Should Hitler be in the game?

Should Hitler be included in the game?

• Yes, because he was "great" in a way

Votes: 37 8.6%
  • Yes, because regardless of ideology, he did have hell of an impact on history

Votes: 263 61.4%
  • No, because he was a mass murderer

Votes: 39 9.1%
  • No, because it may encourage or glorify Nazism

Votes: 89 20.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Will_518

Chieftain
Well, currently, Stalin, Mao, Victoria, etc are all in the game, so why shouldn't we include another mass murderer?

After all he did have a fair bit of impact on history, just look at all the TV programs, movies and games based on WWII. Hell, a lot of historians and media people would not have a career if it wasn't for his mass murdering policies 60 years ago.

But, on the other hand, Neo Nazis do have a far greater tendency to lynch, riot, and beat up other people; compared to communists, or sentimental historians who love Imperial histories.

So, Should Hitler be in the next expansion?

Ah, the weekly Hitler poll.

It's a tough debate. He was a very famous leader of germany but for all the wrong reasons. he's too controversial anyway as azzaman said, the current german leaders are fine

CIV is an adult game. I dont think teenagers dare to play such complex and long game. Thus, everything can be added, Hitler, talibans, units as suicide bombers, why not.

We can make the difference between good and bad. And between real life and video game. Hitler would trigger amazing/famous succesion games and scenarios.I voted "yes, because he was great in a way", he can be subject for a good book or video game.

I made a thread which was almost exactly like this one about a month ago. It was deleted in a few days. Strange, because the thread I made about Stalin still exists. Why is Stalin so much bettert then Hitler?

SPQR300 said:
I made a thread which was almost exactly like this one about a month ago. It was deleted in a few days. Strange, because the thread I made about Stalin still exists. Why is Stalin so much bettert then Hitler?

The Hitler thread comes up once a week.

SPQR300 said:
Why is Stalin so much bettert then Hitler?

Lying about Stalin's crimes is legal. In, for instance, most of Europe, doing so with Hitler's is not. And many of the Hitler threads seem to drift in that direction.

Personally, I think that having Stalin and Mao in the basic game is equally reprehensible. There is good news for all Hitler fans out there, though. In the latest interview with GameSpot, Firaxis shows that all that matters is the bottom line - even if it mean to glorify Stalin and Mao.

GameSpot: "...we also know that you'll introduce more modern leaders, such as Churchill and Stalin"
Jessie Smith: "We're mainly responding to consumer demand."

If the neo-nazi lobby proves to be as strong as the comunist, I am sure that Hitler will be here soon too...

azzaman333 said:
Im 15, and i know that there are 12 year olds (eg. LLXerxes) who play this game as well.

Don't forget me! I'm 13.

Salamandre said:
CIV is an adult game. I dont think teenagers dare to play such complex and long game. Thus, everything can be added, Hitler, talibans, units as suicide bombers, why not.

Are you kidding me? Why do you say that it is too "complex and long" for teenagers?

Forget about hitler.
what is the purpose of putting this up on a regular basis?
He's not there.
mod it if you want.

Salamandre said:
CIV is an adult game.

Sorry, according to the ESRB, it is an E10+ game. This means that the material should be suitable for anyone over 10.

In addition, including Hitler would make it much harder to get on store shelves in Germany, one of the biggest markets for strategy games.

Why must this poll be opened every single week?

This comes up every week?! :p I had no idea. I thought it'd be good to see how this compares to the Stalin poll. There looks like overwhelming support for Stalin in the game.

BTW, Just vote in the poll. Don't bother with discussions or arguements here, I'm pretty sure we've heard them all; if you haven't, then go and check out the Stalin thread.

sorry but in what way is victoria a mass murderer

It clearly is disgusting - to say the least - to see these "polls" come up again and again. Seems that certain people don't get their lesson from history.

About the argument "civ is a game for adult" people, I only can laugh. This thread clearyl shows that minors are attracted by controversal figures like Hitler, Stalin and Mao. Drooling with excitement they seem to see themselves in a black uniform.
Absolutely disgusting!

Commander Bello said:
It clearly is disgusting - to say the least - to see these "polls" come up again and again. Seems that certain people don't get their lesson from history.

About the argument "civ is a game for adult" people, I only can laugh. This thread clearyl shows that minors are attracted by controversal figures like Hitler, Stalin and Mao. Drooling with excitement they seem to see themselves in a black uniform.
Absolutely disgusting!

I know the mods probably won't like my comment here, but I have to say that I find your comment disgusting. Teenagers like the game becuast it's fun, not because they want to be a murderous dictator. They don't want to be another Hitler or Stalin or Mao. Why you would insinuate this is beyond me. I am not "drooling in excitemet." In fact, unlike you, I don't drool.

I can see why Firaxis would not include Hitler. They already get controversy for Stalin, with Hitler it would be a hundred times worse, and it would probably male the news, and be banned in Germany.

Salamandre said:
CIV is an adult game.

I started playing the very first Civ when I was 11.

Back on subject, regardless of whether people like it or not, Adolf Hitler been one of the most important paople in history of recent times, and this should be a good enough reason for him to be in the game, although I can see the reasons why he has been excluded and I can respect this decision.

Salamandre said:
CIV is an adult game. I dont think teenagers dare to play such complex and long game. thats just a dumb thing to say. I've been destroying grown men at chess since i was 8.

Thus, everything can be added, Hitler, talibans, units as suicide bombers, why not. because it's just a game and it's not worth the grief it would cause.

We can make the difference between good and bad. And between real life and video game. Hitler would trigger amazing/famous succesion games and scenarios.I voted "yes, because he was great in a way", he can be subject for a good book or video game.

This text added 'cause the site said my message was too short.

warpstorm said:
Sorry, according to the ESRB, it is an E10+ game. This means that the material should be suitable for anyone over 10.

In addition, including Hitler would make it much harder to get on store shelves in Germany, one of the biggest markets for strategy games.

Why must this poll be opened every single week?

It is remarkable, isn't it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom