Short fun game (immortal)

^ CKN's are one of the most overrated units in the whole game. They're way, way, WAY too expensive to throw away as collateral, and that's really all they can be used for. Xbow's are too bad as a base unit for the regular drill bonus to save them. I'm fine with QSH though, the trait set is fine :)

If people want an easy-going game, I'm fine with OCC. However I feel like this game was pretty easy-going as well, maybe we'll get soft :lol:

EDIT: My understanding is that OCC people are about half IND half PHI... EVERY wonder is great since OCC basically means WE/SSE by default. :)

Well, this game was meant to be a softie game as I was expecting SGOTM to start by now :mischief: If you guys think OCC immortal conquest is too easy, we can do OCC deity conquest on a small map (to lessen re-settling issues). Not sure whether we'll win on those settings but it'll be worth a try :lol:

:) I didn't mean Immortal OCC is easy but it's certainly easy-going as there's not much to talk about really. As I said I'd prefer a game with more to talk about but am fine with OCC :p I'm pretty sure Immortal OCC Conquest won't be too easy :)

Game over, folks! It took 10t. We win 1765 AD CONQUEST, for 164k. :goodjob: everyone.

1720 AD
Spoiler :

There were a few skirmishes with Roosevelt between turns, but it's nothing major.
We get a Great Spy at low odds. I decide to use it on DG. We'd have to wait quite some time for another GP, as St. Pete gets to 5-6 unhappy citizens.

I'm just moving units around. Building some theaters and colosseums. Slider's at 10% culture.

1725 AD
Spoiler :

Frankfurt revolts and joins England.
Without many losses, we capture San Francisco.

Roosevelt is still refusing to talk at this point. I have to re-group a bit for a turn now, before proceeding to Chicago.

1730 AD
Spoiler :

We get a stupid random event.

AP election, I vote for us and we obviously lose. ;)

DG is teching Steam Power.

1740 AD
Spoiler :

Mao decides that he no longer needs iron.

But, he does need coal, so I give him that - might as well.

Results of the AP election.

At this point, Roosevelt is finally willing to talk, but still wont capitulate. This is his stack in Chicago.

I pound the city with Airships. We still lose some units there, but it doesn't matter. His power immediately drops from 2 to 2.8.

And...

1745 AD
Spoiler :

I do a recon mission with an airship, to see what DG has in store.

:lol: His best city defence is, like, 4-5 rifles. At this moment, I'm ferrying 3-4 spies to use on him, but there's no need. I can just blast him with Cossacks.
I decide it's time to give some cities away. Churchill already flipped Frankfurt, now Bismarck gets Hamburg back.

1750 AD
Spoiler :

Time to finish this...

We got another GG, btw. I made another medic, since I didn't know what to do with it. It never got even close to the front.
BTW, DG is immediately willing to talk. Goodie! He won't cap yet, but it can't be long.

1755 AD
Spoiler :

Rheims goes down.

He won't cap yet...

1760 AD
Spoiler :

But, now he will. :lol:

I decide to trade for some techs. Might as well boost the score a bit... ;)

Then comes the tedious part...

Well, that didn't seem tedious. :lol: I actually gave away plenty of cities, but the forum has a 30 img limit per post. Oh, well... I took it down to 62%, with a 64% limit, because there were cities coming out of revolt and popping borders left and right.

1765 AD
Spoiler :

And, finally...

Mother Russia is proud :hammer: :goodjob:

Good game everyone :)

edit: I liked the line of ships :)D) between the two continents BBP...

IT WAS SLOPPY. We end the game with a GSpy and GM just hanging out in random places.
:blush: :D I hear there's a nice poker table in Moscow that's just right for useful GPs to waste their time in.

But yeah, good game :goodjob:

Not a bad finish time considering the necessity for an overseas invasion on quick. Nice job team :goodjob: As for the sloppiness towards the end... that seems to be our style :lol: It looks like Roos was refusing to capitulate to us because of his land size and not his power.

So I guess that means we can start serious discussions on our next game now. OCC immortal conquest seems to have the most votes so far, as it's a relatively easy game in terms of microing. So I guess we just have to choose a leader then? We'll be using BUFFY 3.19.003.

RE: Next game

If we have a consensus on OCC conquest already, that's fine with me. I agree with Silu, though, there probably won't be that much interesting discussion.

Can we come up with more of a variant-type game? I don't have any particularly good ideas, but I've been wanting to try a couple of games: (1) no granaries; (2) no worker-building, only stealing. Both of those would, I think, require a late-game VC to be interesting. Probably space race. Not sure how easy/difficult it would be. As anything, it would depend on difficulty level and map setup.

This game was clearly too easy, but that's mostly because of the setup luck. We got an awesome capital, lots of land to easily grab, and the AI's got crap land and did an awful job teching.

variant (2) isn't that hard... look at Sulla's and Rolo's game (though they were on medium level :mischief:). With some maps (like archipelago), it is easy. I am up for another one though if u really wanna try :)

(1) looks interesting, maybe an ICS style would lessen the penalty (more cities = smaller cities= less food wasted while growing without gra)

OCC conquest will get more difficult when it comes to estimating how large of a stack we need to take out AI's and whether we pursue certain wonders etc. But I can understand how it looks "plain." I'm a bit worried about setting up an overly time consuming variant, although we admittedly spent a couple pages debating where to settle Moscow in this one :lol:

I also thought about a military style game but giving the AI 5 settled GG's in its capital. It would make warring significantly harder, and we could even hand select aggressive AI and turn aggressive AI on (maybe overkill).

No granaries is a bit painful but not that hard to work around - just never whip. No worker building has been done. I'll see if I can think up of an interesting variant.

Masochist variant idea: no happy resources allowed... must not connect in isolation, must gift/trade away to known AIs :D

Just ban HR then :lol: though I am up for no health too... :crazyeye: I let you guys choose, I can't make up my mind.

Well, I did suggest no granaries because I'm kinda interested in force-restricting city growth and development. No health might be interesting. How about we extend that to no health-giving buildings, and I get my no-granary game to boot. :D

So no health giving buildings (granary, aqueduct, hospital, grocer, supermarket, harbor, and recycling center) and no health giving resources? Can we play on an arboria map? ;)

I'm liking these no happy/hr or no health variants a lot, much more than the OCC stuff to be honest :) Should make for an interesting game.

Top Bottom