1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Skullduggery Thread for Demohacking

Discussion in 'Team CivFanatics' started by YossarianLives, Jul 4, 2012.

1. Maga_R

Maga_R Has quit civ

accidentally deleted

2. 2metraninja

2metraninja Defender of Nabaxica

Our investment in relations with the other teams started to pay off. We got a screenshot from RB's capitol inside. It was delivered from CP who seems to have city visibility trough Apolyton.

3. 2metraninja

The picture shows RB working unimproved tiles, but actually they are improved. This is some glitch showing the situation when we last visited and they got their RB map from us trough Apolyton.

We had a big chat last night with bistrita brainstorming what those delayed builds can mean. I will post it a bit later in the turn discussion thread.

4. Maga_R

Maga_R Has quit civ

Ah, I was about to ask about it ;) Another interesting thing is that they really want settler somewhere super-fast - they have market with one turn to completion, that would bring them a lot of gold, but they still prioritize getting settler one turn earlier ... And they still do not have marble :D

5. 2metraninja

:) To my best guess, they are actually building up some serious overflow. Not only serious, but also deadly precise overflow. Market 1 hammers short of production. Settler will end this turn 1 hammer short of production too. So the thing they want in my opinion is to get our Taj and they are deadly determined to get it if they are missing 26 gpt just for this.

6. 2metraninja

Settler will be 2 hammers short instead of 1 actually - just checked in Illustrator :) So, RB guys start to make mistakes and show signs of weakness. If they rely on such a loose micromanagement, their days as superpower are counted :D

7. Maga_R

Maga_R Has quit civ

Ah so ... but Taj was never in the queue? Did they not started it yet (do they have Nat yet?) or are they so good to realize they may be watched?

8. 2metraninja

Taj is not yet possible to be in the queue, because they still dont have Nationalism. But they will have it in 4-5 turns and then they will put in it huge hammer overflow from turn1. Something like prebuilding it, waiting for the tech and wonder itself being available.

9. Maga_R

Maga_R Has quit civ

Thanks. I asked in another thread, but I am very curious: what is building theathers has to do with Nationalism? Preparing for the Globe Theatre super-draft city?

10. 2metraninja

In one word, yes :)

11. Bowsling

Bowsling Deity

You know what'd be hilariously brilliant?

If we sabotaged their Taj build the turn after they cash in all that overflow. :D

12. 2metraninja

:) Would have been. If we had the amount of espionage and we had no agreement about espionage.

13. Aivoturso

Aivoturso King

You know, there is a team nearby who should have some espionage behind them and AFAIK does not have espionage agreement with RB. Why not share Bowsling's idea with team CP? Nothing better than getting our allies to do our dirty work for us :D We could even try to trade for this, e.g. give them gold for the lost EPs, or maybe even a Fast Worker or two.

14. 2metraninja

:) Sabbotagng will be really really expensive I think. And requires the ability to build spies trough Alphabet, but I will try asking CP.

15. Maga_R

Maga_R Has quit civ

The base cost is like 6 times hammer production, I think. The idea is definitely cool, but it is likely too late - spy need to be at least in place and should have 5 stationary turns discount. Moreover, looks like we need every :gold: to research Nat in time, we were planning even to borrow from our allies - to get enough EP to pull it off would likely require running EP slider a couple turns at 100%. As bistrita said, if you try to catch two birds, you end up with none.

16. YossarianLives

YossarianLives Deity

Raw numbers from T126:

Spoiler :

And the confirmation that they haven't changed ep spending.

Edit: Just realized that RB added a new city: Frozen Jungle. How many beers that this is their tundra marble city? :cringe:

17. Maga_R

Maga_R Has quit civ

Yes, it would be very expensive and infeasible for many reasons, although definitely cool idea :D

To give you idea about the costs, it would cost us between 481 :espionage: (with "stationary for 5 turns" spy discount) and 963 :espionage: (no stationary spy discount) to sabotage 150 :hammers: of RB overflow. If you are interested in CP's cost, best ask them, but it aint gonna be cheap ;)

18. Majic

Majic Warlord

Don't CP and RB have an NAP? Or is it just me who think sabotage production is an aggressive move?

19. Maga_R

Maga_R Has quit civ

They don't have a NAP, we were worried about RB attacking CP before we can help them. But you are right that even if CP would - in spite of all reasons not to - decided to sabotage RB production, it could bring the war that we are hoping to avoid now.

I just posted the number for educational purposes, as Yossarian said in another thread he wished he had a better idea about the cost of such a mission. I definitely do not recommend CP would do it.

20. Maga_R

Maga_R Has quit civ

Realms Beyond production, turn 126:

Adventure One 62 :hammers:
    Mansa's Muse 32 :hammers:
    Focal Point 0 :hammers:
    Horse Feathers 175 :hammers:
    Gourmet Menu 0 :hammers:
    Tree Huggers 17 :hammers:
    7Tribes 0 :hammers:
    ForbiddenFruit 22 :hammers:
    Eastern Dealers 0 :hammers:
    Brick by Brick 0 :hammers:
    The Covenant 20 :hammers:
    Starfall 6 :hammers:
    Ditchdigger N/A :hammers:
    Simple Life 57 :hammers:
    Cutting Edge 15 :hammers:
    French Riviera N/A :hammers:
    Frozen Jungle N/A :hammers:

Where is RB's great Lighthouse? Gourmet Menu had 184 :hammers: previous turn, now it shows 0. There is no more doubt that Horse Feathers is building a wonder. Looks like RB is building wealth at least in Focal Point and Brick by Brick, likely to research Nationalism at full speed.