Should Athletes be allowed to major in their sports?

Should you be able to Major in "Football" (or any other sport)?

• Total voters
All too many young men either completely lack interest in the mandatory and largely arbitrary and convenient choice of major or, at best, are only marginally attracted to it. Their laserlike focus is upon football, basketball, or baseball. It is here where their most powerful and meaningful motivations lie.

I do acknowledge the lack of an alternate career path for up-and-coming baseball/football/hockey/basketball athletes in the U.S., but..

All too many young men either completely lack interest in the mandatory and largely arbitrary and convenient choice of major or, at best, are only marginally attracted to it. Their laserlike focus is upon football, basketball, or baseball. It is here where their most powerful and meaningful motivations lie.

People who have no interest at all in being educated shouldn't really be attending University..

People who have no interest at all in being educated shouldn't really be attending University..

Thats not fair because the best way to get into the NFL (thats your choice, somebody has too!) is through the college system. I stick with my earlier posts and say the people who wish to play sports and get into the pro leagues shouldn't have to bother with learning.

Thats not fair because the best way to get into the NFL (thats your choice, somebody has too!) is through the college system. I stick with my earlier posts and say the people who wish to play sports and get into the pro leagues shouldn't have to bother with learning.

No, what should happen is college sports should be gotten rid of (if students want to play sports, they can get together and play them); it's a waste of money. The pro leagues can find another place to recruit from.

Well, i don't know why you would just sabotage quite a successfull system. Based on "if your good at sport, your really dumb and i don't want you near my university - also i'm better then you" which is a bit of the vibe i'm getting in this thread. Right now, this is the best way for these players to get into the NFL, so i do not blame them for going down this route. Also Dach's proved earlier it's not a complete waste for colleges to participate in college US football, they may not all make a profit but they benefit from the brand image in admissions and reputation.

Also Dach's proved earlier it's not a complete waste for colleges to participate in college US football, they may not all make a profit but they benefit from the brand image in admissions and reputation.

A roof said what now?

Top Bottom