Should (and can) Byzantine 500 player protect Tyre and Jerusalem?

8ha8ha

Chieftain
I found that I can make peace with Arab without losing city at the born of Arab, but it is still very very difficult to protect the land as so many disturbing from barbarian. Also will I be crusadered if I keep the Jerusalem??

I found that I can make peace with Arab without losing city at the born of Arab, but it is still very very difficult to protect the land as so many disturbing from barbarian. Also will I be crusadered if I keep the Jerusalem??
How do you make peace with them?
Was there an automatic war on their spawn?

There are no Crusades for an Orthodox Jerusalem.

I mean tolerate several turns without losing city to them

By the way it is quite challenge to protect emperor against SO MUCH enemies

It is possible to make peace with them if you refuse to flip, crush their first stack with a single skirmisher (head to the empty damascus from Aleppo) and resist the following turns, killing their 3 or more horse archers that will come next. Sometimes they will be able to negotiate peace after you conquer their city.

idk i used to agrre on flip then reconquer all. and the 10 turns unit flipping is the most annoying feature ever.

Sometimes Arab Horse Archer will attack Antioch and then can make peace within the 10turns period so that less unit flipping.

I think Byzantine should have UP/wonder for some advantage to kill barbarian. E.G GG point is given within the cultural border. Byzantine need to kill barbarian almost every day.

The Byzantines lost most of their Empire to "barbarians" lol. I think their loss of land on the frontiers makes perfect sense, so long as they don't "collapse" from it. Depicting the Gothic Wars though would be awesome though:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gothic_War_(535–554)

Depicting the significant Byzantine interests in Italy in general would be awesome—I think it would have to wait until the proper Sicily civ to be implemented, though.

Depicting the significant Byzantine interests in Italy in general would be awesome—I think it would have to wait until the proper Sicily civ to be implemented, though.
Actually it's already in some form. This is what I have already implemented for them within the update:
- Byzantium 1st UHV: Justinian's Ambitions: have at least 6 cities in Italy + Dalmatia, Tripolitania, Ifriqiya in 632 AD
- Byzantium 3rd UHV: The Second Rome: previous 1st UHV condition added here
- Byzantium UP: new aspect: can use the Imperialism civic without the given tech
- Byzantine conqueror army arrives near south Italy in ~520AD, led by Belisarius

Actually it's already in some form. This is what I have already implemented for them within the update:
- Byzantium 1st UHV: Justinian's Ambitions: have at least 6 cities in Italy + Dalmatia, Tripolitania, Ifriqiya in 632 AD
- Byzantium UP: new aspect: can use the Imperialism civic without the given tech
- Byzantine conqueror army arrives near south Italy in ~520AD, led by Belisarius

But Dalmatla will become foreign land in the present game (If I am correct). Will it be also changed?
Make Byzantine Great again!

Oh, that’s awesome!

But Dalmatla will become foreign land in the present game (If I am correct). Will it be also changed?
Make Byzantine Great again!
It will still become unstable with the later civ spawns (Bulgaria and Venice).
Why do you think it should be changed?

Top Bottom