should the us be in the game

Status
Not open for further replies.
ruff_hi said:
Two observations

1) most people buying / playing this game are probably American so leaving them out wouldn't be the smartest marketing idea I have ever seen
2) playing against the Americans means you can destroy them (or not) - its your decision!

Edit: Capitalised - sorry, no disrespect intended, just use to word capitalising those things

Well said Ruff_hi . Just from a marketing standpoint only it was critical, that and the fact that there would only be 3 civs that are playable.

Talking about Rise of Nations, they did'nt have America in the original game but added it in the expansion pack with it's own unique architecture.

I agree with CVDon. In civilizations, the actual civilization does'nt amount to much. The unique units, leader traits and starting technology differences don't amount to much. As mentioned, you could call yourself the people's republic of Rockall and conquer the world with sticks and stones.

The game is meant to reflect one posibble Earth not be a history lesson. We all know it does'nt take 20 years for three blokes with clubs to walk 64 miles and Rome was'nt built in a day!

jar2574 said:
And don't even start to ask Europeans about state capitals.

Try asking anyone about states/provinces in a country other than their own...

Anyway, we're all just feeding the original troll :)

United States (aka America) definitively have their place in Civilization, I think arguing on this is a waste of time. It's like arguing that Michael Jackson is not ugly. Come on, I understand that people have mixed feelings about the Americans, but it's not a reason to ignore the facts. They do have influence, and they do have their place in history.

I'm getting pissed of the sh*t talk against Americans, like if everyone else would be perfect. Yes many Americans have that well known "superiority complex", but I still don't understand why people afford too much importance to that, just ignore them, we can't change them, their education system can. There is people like that in every countries... I have nothing against patriotism, I'm kinda patriotic myself, but god knows that blind patriotism can be devastating. No I'm not American, and no english is not my native language. Have a nice day. :)

Franks said:
Come on, I understand that people have mixed feelings about the Americans...

:undecide: But .... but .... I thought everyone loved us. :(

HAHAHAHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH (I crack me up!) :lol: :lol: :lol:

Okay, as I originally feared, this is degenerating into USA-bashing and "my country is better than yours!" Therefor: Moderator Action: Thread closed.
Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

P.S. If you want to discuss your (mis)conceptions of what happened in WW2, for instance, please visit our World History forum. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom