's a way of setting a unit so it can't be attacked: from memory it's 0 Def and Hidden Nat- check out the balloon in EFZI2.
The AI doesn't understand the setting of course and will try to attack the unit but all that happens is that both units end up occupying the same tile. You can still lose the unit if you attack with it and lose or if it get lethally bombarded. Invisible helps out a little with the AI hunting down Hidden Nat units.

And Wolfhart is correct about the retreat only working for fast units (2 moves or more) against units with 1 movement.

There's a way of setting a unit so it can't be attacked: from memory it's 0 Def and Hidden Nat- check out the balloon in EFZI2.
... You can still lose the unit if you attack with it and lose or if it get lethally bombarded.
There's actually one other way to lose such unit: Barbarians will kill it.

Well, not chicken… but he never got killed an knew when to retreat. The retreat effect is a random thing as described above, and it doesn't happen that often -in my experience at least, perhaps there's someone with a lot of luck making up for this imbalance in the universe- so you can't rely on it.
Maybe walking backwards, away from the scene, as a 'death' .flc?
EDIT:
You can set it to be 100% likely on the "Combat Experience" tab, though, if you wanted (I'm pretty sure it goes this high...)
Yes, the editor does let you. I've just checked :)

Top Bottom