Should Central Government Over Rule Local?

It depends on what stage or phase the country/region is in.
What is appropriate for a country emerging from a war or other ravages is different to what is "best" for a country that is prosperous and stable.

It's always blown my mind that in the U.S. you can be legally smoking a joint, as per your state's laws, and any cops from your state will ignore you, since you aren't breaking the law.. but federal agents could at any minute taze you, shoot you in the face, sprinkle crack on your face, and drive away.

It's always blown my mind that in the U.S. you can be legally smoking a joint, as per your state's laws, and any cops from your state will ignore you, since you aren't breaking the law.. but federal agents could at any minute taze you, shoot you in the face, sprinkle crack on your face, and drive away.
They could, but usually don't.

They could, but usually don't.

You're right, the feds usually have better things to do. But it's crazy that if one happens to be nearby, your life could be over..

And I mean, here in Canada we do have some contridactory laws between different jurisdictions, but nothing that extremely extreme (I don't think)

Top Bottom