SilliNES3: The Search for Imago

Noting that my version of Second Han (which only qualifies as 'realistic' under the very loose bounds this game is under) openly proclaims itself rightful ruler of the world- they accept alliances on a temporary basis but make no secret of their ultimate world conquest ambitions. This likely means hostility with the neighbours.

The Politics of the Second Han Empire
(OOC: Looked some stuff up briefly to make this a little more plausible.)

Although the Emperor has supreme power in the new Han and possesses all legal authority in theory, in practice he does yield to an extent to the views of others. The idea of representation has been partially adopted- in theory merely as a novel means for the Emperor to hear the voices of the people, in practice as bodies with their own say in society.

First is the House of the People. The House of the People is used as a means of processing complaints- as elected representatives seperate from the bureaucracy, its members ensure that the Emperor has an accurate eye on popular opinion. It can vote to petition the Emperor, and it is considered wise practice for the Emperor to give it some heed at least. In practice Emperors have done so in order to avoid the risk of revolt.

Second is the House of Exemplary Persons, representing the bureaucracy as well as notable scholars. Because bureaucratic jobs are so highly paid, they are in as much if not more demand than private sector posistions with jurisdiction over similiar numbers of workers- therefore although in theory the house represents the nation's scholars, in practice because scholarship is a requirement for high posistion and is so highly paid the two are mostly synonymous.

Third is the House of the Nations, representing the old nobility in practice- descendants of Confucius, Menicius, and other respected figures throughout history. The House of the Nation's noble bloodlines still have discrimination in their favour for top posistions, though they are at least trained for said posistions with modern educational methods from their birth. The House itself is generally given free reign to make laws with respect to matters that regard nobles but not other persons.

Islamic People's Republic of San Diego will fill in more later
Spoiler :
Government: Islamic People's Republic
ASP: 10
SpecTech: Will fill in later
Army: 50 Brigades
Navy: 25 Squadrons
Air Force: 25 Wings
Unique Unit: ONE FREE DESIGN, ONE FREE ASP
Background: BACKGROUND HERE (3 SENTENCES OR LESS)

History: GO INTO MORE BACKGROUND DETAIL IF YOU WISH.
Neighbor Suggestions: WHO DO YOU SEE AS YOUR COUNTRY’S NEIGHBORS?
Capital: WHAT IS YOUR CAPITAL?
Core Lands: WHAT LANDS MUST YOUR COUNTRY HAVE?
Reach Lands: WHAT EXTRA LANDS WOULD YOU HOPE TO START WITH?
Colonies: IF YOUR NATION IS A COLONIAL POWER, WHAT LANDS WOULD IT HOLD. CONSIDER THIS SUPER-REACH LANDS, AND THINK ABOUT POSSIBLE INDEPENDENCE MOVEMENTS

For everyone with last minute/late submissions, whether NPC or PC, remember that all this was due SUNDAY and only my good will is allowing you guys to submit late.

Big thanks to Terran Emperor, who colored the islands for me, and Tycho, who is to be our SECOND NPC-MOD!

Foreldreløs Republic
Government: Radically Individualistic Capitalist Cowboy Republic
SpecTech: Marsh Clearing (5), Highways (10)
Army: 50 Brigades, 15 Motorcycle Brigades
Navy: N/A
Air Force: 30 Wings
Unique Unit: Motorcycle Brigade, highly mobile and machinegun carrying highway-dependant brigade
Background: Known during the colonial period as inner Sølvfjord, the region was not sparsely settled, with limited agricultural development, until the advent of modern marsh clearing opened the country to immigrants seeking a new and free life, where anyone could embody the cowboy ideal. The country is largely run by municipalities, which hold elections for a national parliament, and a president whom is commander-in-chief.

History: One of the only two Norse majority places in the New World, the country was named the “orphan” republic for the region’s people, whom saw themselves as having to bootstrap their way up in life. The country became de facto free when its sister colony Sølvfjord revolted from Norse rule, and began accepting an influx of Christian-European immigrants up the river, whom saw the country as a land of opportunity, unlike the native controlled North America, and certainly far away from the Islamic new world. Agricultural developments allowed for a fast growing population, which eventually caused instability in the early 20th century, though reformers prevailed, and a formal central parliament and presidency were established out of the old-municipality led system, which led large-scale highway construction to help facilitate exporting grain resources (the country’s main export) down the river and out of the country.
Neighbour Suggestions: none
Capital: Langetasje (TTL Santa Fe, Argentina)
Core Lands: see map
Reach Lands: none
Colonies: none

Expenditures (30 ASP):
10 ASP – Highways
5 ASP – Marsh Clearing
14 ASP – 15 Motorcycle Brigades (1 free)
1 ASP – 5 Wings

Map:

Republic of Sølvfjord
Government: Plutocratic Presidential Dictatorship
SpecTech: Plantations (8), Eugenics/Genetics (2), Telecommunications (2)
Army: 85 Brigades
Navy: 60 Squadrons, 5 Endestasjonen Battleship
Unique Unit: Endestasjonen Battleship, a large multi-canon battleship, good at high sea combat and bombarding land targets from the ocean
Background: The site of the only successful Norse settlements in the New World, the declared republic never really realized its republican credentials, and remained mired in racially defined politics, suffering multiple coups by the military to reassert the correct social order. Large-scale plantation slavery through an Atlantic slave trade built up a cash-crop based economy, originally as revenue to the country’s Norse overlords from Europe, though the upper aristocracy continued to exploit African-Sølvfjordians even into the post-slavery era. Currently the country runs on a strong domestic police and military force, crushing protesters, often from the overflowing city slums, that want to see democratic change.

History: Sølvfjord has often been a militant country, participating in European conflicts by disrupting south Atlantic trade if it thought it could obtain technological or economic assistance, and despite having its own internal problems with multiple coups, it has also tried to overthrow neighbouring governments, supplying rebel groups that might give them a justification for intervention. Towards “inner Sølvfjord”, Foreldreløs, a passive aggressive attitude has been the status quo, as Sølvfjord only recently saw the country become a threat, though they can usually obtain political support for their actions by threatening them militarily or threatening to cut off the river’s flow of immigrants and exports. A sharp divide between ethnic minorities and the creole upper class has meant archaic voting institutions, such as land requirements, existed in the past, though since the most recent coup, the dictator has put the country in a permanent state of emergency, while he trying to appease the aristocracy.
Neighbour Suggestions: none
Capital: Godtbudskap (TTL Montevideo, Uruguay)
Core Lands: see map
Reach Lands: none
Colonies: none

Expenditures (30 ASP):
4 ASP – 5 Endestasjonen Battleships (1 free)
2 ASP – Eugenics/Genetics
2 ASP – Telecommunications
8 ASP – Plantations
7 ASP – 35 Brigades
7 ASP – 35 Squadrons

With all the last minute applications, I'll be taking a break from map making and start slugging the stats. Also, I think I might have to push back update zero because of this.

Please, if you are applying late, talk to me in #nes first! I would much prefer you taking an NPC as the game starts!

Spoiler :

Distant Backstory

An update (lower case u, dase) on the progress.

Here's my sketch of former (at least semi-successful) colonial history of Africa.

Galicia- Benin, Zanzibar
Ireland-South Africa, Serra Leone
Norse- Angola, Mozambique
Castile-Voltainia, Madagascar
Venice-Economic Patron of the Kingdom of the Kongo

As all can see, decolonization has been proceeding but isn't close to completion. Crossed out are destroyed colonies.

When will the Indian subcontinent/Tamil Nadu be included? And also Y U NO TAMIL DO COLONIES???????

Jk, as long as everyone knows that. I have those colonies, I'm fine without you having to go through the troubles of marking them.

NPC Idea (How much spending are they meant to have? I'm not sure. Will readjust as necessary):

Sorry to any New Zealander NESers in the house. I know you'd do the same to us if given the chance, so yeah. :p

Republic of New Zealand:

Government: Democratic Republic. For realz.
SpecTech: N/A
Army: 50 Brigades, 11 Sheep Brigades
Navy: 25 Squadrons
Unique Unit: Sheep Brigades: Literally a brigade made up of sheep. Provides morale to the other soldiers, if you get my drift. Are pretty useless at fighting because they are sheep. 1 ASP buys 1 Sheep Brigade which is 1,000 sheep. That's a lot of sheep.
Background: One of Britain's few colonies in the world, this one gained independence after the fall of Britain. Unlike Australia, they became a Democratic Republic, causing the Australian government to invade them. Are getting completely rolfstomped by the Australians in a war, probably because they wasted all their money on sheep.

I already have a very fun NPC in the area.

EDIT: And metagaming yourself 2 power's worth of economy isn't good form. ;)

Gah, Telstra ate my post. What I was going to say is that I wasn't TRYING to powergame lol, for what that is worth. :p

For those wondering why there is no update zero tonight, look around you. There are those who did not do their duty. Find them. Kill them. Bring me their heads, and you shall have your update.

Hint: One of them has a name that starts with < and ends with >.

Noted. Requesting a summary of what progress has been made.

PC Stats: Up to Page 3
NPC Stats: Too little, still need NPC design and such
Distant Background: Mostly Done, just need typing
Recent Background/"Update Zero": Outlined up to Page 3
Map: Asia (Thank god for Bair), South America (Gah! No Player Provided Maps At All jaghauhdcfashfaef)

Could I see the Asia map, please? I'm curious what's there.

For those wondering why there is no update zero tonight, look around you. There are those who did not do their duty. Find them. Kill them. Bring me their heads, and you shall have your update.

Hint: One of them has a name that starts with < and ends with >.

could we get a eta

Top Bottom