Short fun game (immortal)

saw your dear friend raymond in the stadium ras? ;)

Nope... He is usually under cover as "most hated people in France" (this title is shared with an agitated small guy...). I would be at the police station if I had :lol:

PS: BBP, there are 4 infantries sw sw sw of New York... keep an eye on them as they can strike. I used one or two airships so they kept healing. I agree with Mysty (sell your iphone and buy a laptop ;)), only one of the southern coastal city should be needed to cap Roosy.
Yeah, I took note of his units. We'll lose a few and kill a few IBT.
All the spies are so we can hopefully revolt one of DG's cities?
What are we doing with the next GP?
I'll have to build some theaters and colosseums like mysty suggested, and probably ramp up the slider to 10-20% soon.

EDIT: Actually I'll think about this some more when I get into it... We're so close to the end, maybe a few more units make a difference. I'd like to make sure I'm loading up all the galleons efficiently.

I'll play tonight (in about 10-ish hrs).

I agree it's awesome! Paris (and pretty much every other populated place in France) looked like that in 98:

Helps when you win, right? :D I actually had a lot of money riding on France that summer. They didn't disappoint. ;)

Don't forget that we need 1.5 power to capitulate someone, and us having more power makes it more likely that our target is less than the global average. So I'd be ok with building some more units on the homeland.

@team - should I start thinking of a new game since it looks like SGOTM is a ways away?

spies: yes, any revolt will help...
GP: keep and grow another type for golden age I guess ;)

@Shyuhe: I am up for another one... why don't we play something soft like culture or space OCC? Last SGOTM was a conquest so maybe we will have such a game this time... ofc I am up for an AW game as well :D

OOC space, meh - everyone can do so as long as one doesn't get too shafted w/ the land.

OCC conquest - the real fun (standard size map)

^^ you mean OCC conquest?

I am up for anything really... for OCC conquest I'd suggest emperor... or immortal (Fox's last games were at immortal right?)

Emperor OCC conquest is not very difficult if you get pyramids+a good shrine going and of course reachable iron.
All in all you need a pangea alike map (inland sea for instance) and some luck.

Emperor OCC conquest is not very difficult

You never played with us... did u? :D Seriously i am up for immortal if the team agrees... deity is out of question imo

edit: Now I get what BBP meant :D... nice idea too! Shyuhe, roll a dice :lol:

IMO OCC culture with PA is so boring I imagine. After getting the PA with a good cultural AI we've won, getting our city to legendary is easy.

OCC space is boring too imo.

OCC conquest is interesting :) however I have next to no experience with such games (usually I like having 20+ city empire when going for conq/dom :lol: However I did OCC conq on emperor I think - if we want to have an interesting game we'll surely want immortal, I agree, deity is too much... Well then, what kind of parameters do we want? I'd like an inland sea map but pangaea is ok too... What leader... I have no strong preference...

Fox ran OCC AW games, which are a bit different. It sounds like people want OCC conquest, in which case the level will be immortal. Maybe if we get cocky, we can try deity :lol:

Since we're OCC, we'll want industrious. I'm open to suggestions on the second trait. Aggressive wouldn't be bad but that'd put us with Stalin again. But I'm getting ahead of myself. We need to wrap up this game before we can start a second!

OCC Conquest is an exercise in frustration, really... Done it once and it was horrible :D And losing key wonders really sucks in OCC in general. I'd be more excited about anything else (except maybe regular culture :D) I can see OCC Culture being extremely frustrating... How do you guide your idiot AI ally to get 2 legendary cities? Waiting until you see someone going culture seems a bit risky... Feels a bit like a dice-oriented variant.

Cultural extermination, do you mean conquest by only capturing cities with flips? It's the kind of wacky variant I love, but it requires a pretty low difficulty level and thus might not be that exciting. I don't know :p

All that said, I can get excited about any game, if I try :D Especially since I don't have any variant propositions of my own for now.

@Silu - yes that's correct regarding cultural extermination. There was an informal SG competition on it before at monarch (I think). Given BTS espionage, I'd up it to immortal if we're going to try it.

Since the next SGOTM will start eventually I don't think we should get involved in something very special like cultural extermination as this would probably take very much planning and discussing and result in a long game... I'd rather have something more or less straightforeward, and OCC = less MM. My OCC hasn't been that bad (@silu) though I don't remember that game very well. But once we get the war machine going it shouldn't be that much of a problem as we just keep on killing around the lake (if inland sea) which will avoid that much resettling by AIs.

Fox' OCC AW games are something very different and require a map creator... Don't think we want that kind of game (or am I mistaken?)... if we do we can always ask the HoF staff for some help getting a map creator... :p

As for civ/leader... May I suggest QSH? Could be interesting, starting a war supported by chokos if they're any good, I never used them, but on the paper they sound... funny :lol: PRO means we can get drill muskets/rifles... Which is nice once we get to drill 3 or 4 as it doesn't need much healing. Early game should be easy with mining/agri to get started quickly and set up with a bunch of wonders.

Isn't philo better than industrious for OCC (I mean beside the mids and glib, are there any more "mustn't miss" wonders?)? Peter or Suleiman (to cook GGs in conquest mode) maybe? or Lincoln? :crazyeye:

Top Bottom