Sign peace with Persia?

Yes, my spice traders are eager to go to Persia. ;) Besides, Persia is trading with no one, and is probably hurting for aid. We should help them. We could even turn them loose against the French when we go after France.

I am ready for peace with Persia....for now.

I can't remember the exact number but Persia can give no more than 75-85 gpt plus 358g for anything. I say let's see if we can get to that by giving some of our many luxuries during peace negotiations.

The Persian war doesn't serve us anymore and can only bring forth an unneeded alliance against us. Let us instead set our sights on France, who are close to getting their own tanks and are spread pretty thin right now due to their American conquests.

That's the spirit! Compromise, manipulate, use, abuse, and betray!

I will post a poll in about twelve hours, so if you want to say more on this subject, do it soon. ;)

Let's give peace a chance :)

Although my statement would be sufficient reason for me to support going for a peace treaty, let me follow up:

To secure our goals - we must clearly define friends and foes.
As mentioned earlier in this thread - Persia now poses no real threat.
There could be(?) a chance of getting a "bad" deal -> less profitable than expected - but the stability on the flank should prove useful to avoid AI-gang warfare (as mentioned above)
Also - an attack from 2 sides at once will only be a stress factor to our enemies -> if we let Xerxes be our friend for now, we could use him for that purpose (though CT wrote that he has no good offense left...)

Paalikles
-just tossing in some thoughts-

Originally posted by bootstoots
What's the point of the war with Persia, anyway?

They started it.;)

Originally posted by eyrei

They started it.;)

Yeah, about 3,000 years ago. ;)

Originally posted by Paalikles
Let's give peace a chance :)

Although my statement would be sufficient reason for me to support going for a peace treaty, let me follow up:

To secure our goals - we must clearly define friends and foes.
As mentioned earlier in this thread - Persia now poses no real threat.
There could be(?) a chance of getting a "bad" deal -> less profitable than expected - but the stability on the flank should prove useful to avoid AI-gang warfare (as mentioned above)
Also - an attack from 2 sides at once will only be a stress factor to our enemies -> if we let Xerxes be our friend for now, we could use him for that purpose (though CT wrote that he has no good offense left...)

Paalikles
-just tossing in some thoughts-

We can give him the horses and saltpeter that he lost to other civs along with the deal. That way, Xeres can rebuild his cav. France is bound to have a ton of units, as does Greece. I saw dozens and dozens during the turnchat.

A variation on the theme for final victory -- can we get domination by taking out France and Persia and avoiding war with China and Greece?

I have been reading as many of the threads as I can to try and catch up with this game.

Peace with Persia sounds like a good idea.

Originally posted by Feodor Ardent
A variation on the theme for final victory -- can we get domination by taking out France and Persia and avoiding war with China and Greece?

And have 10 more provinces? ;)

As many provinces as the Queen desires; and hopefully the title of World Empress.

But I need someone else to do the math. I lack familiarity with the equations.

Feodor Ardent
Feldmarschal Fanatikar-Heer

Originally posted by Chieftess

We can give him the horses and saltpeter that he lost to other civs along with the deal. That way, Xeres can rebuild his cav. France is bound to have a ton of units, as does Greece. I saw dozens and dozens during the turnchat.

Well - I suppose he will hurl a bunch of units at them.
The only thing that could backfire if he is used to open up a second front, is that he may start loosing cities, and then we have more to....errr...liberate (yeah, that's the ticket ;) )

We have a spy there, so we could wait until they have maybe 20 cavalry.

Use our ROP with France to Move our forces there.

And now is the time to start forgetting about our reputation. We are so powerful now that we could take on the entire world if we wanted to.

Lets start picking everyone off one by one.

So, you're suggesting that we abuse the French ROP to take out most of their cities? True, once we take out France, we'll have a border with every nation, and won't have a need for ROPs. They also have 45+ cities. So, we could split them up into sections, then move our troops in.

We could sign an ROP with China before we attack France. That way, we can cruise right into China after the war.

So, you're suggesting that we abuse the French ROP to take out most of their cities? True, once we take out France, we'll have a border with every nation, and won't have a need for ROPs. They also have 45+ cities. So, we could split them up into sections, then move our troops in.
That plan sounds too complicated to execute cleanly. However, we could infiltrate some commandos that way to take out their resources.

Top Bottom