Should we change then name to world 2010?

Should the name be changed

• Total voters
Read the title. And see if we can finish by then.

No I think we should try to maintain the current year.. Do we honestly have so little belief in ourselves?

I think we can finish, just if we want to do the whole future theme than I think we need to change

I think the idea has become to aim for one major update per year and change the name as we go. We will have version 1.0 ready in the early part of 2009, not 2010.

We JUST changed the name to 2009. lol

I think we can finish, just if we want to do the whole future theme than I think we need to change

yeah sorry bro, I think you may have been a little mislead in terms of what we are trying to do here. We're not doing the future, we are doing the present, and basically the foreseeable near future. Our goal is to prevent predicting the future.

Hope that's cool with you. (and everyone)

We don't want this to turn in to sci fi. There are already a number of cool sci fi mods.

I don't know why I though we were trying to get it one year ahead.

Probably because you saw us calling it World 2009 while it was still 2008.

I hope the mod still interests you!

Yes it does. I just want to get my name on something.

2009 with a retitle for each new year.

By the time we add all the features and make it as realistic as we can it'll be 2010 at this rate

I must honestly agree with Civ Editor here. I think the sheer amount of countries they want to represent at the same time has doomed the scenario to be unplayable until someone figures out how to change some coding really deep down. If it weren't for that, we could probably get the mod running pretty quickly; the civics and technologies are largely completed and the unique buildings and structures are easy to code. As I've said, we should have had coalition civs with Nation Nodes to code for unique units and buildings.

But we also keep talking about changing the game into a more realistic version which makes this almost impossible to finish soon we need to just have a thread where you tell everyone what we are going to do so more things aren't added unless absoloutely nessecary or the ai can't do something or you can't use a feature

I'll make sure to do that

The RevDCM base mod, as I've said before, allows up to 50, which is more than enough.

in RoM which includes it, any game over 47 will MAF

Genghis Kai's Giant Earth Map 1940 scenario runs fine with around 50 civs.

It sounds we're headed in the right direction so long as we don't get too caught up on the list of things we would like to do but can't.

If we're trying to implement some nice extra that we don't know how to do then forget it for the timebeing and release without. We can always add it in later and it's fair to say that a base working version1 will attract more people to get involved anyway. In my view holding off too long trying to do everything is what will kill this mod.

I'm right behind Niknaks working this through and I'm really pleased that he's coming through as the new team leader.

Okay I guess we'll work on other things ubtil version 1 is out

Top Bottom