Should we chance civics right after the conquest of Berlin ?

Should we chance civics right after the conquest of Berlin ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Provolution

Sage of Quatronia
The Mongol People has now agreed in a succession of polls to change civics to the following:

Representation
Bureaucracy
Serfdom
Decentralization
Organized Religion

I am of the opinion that we should change the civic right after Berlin, not now, not later, and with all of the above polls. This requires us to collectively agree that we also need to immediately research Monotheism in the interim, which is done in only 2 turns. I hope we can agree on it in this poll, or we should have a technology poll.

Still, it would be unfair that the people that does not want Monotheism and/or Organized Religion either halt the entire revolution, or break it up in minor anarchies, or force us to leave Organized Religion behind.
So for the sake of all of us, please agree to this Yes/No poll, so we can get on with the game.

Necessary Administrative Trivia

Discussion thread links, please?

It has been considered bad form to argue the case for or against a poll in the OP, but allowances can be made for one whom has been absent for a while. :)

The poll question and OP are in disagreement -- the poll question asks if we should change civics right after taking Berlin, but the OP then goes on to say this must imply we will research Monotheism. Technically it doesn't -- but the Science Officer could (and probably should) accept it as non-binding citizen input.

End of Admin Trivia

I support the timing of this civics switch, including acquisition of Monotheism prior to capture of Berlin and changing civics after Berlin is captured and Monotheism is known. What if Berlin falls too fast? :p

Berlin cannot fall too fast, it is going to fall the turn I instructed, as long as Joe Harker respects those instructions. There are three things that are certain, Death, Taxes and Provolution conquering Berlin.

Glad you support the move, as we would never get this off the ground with the present culture of making three polls for each minor motion. This has created a less than effective society with budget deficit, idle settler and veteran frontline troops serving as garrison, and the unit names not properly ordered. With this revolution behind us, we can concentrate more on the fun parts of the empire.

Yet, I can see that there is a problem that we even make broadly supported polls subject to red tape, as I see this game, which to an extent can explain the lethargy and fatalism I witnessed upon my arrival. It is good to have champions for procedure and conventions and so on, but do not let the bureaucracy and sophism kill off the spirit of the game. All of these civics have been polled, there is even a poll stating that we should do the change right after Berlin, that got a majority of the votes, abstained included.

Yet, I see constant sabotage in reaching the civics change. What about putting this into action? What about helping out in place of filibustering and procrastinating what people do want? I seriously hope you want to help out Dave.

This poll has probably already outlived its service, but I am sure happy to have the Civics Change underways.

About research, I think it's better:
1) Change first to PP to finish it in 1 turn and get some commerce boost (please
forgive me not to post how many is said boost, CD not here);
2) Then change to Monotheism to finish in 2 turns, still on time;
3) Return to guilds.
Best regards,

I agree Fed1943, we just need to go on here.

Top Bottom